Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ziplines. Why isn't it already in yet?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    I want to point out that I have always been a proponent of ziplines and NOT of grappling hook guns. What I wanted was to be able to build zipline structures as part of base design and fast travel across chasms, rivers, etc. and not gain the gift of instant flight...

When Madmole said that ziplines would make the game too easy it seems like he was thinking grappling hook gun or arrow with rope attached instant ziplines....

It's too bad. I think the uses for actual ziplines that you have to setup ahead of time could be amazing and as long as we aren't going to "Just Cause" levels of instant ziplines and grappling hooks it wouldn't be OP.

Both Rick and Joel were really excited about ziplines at one point so maybe they will revisit it once the pressure of finishing the promised features as a complete game is gone-- or perhaps they will include it in the sequel at least whenever my great grand kids will be able to get their hands on it.
    Really, i dont need to flame with you, but ALL you have wrote is for me insignificant and out of topic. The problem is only one: Have i the permission to criticize what in my opinion IS aesthetically a failure in this game or as soon as i express this opinion someone like you appears to give me lesson on what is aesthetical and what is not, and on what is the true sense of life? Really, your post bored me. If i m a free person, Pimps must accept also those who hard criticize one aspect or the other of their creation...i dont need your lessons. Like i said, zombies in this game are really bad drawn down! They are not zombies to my eyes...they just make me think to many other games in wich zombies are, on the opposite, really well drawn down and really scaring. And i think they ruins the atmosphere and the involvement of this game, making it much less scary. Ok? You don t need to have my same persuasion and/or opinion about this matter, and i dont care, really! Salutations

(Sorry, but that post was too funny NOT to re-post!)

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Really, i dont need to flame with you, but ALL you have wrote is for me insignificant and out of topic. The problem is only one: Have i the permission to criticize what in my opinion IS aesthetically a failure in this game or as soon as i express this opinion someone like you appears to give me lesson on what is aesthetical and what is not, and on what is the true sense of life? Really, your post bored me. If i m a free person, Pimps must accept also those who hard criticize one aspect or the other of their creation...i dont need your lessons. Like i said, zombies in this game are really bad drawn down! They are not zombies to my eyes...they just make me think to many other games in wich zombies are, on the opposite, really well drawn down and really scaring. And i think they ruins the atmosphere and the involvement of this game, making it much less scary. Ok? You don t need to have my same persuasion and/or opinion about this matter, and i dont care, really! Salutations

You had me going for a bit there... but I kept thinking maybe you had a mini stroke and the drool was shorting out your keyboard.

Yeah I was thinking that too...
    Though he did do that thing, with the small letters in the end. I just don't really get that part...

Captain Kangaroo says: "No...but that'd be fine as a mod".

-Morloc

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
    I would, if I still had my favorite banjo. The creepy little girl that stole it from my 8 year old hands is GOING TO PAY, I TELL YOU... SHE WILL PAY!

No, but I really was looking far, even when I'd decided using anyone more, more or less go to do.

-Morloc

Ranger
    Zip lines are cool, but seems mostly a fun thing and not very needed. Just think about real life and even in the apocalypse, you wouldn't really be setting up zip lines as a means of travel. Zip lines are just a fun activity, like skipping rope that does not really contribute to survival aspects.
    So I have to disagree with the posters saying the "community" wants this. A few people want this.

There is much higher priority needs such as breeding bunnies, Schwan delivery trucks and the ability to whistle.

Quote Originally Posted by fragtzack View Post
    Zip lines are cool, but seems mostly a fun thing and not very needed.
    If we could hook zombie rag-dolling corpses to zip lines in rapid succession then we could make some crazy cool videos. Therefore I consider them essential.

Quote Originally Posted by fragtzack View Post
    Zip lines are cool, but seems mostly a fun thing and not very needed. Just think about real life and even in the apocalypse, you wouldn't really be setting up zip lines as a means of travel. Zip lines are just a fun activity, like skipping rope that does not really contribute to survival aspects.
    First of all the company name is The Fun Pimps and not The Needed Pimps.

Secondly, ziplines might be for fun and diversion for those of us enjoying a First World life but they are ALSO a means of travel.

Skipping Rope = Ziplining? Try skipping rope across a river and then try ziplining across a river and see how effective your fun activity is compared to my fun activity. Ziplining might be fun for us but for someone in a survival situation a zipline would be extremely useful and I can't imagine any survivor looking at one and thinking, "Hmmm those things are just for fun so I'm going to swim across the river instead..."

So I have to disagree with the posters saying the "community" wants this. A few people want this.
    I make no claims the "community" wants this but you also don't have to answer all the angry emails that continue to come in about its removal so who's to say?

There is much higher priority needs such as breeding bunnies, Schwan delivery trucks and the ability to whistle.
    Well, that's why ziplines were dropped and those things picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    ... I can't imagine any survivor looking at one and thinking, "Hmmm those things are just for fun so I'm going to swim across the river instead..."
    This gives me a great idea! Once the Zapoc hits, I'm going to set up a whole bunch of zip lines. They won't actually work for various reasons, but they seem to be guaranteed to lure unsuspecting goofballs directly to specific locations where I can pillage (or perhaps eat) them.

Leaving a trail of jelly beans to a cage propped up with a stick is too yesterday...but conveniently placed cables?...muhuhahhaha!!!

Thanks for the gumball Mickey!

8)

-Morloc

Refugee
    Wow. Some of you really love to go off topic. So I just wanted to say: I think a grapling hook is more something for a batman game. The ability to place a robust rope from one point to another is really useful for a survivor. I was thinking more of a line from one building to another across the street. It is an effective escape route. That was my thinking. To cross a river, you need a whole other construction. A river is far wider than a street in most cases so you would need some kind of machine that tensions the line for someone to even be able to slide across it. For rivers an old western rope ferry construction is far more realistic.

I am all about realism, not fun. The fun comes along the way. Btw (and in the spirit of off-topicing) its extremely unrealistic for zombies to just appear in a room after scanning it entrance to entrance beforehand. The sleeper system needs an overhaul too.

Anyway. Thanks Roland for your responses. It really feels interactive in this forum. Appreciate it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inzST4EDxgc

Have to agree with Cartman on that.

Did you have a stroke when you typed this? Praying for quick recovery...