Thread: Minibike parts duplication replacing hotbar items (XB1) (Multiplayer)

Refugee

Minibike parts duplication replacing hotbar items (XB1) (Multiplayer)

Hotbar items will glitch out, and even when you have an item selected you will appear to be holding nothing in your hands and cannot use the item or do anything with it. If you quit the game and join back your entire hotbar will be replaced with empty spaces and duplicate parts of the last minibike you rode (same quality and durability and same level of damaged).

The time it happened to me, I had joined a friends server and was on a minibike when the hourly crash came around. When I loaded back in after he relaunched the game, my invintory bar looked normal, but no matter what I switched to it looked like I was holding nothing and I couldn't even punch or use anything. I logged out and joined back and my entire hotbar had been replaced by duplicate minibike parts, all my food, water, weapons and aid on the hotbar had been replaced and were just gone.

When it happened to my friend, I was hosting the server, he had joined and was on a minibike. He got off the minibike and a short while later noticed his hotbar was glitched out (exact same way mine was in the above paragraph). I quit the game manually and closed it for a full reset (A crash was due in the next few minutes anyway). When it loaded back up his hotbar had also been replaced by duplicate minibike parts of the last bike he rode, all the 600 quality stuff we had painstakingly acquired that was in his hotbar was just gone, replaced by crappy minibike parts.

In both cases we have experienced this, the player that got "glitched out" was not the host of the world. Both cases occurred after getting off a minibike (once by being forced off by a crash, the other normally). Both cases your items appeared to be there but you would be holding nothing when you selected them and couldn't use them, and rejoining the game back caused your items to be replaced with duplicate minibike parts.

It has only happened those 2 times in about 50+ hours of gameplay with minibikes, so it's kinda rare, but when it does happen it really sucks because you lose all your best weapons you use. I don't know why it happened those 2 times and not other times that we get off minibikes or other times the game crashes when we're on minibikes, because as far as I can recall nothing was different, it just seems to have been random.

Refugee

Minibike parts duplication replacing hotbar items (XB1) (Multiplayer)

So, what's happening is, rarely after getting off a minibike (either by normal means, or by the game crashing and having to reload) the items in your hotbar will glitch out. You will still be able to see their symbols and they all look normal, but when you switch to them you will have nothing in your hand and will be unable to use them. If you leave the game and come back to fix it, if the game crashes while it's bugged out, or if the host ends the session, then next time you load in all your hotbar items will be gone and will have been replaced by exact duplicate parts (same quality/duribility/damaged levels) of the last minibike you were riding.

I have only seen this bug happen twice in about 50+ hours of gameplay, but it's very annoying to lose quality 600 shotguns and magnums to be replaced by minibike junk. Both times we've had this happen, it was to a player that was not the host of the world.

The first time it happened to me, the game had its hourly crash while I was on a minibike. When I loaded back in, my hotbar was glitched out and no matter what I equipped my hands looked empty, I couldn't even punch with empty hands though. I left the game and rejoined to try to fix it, and everything in my hotbar had been replaced with duplicate minibike parts.

It happened once to one of my friends too. A short while after getting off his minibike normally, he noticed that his hotbar items were bugged out and he couldn't equip or use them. The host closed the game because the hourly crash was due in the next few minutes, and when my friend rejoined after the world was relaunched, all his hotbar items were replaced with duplicate minibike parts of the last bike he rode.

We've had this issue before and after the latest hotfix/patch, but had never had this issue before the last major update.

Edit: As far as I could tell, when it glitched out, nothing seemed different from the hundreds of other times we got off minibikes, or from the dozens of other times it crashed while on a minibike. I cannot identify anything specific that might have caused it specifically those two times and it sems to have been random.
    Last edited by CLASSlCS; 08-08-2017 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Additional information was added

Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    2 thoughts. 1, do you make sure to fully stop every time before you get off the bike (Use X or A for handbrake)? 2, you should make an entirely new bike. I had this happening and couldn't even destroy the bike. We buried it and built a new one with no problems after

I had this happen when i jumped out of a window onto my bike spamming E as I fell. Vanilla MP dedi server at the time

Console Community Manager Clare's Avatar
    Hi CLASSICS,

Thank you for your detailed report on how this occurs for you. While some other players have reported this, you've included some vital steps I had not seen mentioned before. I understand how frustrating loosing such high level items can be, and for that I am sorry.

Can you please tell me if when riding the minibike you hop off before it stops at all?
    When you said one incident occurred without the crash, did the player hop off the bike to find their inventory glitched instantly? How did they hop off? How long were they riding for before hand?
    I would also appreciate the settings of the saves if you have them. You can use the guide to help you - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...BEFORE-posting

Thank you again,
    Clare
    Last edited by Clare; 08-08-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Merged two posts, please be careful of double posting when you're new to the forums ^_^

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Merged two posts, please be careful of double posting when you're new to the forums ^_^
    Sorry about that, I tried to post the first time, but nothing showed up for several hours, whereas any other posts I've made appeared immediately upon clicking submit. I had no idea the first one actually posted/existed, I thought there was an error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clare View Post
    Hi CLASSICS,

Thank you for your detailed report on how this occurs for you. While some other players have reported this, you've included some vital steps I had not seen mentioned before. I understand how frustrating loosing such high level items can be, and for that I am sorry.

Can you please tell me if when riding the minibike you hop off before it stops at all?
    When you said one incident occurred without the crash, did the player hop off the bike to find their inventory glitched instantly? How did they hop off? How long were they riding for before hand?
    I would also appreciate the settings of the saves if you have them. You can use the guide to help you - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...BEFORE-posting

Thank you again,
    Clare
    Game Type: Survival Multiplayer
    Map Type: Navezgane / Random
    Disk or Digital: Digital
    Save Name: With Evan / (I don't know the name of the other one)
    DLC: None
    Character: Charlotte
    Difficulty: Survivalist / Nomad
    Run: Default
    Aggression: Default
    Day length: 16 / 18
    Drop On Death: Everything
    Enemy memory: 60
    Enemy Spawning: Very High / default
    Block durability: default
    Loot respawn time: 5 days
    Loot abundance: 100% / 200%
    Airdrops: 24 hour
    24 hour cycle: 2 hours / 1 hour
    (Anywhere where there is a / between 2 settings indicates it has happened on both those settings)

The time when the issue occurred without crashing. We were riding the minibikes back from a looting run to gravestown (so we had been opening and closing their inventories several times to manage what items we were keeping). We rode about 2/3 of the way to perishtown (to the 5 square brick buildings between crack-a-book and trader joels), so we were riding for a few minutes, maybe 5ish, idk exactly. We got off our bikes, his was coming to a rolling stop (still coasting forward, but not under acceleration). We sorted our loot into chests, opening and closing several chests and the minibike inventories a couple times. He then got some gas from a chest inside and refilled his minibike, from the inventory tab, not from the command wheel that appears when you hold y on a bike. It was immediately after filling the gas that he noticed his hotbar items were glitched out. He could see the items but not use them/equip them, looked like he was holding nothing. The game was then closed by the host and when he joined back in later his hotbar was replaced by bike parts. The last time we can confirm with 100% certainty that his hotbar was not glitched out was before we got on the bikes and left gravestown, so it could have occurred anywhere between there and filling the gas, but we highly suspect it occurred as soon as he dismounted the bike.

The time my hotbar glitched out after a crash, I had only been riding the bike for a minute or so before the crash. I had not opened the bikes inventory or refueled it recently. And the bike was under acceleration when the game crashed (and presumably also at the point where the game last saved before the crash). My inventory was glitched out immediately upon joining back and being kicked off the bike. I had not opened any containers. At this point I could see my items in the hotbar and not use them, looked like I was holding nothing. It was not until I exited the game and rejoined again that they turned into bike parts. The last time I could confirm my items were not glitched out was before mounting the bike, before the game crash.

One clarification, when I say "holding nothing" I don't meen like having just your fists out, I mean it looks like your holding seeds or a bag or something, but instead there's nothing there, like you're actually holding one piece of nothing, or something invisible.

Please let me know if there's any other information you can think of that may help, or anything here that could use better clarification. I will update this thread if I discover anything new that could possibly be related.
    Last edited by CLASSlCS; 08-08-2017 at 11:04 PM. Reason: Added a few more details and better clarification

Thank you so much for you detailed description of the issue CLASSICS, I really appreciate you taking the time to write it out. I have sent your details on to the team so they can try using your descriptions to reproduce the issue and test any fixes they may have.

Clare

Refugee
    Update:

The issue has occurred again. My friend took a short trip on the minibike (under a minute) and his hotbar was glitched out again when he got off. It was a different minibike, we disassembled the previous one that had glitched out and reassembled a new one. The y button was only pressed once for mounting and dismounting, not spammed or anything. The minibike's inventory was not used in close timing to the issue this time. We do believe that both times this happened to him he had used the headlight during the minibike trip. The minibike was under reverse acceleration when he dismounted. This time the issue was noticed as soon as he dismounted the minibike.

We did notice something interesting about it this time, it is actually possible to save your hotbar items from being destroyed. If, as soon as you notice your hotbar glitching out, you place all your hotbar items in your inventory or a chest before you quit/crash, then they will still be there after the minibike parts dupe into your hotbar upon rejoining. This means that, after the hotbar glitches out, the items are still there and aren't just ghosts, in a manner of speaking. When he logged back in, he still had parts that duped into his hotbar, but because he moved everything off his hotbar and into his inventory, no items were replaced/lost. If nothing else it's a workaround that may save some people some frustration.

After you clear your hotbar, it still looks like you're "holding nothing" and you can't punch with any of the empty slots.

Thank you for your updates CLASSICS and the workaround, I shall add this to the confirmed post.

When this happened to your friend, did he hop off when the bike is moving, or did he left it come to a complete stop this time. Previous versions of this bug have shown a link to this issues, especially if the players were going at speed and witnessed a slingshot effect with the bike.

Refugee
    The bike was still moving. He had the control stick pulled backwards (using reverse to try to slow down), but says the bike was still moving when he hopped off. He doesn't remember any slingshot effect or rubberbanding happening.

Also, both times this has happened, it has been just a few minutes before the game was going to crash. As the game approaches a crash it starts to lag more and run choppy. So maybe that little bit of extra struggle/load on the xbox helps cause this to happen, idk.
    Last edited by CLASSlCS; 08-14-2017 at 07:23 PM.

Community Moderator MutilatorJuice's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CLASSlCS View Post
    The bike was still moving. He had the control stick pulled backwards (using reverse to try to slow down), but says the bike was still moving when he hopped off. He doesn't remember any slingshot effect or rubberbanding happening.

Also, both times this has happened, it has been just a few minutes before the game was going to crash. As the game approaches a crash it starts to lag more and run choppy. So maybe that little bit of extra struggle/load on the xbox helps cause this to happen, idk.
    Use the handbrakes guys. I mentioned it above 6 days ago. It really does help with preventing this issue. It only seems to occur if the bike is in motion when dismounting.