Thread: Showing traders on map?

Survivor

Showing traders on map?

Is there any console command which shows alle the tarders on the map (even if the area isn't explored yet)?

I know, you can see it on the editor tool, but navigating on the editor map is a real pain at the moment (TFP needs to make it more comfortable, if they have time for it). I have made a screenshot of my seed, but I can't identify any of the buildings there (scrolled out to the max).

No

The closest you will find is:

Code:
    givequest quest_whiteRiverCitizen1
    Which will give you the newbie quest to find the nearest trader. If the nearest trader to you is one you've already found it will still point you to that one.

Survivor
    Okay, thank you

There is an edit you can do, I use it to test my street layout.

First zip a copy of your rwgmixer.xml. in your editor just comment out the prefabs but leave the line that says group. example <prefab name="abandoned_house_01" max_count="1"/>.

last do not comment out the <prefab name="settlement_trader_01"/> - 05 or this one <prefab rule="traderGroup" prob="0.49"/>. Render your map will show terrain, streets, and traders. also will render fast with low memory because its not loading. the prefabs

Its also a good way to test seed city layout more quickly. If you want to see a specific POI like a bunker just uncomment it alone to see if they are there.
    Last edited by 4sheetzngeegles; 08-11-2017 at 01:29 AM. Reason: clean up

you can use my api mod to get a list of all prefabs in the hcd files (bc-lhcd) but you will need to run a dedi for it. If playing SP you can still run the dedi for that command and save the output for later reference then shut down the server again

http://oz.nz:8082 uses the data from that command to generate the coords for map markers of the trader locations on the web map.

Refugee
    i hope the devs implement some options in the editor for highlight not only the traders but every poi