Thread: Help removing Particle emitters

Reconstructionist 4sheetzngeegles's Avatar

Question Help removing Particle emitters

Please advise:
    I wish to remove the Particle emitters from my game.
    They are
    <ParticleEffect prefab="ParticleEffects/p_snowstorm1" ChunkMargin="7"/>
    <ParticleEffect prefab="ParticleEffects/p_sandstorm" ChunkMargin="7"/>
    <ParticleEffect prefab="ParticleEffects/p_smokestorm" ChunkMargin="7"/>

I have attempted to comment them out in notepad++, this yields an error and stops game load. I zeroed all references in biomes.xml but they still continue to function.

I then changed the variable from 7 to 0 this made visibility nill " peasoup fog bank" and ran at 3fps.

Next i raised it to 1000 blocks dispersion this thinned the effect but continued to emit. I verified this by changing the emitter reference to RadiatedParticlesOnMesh" param1="SetShapeToMesh0"/> this made the emitter visible as a glowing orb still pulsating, center of city, as i approach ram quickly raises and fps drops.

When commented out they are still referenced as a prefab called from the asset bundle. I play single player/offline/windows and like the game in itself. The freedom you provided with the xml has allowed me to sculpt a world of my own, flat terrain, extended cities average 1 per 1.5 regions, full POI residents including some of your dev and nav prefabs, but I find this one is a bit above ability Working within the vanilla structure.

Please advise how i may remove, as ive tested i saw my basic Fps move from high 50,s to 120 constantly. No exaggeration. The Ram usage dropped 20-30%, which allowed me to increase detail and view the true textures.

Thanks in advance

included is a basic picture http://i.imgur.com/Qs0DYh4.jpg
    Last edited by 4sheetzngeegles; 07-25-2017 at 07:44 AM. Reason: update with picture

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    I swear someone posted how to do this in one of the experimental builds, but I can't find it right now. I'll keep hunting.

Thanks SylenThunder
    I think the Thread was "Removing smoke". Luckystar said to comment them out or remove them. That was the first thing i did. It causes a repeated error and no longer loads. Any thing that i see as extra or not used I first remove it to see the alterations, then if unacceptable i edit the values. The reason I want to remove them is because when you enter their sphere of influence, they are still idling, as a temp resolution i tried using static block replacement, but that cause error also. nest conna try using air block. is invisible and no basic animation.

Hunter
    change the variable to 14 or 21 or 28 for less

I am assuming what is happening here is that a particle storm is generated every 7 chunk which is 16 block cubed but the storm itself spans im guessing 4 chunks wide. thus causing them to overlap and create a complete atmospheric effect. So by changing it to 14 you will have 50% less particle storms ... Im not sure you can turn them off.. or how high you can displace them. Try 210 theortically you should rarely ever see a storm then.

I've tried the numeric variation up to 1000, that made it look like simple haze. But the actual problem is that when made visible,to see pattern the fields are so expansive in every location that they effect the load like a highly detailed forest. I keep my taskmanager open while i play to see load variations, this lets me know what orwhere to make an adjustment for consistent play.

Please close, I received answer via PM from Luckystar
    thank you

Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    h no, now we want to know what the answer was!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    h no, now we want to know what the answer was!!!
    You can comment them out he must have done a boo boo when trying it before. I've done a total rework of the biomes weather, particles and spectrums and even added a new particle effect.

Like I said probably just a boo boo or something.
    Last edited by Tin; 07-29-2017 at 05:57 PM.

Luckystar said they are hard coded now. Before it was <block id="1368" name="snowstorm1"> <block id="1371" name="sandstorm"> and <block id="1372" name="smokestorm">
    I attempted to comment them out, and received an error regarding call to Prefab. So i also finally replaced it with another emitter but I wanted to remove them because I was trying to balance the overhead I created by my edits. In the end I just bought 16gig.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sheetzngeegles View Post
    Luckystar said they are hard coded now. Before it was <block id="1368" name="snowstorm1"> <block id="1371" name="sandstorm"> and <block id="1372" name="smokestorm">
    I attempted to comment them out, and received an error regarding call to Prefab. So i also finally replaced it with another emitter but I wanted to remove them because I was trying to balance the overhead I created by my edits. In the end I just bought 16gig.
    Nope he's mistaken a touch but is right about them no longer being in the blocks.
    Attachment 21991 No snowstorm1 particle effects.

Segment of my biomes.xml that I just commented out the snowstorm effect for the image.

Code:
    <biome name="snow" biomemapcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <weather>
    	<Temperature min="-90" max="-90" prob="0"/>
    	<Fog min="0" max="5" prob="0.15"/>
    	<Fog min="0" max="0" prob="0.25"/>
    	<!-- Cloud Density *Must be above 60 to Rain* -->
    	<CloudThickness min="70" max="100" prob="0.25"/>
    	<CloudThickness min="50" max="70" prob="0.25"/>
    	<CloudThickness min="25" max="50" prob="0.25"/>
    	<CloudThickness min="0" max="25" prob="0.25"/>
    	<!-- Rain Density -->
    	<Precipitation min="100" max="100" prob="0.2"/>
    	<Precipitation min="50" max="75" prob="0.2"/>
    	<Precipitation min="25" max="50" prob="0.2"/>
    	<Precipitation min="0" max="25" prob="0.2"/>
    	<Precipitation min="0" max="0" prob="0.2"/>
    	<!-- Wind spd -->
    	<Wind min="75" max="100" prob="0.25"/>
    	<Wind min="50" max="75" prob="0.25"/>
    	<Wind min="25" max="50" prob="0.25"/>
    	<Wind min="25" max="50" prob="0.25"/>
    	<!--<ParticleEffect prefab="ParticleEffects/p_snowstorm1" ChunkMargin="14"/>--> 
    </weather>
    If you want d/l my biomes.xml https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...l=1#post692493
    Too see how I set it up to add or delete them.

Not removed but Moved

Tested multiple times, the snow emitter is the only one that would stop for me. So i used logic if i couldn't Block them out, but I needed them removed. I moved all three to the radiated zone, I can't go there yet anyway. After re-render my FPS is better. Now I can see my cities without smoke and haze. I left the general atmosphere alone in the burnt forest because without the emitters is not as taxing on my computer.

Thanks for the suggestions, but in the end it doesn't matter which path you take as long as you get there