Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24

Thread: Possible work around/ solution to MD5 error

  1. #1
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    0

    Possible work around/ solution to MD5 error

    This is my first post and I am trying to post in the console forums so hopefully it ends up in the right place where it may be of some help to xbox users.

    Perhaps someone else has already tested this or posted in regards to this possible work around but I have not seen a similar post yet. I have not been playing for nearly as long as some players here, (only since 6/28/2017) but just recently purchased the game for xbox1 digital download. I purchased the game fully aware of the MD5 error issues that seem to plague some very devoted players. My reason for purchasing a known buggy game was that it has tons of devoted supporters on PC as well as consoles and it has a great number of aspects that I was searching for in a game. I have quickly become quite addicted to the game and was also hit by the md5 error at 38 days in and also 41 days into my first play through. Although I have abandoned (maybe only temporarily) my first play through save, I do believe I have been able to avoid the md5 error on my second play through.

    I read through quite a lot of requests from players asking for the ability to 'manually save' because they think the cloud saves are not working properly or becoming corrupted. So I thought... "Did anyone confirm that there was anything wrong with the cloud?".

    Since starting my 2nd play through, any time at all that I ever encounter some sort of crash or other similar hiccough, BEFORE RE-LAUNCHING the game, I always go into 'my games and apps' for xbox, manage game, delete the local save from CONSOLE (not the reserved space or the save from everywhere else which would be the cloud), and resume to re-launch the game, then patiently wait for the console to re-sync with the cloud saves. So far at least in single player, I have not become a continuing victim of the MD5 error that so commonly wipes out large portions of player made bases or other 'chunks' from in game.

    Please note that I do not currently have a Gold xbox Live subscription (hopefully I will soon), or otherwise I would happily attempt to recreate this possible work around for use during multiplayer.

    Again, I do not know if anyone else has attempted this method or any other that is similar for avoiding whole or partial world resets but I do hope to hear some constructive feedback on how this might be of use to the devs at TFP as well as fellow 7dtd survivors! Good luck survivors!

    sTokedRecon

  2. #2
    Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Inside a rice-krispy treat
    Posts
    1,583
    Rep Power
    1
    I've never read anyone attempting this. Good on you for thinking outside the box. I truly hope this works.

    You should repost this in the md5 thread under known bugs for more views so others will test it

  3. #3
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MutilatorJuice View Post
    I've never read anyone attempting this. Good on you for thinking outside the box. I truly hope this works.

    You should repost this in the md5 thread under known bugs for more views so others will test it
    Ok I'll give that a go. Thankyou for responding, I was worried some people may take it as a troll attempt as it goes against a gamers natural instinct to "delete saves" which made me uncomfortable to begin with lol but I knew it was either give it a shot or wait for the disappointment to continue.

  4. #4
    Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Inside a rice-krispy treat
    Posts
    1,583
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sTokedRecon View Post
    Ok I'll give that a go. Thankyou for responding, I was worried some people may take it as a troll attempt as it goes against a gamers natural instinct to "delete saves" which made me uncomfortable to begin with lol but I knew it was either give it a shot or wait for the disappointment to continue.
    I almost missed your post because not many people inhabit this particular area. We'll all be waiting to see if this trick works

  5. #5
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    8,703
    Rep Power
    1
    Not sure why the OP would have posted this in the multiplayer meetup forum, but I moved it for them.

  6. #6
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    47
    Rep Power
    0
    Thankyou SylenThunder, I thought I was posting in xbox forum, then realized that it might be better off in console bug reports, even though it isnt exactly a bug it is still very helpful information.

  7. #7
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Let us know if this works. and by "us" I mean the comunity. We are all watching to see if this contenues to work.....no pressure. lol

    I will be doing this with my file on xbox one from now on and will post if base still wipes.

  8. #8
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    IT DOES NOT WORK. base still wiped.

  9. #9
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    NO point in playing this game if you can't make any progress. how about instead of putting out more content, you all stop waisting time adding extra stuff to the game, and focouse of the BIGGEST PROBLEM.

    I'm tierd of hearing "We are sorry this happend to you." No, your not. It's not just happening to me. It's happening to EVERYONE. "We are working on it." No you are not. It's been over a year. I bet if I went to check on your progress, you all would caught with your pants down. Crashes and base wipes are happening more frequintly than ever. So no. I don't think you guys are doing anything to fix it. What ever you are doing, is making it worce. The only thing that has changed is more content. More content=more problems. Fix THE MAIN ISSUE befor moving forward, or you won't have a fan base.

    Whatever you guys have to say. I don't want to hear it. I'm tierd of your lies and excuses. I don't believe a word any of you say anymore. I have lost all faith in your teams ability. Not only in your ability to fix the problem, but in everything. I will never again buy a product with your name on it. That is how badly your team has failed.

  10. #10
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by an Archangel View Post
    IT DOES NOT WORK. base still wiped.
    what day were you on?? Its been working for me so far.. I do it after every single crash tho.

  11. #11
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    640
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by an Archangel View Post
    NO point in playing this game if you can't make any progress. how about instead of putting out more content, you all stop waisting time adding extra stuff to the game, and focouse of the BIGGEST PROBLEM.

    I'm tierd of hearing "We are sorry this happend to you." No, your not. It's not just happening to me. It's happening to EVERYONE. "We are working on it." No you are not. It's been over a year. I bet if I went to check on your progress, you all would caught with your pants down. Crashes and base wipes are happening more frequintly than ever. So no. I don't think you guys are doing anything to fix it. What ever you are doing, is making it worce. The only thing that has changed is more content. More content=more problems. Fix THE MAIN ISSUE befor moving forward, or you won't have a fan base.

    Whatever you guys have to say. I don't want to hear it. I'm tierd of your lies and excuses. I don't believe a word any of you say anymore. I have lost all faith in your teams ability. Not only in your ability to fix the problem, but in everything. I will never again buy a product with your name on it. That is how badly your team has failed.
    go tell it micro soft there company policy on save file sizes is a huge contributor to the MD5 on console , not kiddin please if all you Xbox guys could flame Microsoft about there silly save file limitation maybe something might get done oh and please participate in the bug reporting processes that Md5 will never go away if more people don't start reporting properly i see only maybe 5 to 9 % of the people who have had MD5 are reporting them in the proper manner , so just be ware if your flaming about the MD5 and i look at your post history and you have not a single proper bug report your are part of the problem your lack of patient and communication is directly linked to the extremely long time it takes to fix the many different md5 triggers , so yeah cry about how mad you are because your base got wiped cry about how many hours looting you lost thats fine (a little childish and pansy but fine ) but don't for one freaking second BLAME TFP IG or TT for not caring and or not trying to fix these md5 if your not even trying to help them , so you can pat your self on the back cause your part of the reason these ERRORs are still here , id report them if got them but sadly i don't........ wait not "sadly" but i don't so i can't help , but you guys that get them once week tell us what the heck your doin to trigger it so we can try and get this sorted out , stop yelling at the guys that can't change microsoft company policy go tell microsoft how upset you re that game doesn't work because of their file size limitations , and help find the trigger for the MD5 instead of leaving a flaming turd of a post

  12. #12
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzabong View Post
    what day were you on?? Its been working for me so far.. I do it after every single crash tho.
    Day 18 and day 24. different maps. Did it after every crash.
    Last edited by an Archangel; 10-04-2017 at 10:56 AM.

  13. #13
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0
    Maybe if they didn't make it so hard to find the way to make a "propper report" they would have a lot more reports. so why haven't they? why not make a direct link on the main menu for the players to file a report like most other games? Simple answer. They don't want reports, because they don't want to fix the game.

    It's not Microsoft fault. The only one to blame is the team. Passing blame onto someone else do to there own failures just shows a lack of leadership. They need to take responsibility for there own inadequacies, and hire professional game testers. Instead of relying on players who don't know anything about programming or game design. I've played alpha and beta games before. Games with far better graphics, that were way more demanding on the system, with far less issues. including base wipe issues.

    Fixing and searching for the problems is the teams responsibility, not the players and not Microsoft.

  14. #14
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,680
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by an Archangel View Post
    Maybe if they didn't make it so hard to find the way to make a "propper report" they would have a lot more reports. so why haven't they? why not make a direct link on the main menu for the players to file a report like most other games? Simple answer. They don't want reports, because they don't want to fix the game.

    It's not Microsoft fault. The only one to blame is the team. Passing blame onto someone else do to there own failures just shows a lack of leadership. They need to take responsibility for there own inadequacies, and hire professional game testers. Instead of relying on players who don't know anything about programming or game design. I've played alpha and beta games before. Games with far better graphics, that were way more demanding on the system, with far less issues. including base wipe issues.

    Fixing and searching for the problems is the teams responsibility, not the players and not Microsoft.
    There is a link to the bug reports section on the main page of the forum. There is a sticky thread in the bug report section detailing how to make a bug report, including the format to use so that all the relevant information is included. It's easy enough to follow, but sadly people join up, rush in instead of checking the sticky and don't provide their details, then ignore the requests for more information - hard to fix the bug if they don't have all the facts. The more information they have, the faster things get fixed.

    They don't expect players to be bug testers either, but just like any other game forum, if a player notices a bug it's good sense to report it. You don't need to know anything about programming or game design, just explain what is happening/should be happening but isn't. The team can then investigate and fixes are forthcoming. Of course, the MD5 is a major issue, mostly on Xbox, but they are working on it. This is why reporting is so important - report the bugs, reduce the crashes and there'll be less MD5s.

  15. #15
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    under your bed
    Posts
    640
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by an Archangel View Post
    Maybe if they didn't make it so hard to find the way to make a "propper report" they would have a lot more reports. so why haven't they? why not make a direct link on the main menu for the players to file a report like most other games? Simple answer. They don't want reports, because they don't want to fix the game.

    It's not Microsoft fault. The only one to blame is the team. Passing blame onto someone else do to there own failures just shows a lack of leadership. They need to take responsibility for there own inadequacies, and hire professional game testers. Instead of relying on players who don't know anything about programming or game design. I've played alpha and beta games before. Games with far better graphics, that were way more demanding on the system, with far less issues. including base wipe issues.

    Fixing and searching for the problems is the teams responsibility, not the players and not Microsoft.
    ok dude Microsoft has cut the teams legs off by Makeing the SAVE FILE so freaking TINY , in fact i can trace most of the MD5 Issue to micoCox policies on save game file sizes and not to mention the POOP RAM that the OG XB1 has the RAM is almost half the speed of the PS4
    that also adds to the issue's on the XBOX in fact IF some how none of this was XBOX 's fualt and it was all the LAZY TEAMS fault . Why then does the game run like a DREAM on the Playstation? compared to the XBOX , Cause simple logic would dictate that if all this was the LAZY TEAMS fault the game would SUCK ON BOTH CONSOLES ..... or maybe the DEV team is a SONY FAN BOY .... NO your the only FAN BOY HERE coming to microsoft defense like they're your bullied younger brother . Lack of leadership is at Microsoft i have friends that work there , and they'll tell you it is a convoluted mess of miscommunication on the daily , i don't where you guys got in your head that MIcrosoft is some magical company that can do no wrong , but they are money grubbing bastard more than the fun pimp they are the one the sold you a game console that can barely handle the games marketed for it and make no changes to there company policies to help rectify the situation .
    Last edited by Jon Dillinger; 10-04-2017 at 08:42 PM. Reason: HEMP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •