Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Smarter inventory

Smarter inventory

Hey guys,

This is a mod that makes the inventory remember the last slot you used for an item. It will also try and fill the toolbelt before filling the backpack.

There's a known issue on slot 0 for the toolbelt where it can't push an item but other than that it's working pretty well. So much nicer to have a repaired item go back to the slot it was assigned.

A16.4 Download Link
    A16.3 Download Link
    A16.2 Download Link

A16.1 Download Link
    * Added the ability to shift click items to an entity container

A16 Download Link
    Last edited by HAL9000; 12-02-2017 at 01:14 PM.

A16.1 update added

hmm, anyway it could also show a 50% transparent image of what item it remembers in that slot?

2) will this make it so that: if i pull water out of a chest, drink water, and shift click it - then will the water auto go back to that spot?

Hello layarion,

It's probably a no on the first one, it'd need a lot of recoding for the UI system which is something I haven't got into yet but yeah there's plans to expand the mod to work with any container in the game rather than just the player inventory and belt.

could you outline how to install your mods from someone who has never done more the edit the vanilla items?

Follow three's post he linked over in the SDX thread, that should get you started

If a new item occupies the remembered slot, and there is room in my inventory, could this be setup to move items around so that item goes back in remember slot?

As is, if i put an item in slot 4, and put item in chest. If i come back to the chest, and shift click, and slot 4 is occupied by something else, then it goes to the enxt availible slot.

Not a big deal, and i'm not sure i would want it on all the time, but could be useful.

Perhaps if i hold Shift+F +left click or something.

2) maybe the possibility that, if inventory is full, swap slot 4 to chest and chest item back to slot 4.

anyway i finally figured out how to get SDX and this working. This will be a useful mod because it was annoying to have repaired items go somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by layarion View Post
    If a new item occupies the remembered slot, and there is room in my inventory, could this be setup to move items around so that item goes back in remember slot?

As is, if i put an item in slot 4, and put item in chest. If i come back to the chest, and shift click, and slot 4 is occupied by something else, then it goes to the enxt availible slot.

Not a big deal, and i'm not sure i would want it on all the time, but could be useful.

Perhaps if i hold Shift+F +left click or something.

2) maybe the possibility that, if inventory is full, swap slot 4 to chest and chest item back to slot 4.

anyway i finally figured out how to get SDX and this working. This will be a useful mod because it was annoying to have repaired items go somewhere else.
    Yeah I thought about all that when doing the mod but it becomes a farce pretty quickly with unintended behaviours. The best way I found is to just drop the item in all the slots you want to "reserve" for that item and then when it gets added it fills up those slots. If no slots are available it just uses the vanilla placement method

Refugee
    HAL could you please update this for 16.2?
    I cant compile it..

Quote Originally Posted by gottx View Post
    HAL could you please update this for 16.2?
    I cant compile it..
    Sure, new link is in the OP for 16.2

Refugee
    Thank you very much, its working :-)

Hal, i dunno what it is...but the "moves items to hotbar first" works fine at first. Then it stops working after a short bit. I'll try to get a video of it, but i'm caught up in some things right now. On a new world, punching grass puts it in my hotbar. Not long after though, mining things doesn't put rocks and stuff in my hotbar. I created a wrench with giveself wrench, and pressed E to pick it up. It didn't go to my hotbar again.

Everything else works as advertised, just not the hotbar feature.

Quote Originally Posted by layarion View Post
    Hal, i dunno what it is...but the "moves items to hotbar first" works fine at first. Then it stops working after a short bit. I'll try to get a video of it, but i'm caught up in some things right now. On a new world, punching grass puts it in my hotbar. Not long after though, mining things doesn't put rocks and stuff in my hotbar. I created a wrench with giveself wrench, and pressed E to pick it up. It didn't go to my hotbar again.

Everything else works as advertised, just not the hotbar feature.
    I'll have a look next time I'm playing and see if I can reproduce

HUH? Do you just drag and drop files?

You need SDX and compile it through that