Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ziplines. Why isn't it already in yet?

Ziplines. Why isn't it already in yet?

I mean- i COULD SWEAR i once watched a vid of MM gliding down a hill with that pre experimental zipline.
    And it didnt seem to have any bugs the few times he rode on it.
    So why isn't in already?
    What were the issues it caused?

On a sidenote, i saw somewhere mentioned by roland Electricity 2.0- what is meant by that?

Survivor
    Roland didn't grovel hard enough.

Yeah so looking forward to ziplines!!! Being able to zip out of base, or into base and between buildings...from the skyscraper and down ...

Maybe it's got to do with the distance? Ie, not like the 10 or so distance for electrical wires, but potentially hundreds across multiple chunks ... which has to be handled in some way even if it's not loaded.

Not to mention even hooking it up :P

But do look forward to it!!

/Vedui - Tutorial: Dedicated Server for 7 Days To Die

Well to hooking it up i would either use the wireing system
    OR
    the complicated way with a Harpoongun which you need to hook up on one point besides you and shoot on a block further away.

I dont know how SI should be involved though

I would love a motorized hook as an advanced option to get it with electricity involved and being able to get zipped upwards

Now chunks could really pose a problem, but why shouldnt the rope be seen as one big block, that gets loaded as soon as one end is inside your immediate area?

Quote Originally Posted by Vedui View Post
    Yeah so looking forward to ziplines!!! Being able to zip out of base, or into base and between buildings...from the skyscraper and down ...

Maybe it's got to do with the distance? Ie, not like the 10 or so distance for electrical wires, but potentially hundreds across multiple chunks ... which has to be handled in some way even if it's not loaded.

Not to mention even hooking it up :P

But do look forward to it!!

/Vedui - Tutorial: Dedicated Server for 7 Days To Die
    You seem to forget you'd need to run a line from the ground to the top of the building, how would you do that unless you climbed the side of it, that might be why its not in. You know how heavy a zipline wire would be to carry from the ground to the top of a skyscraper? Its not light wire its actually pretty heavy. What they could do is let you make rope into a grappling hook you can attach to the roof of something and slide down the rope.

Quote Originally Posted by Siveria View Post
    You seem to forget you'd need to run a line from the ground to the top of the building, how would you do that unless you climbed the side of it, that might be why its not in. You know how heavy a zipline wire would be to carry from the ground to the top of a skyscraper? Its not light wire its actually pretty heavy. What they could do is let you make rope into a grappling hook you can attach to the roof of something and slide down the rope.
    You seem to forget that one can start off from the building by wood framing up and then just wood frames down to the location one wants to zip to.
    Also. We can carry tons of metal, rocks, and sand in our inventory dont argument with reality. Games can be illogical to become fun. I would almost always trade fun with lesser reality

Refugee
    So ziplines is remove from schedule. I would really like to know why?! Behemoths I get but ziplines? I was really looking forward to those!!!

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luzifer View Post
    And it didnt seem to have any bugs the few times he rode on it.
    Ah, the sign of a seasoned video maker!

Edit: Also,
    Why-not-ziplines.jpg
    Last edited by Crater Creator; 1 Week Ago at 12:03 PM.

most of what he shows in his videos is while he is using the unity editor.

Tracker
    Why are they not in? Probably because on the list of 1,000 things the devs need/want to do to make this game more fantastic, ranked in descending order in terms of really improving game play this is item #987.

Zombie Hunter
    I know we are here in a forum for a zombie game.
    That doesn't mean, that you need to necro 7 month old threads ;P

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Short answer: Because Roland is not a closer. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Short answer: Because Roland is not a closer. =)
    What if we remove the C?

MadMole the people want ziplines!! How about a change of mind?

I want to point out that I have always been a proponent of ziplines and NOT of grappling hook guns. What I wanted was to be able to build zipline structures as part of base design and fast travel across chasms, rivers, etc. and not gain the gift of instant flight...

When Madmole said that ziplines would make the game too easy it seems like he was thinking grappling hook gun or arrow with rope attached instant ziplines....

It's too bad. I think the uses for actual ziplines that you have to setup ahead of time could be amazing and as long as we aren't going to "Just Cause" levels of instant ziplines and grappling hooks it wouldn't be OP.

Both Rick and Joel were really excited about ziplines at one point so maybe they will revisit it once the pressure of finishing the promised features as a complete game is gone-- or perhaps they will include it in the sequel at least whenever my great grand kids will be able to get their hands on it.