Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 53

Thread: #lostbike Player Minibike Recovery Mod. Dedicated Servers Only.

  1. #1
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    #lostbike Player Minibike Recovery Mod. Dedicated Servers Only.

    Here is a quick little mod that gives players the ability to recover their lost minibikes. If your cruising down the road and bam your bike gets stuck in the ground, you type #lostbike and the bike will be moved to you.

    No more digging giant pits to find the bikes, or running around listening close for the engine clunking sound.

    This has been one of my biggest peeves of playing online. It's actually so simple I can't believe it's not been done before.

    This has been tested out for the last few days on one of the busiest (and best) servers, 7 Days to Shides. Massive thanks to MrShides for going along with this. If you want to see a demo jump in to that server and find me, I'll show you it in action.

    A couple rules to this of course. The minibike has to have a pad lock, you don't really own the bike till it does, and you have to be in the general area (chunk) that the bike went missing in. No it won't teleport your bike back to you from the other side of the world. You can go back to area's that you lost a bike in the past and try it. On our server some guys have recovered 5 to 8 of their lost bikes. Sometimes the bike is dead so you won't get anything, most of the time it will get your bike back.

    The 2nd benefit of this mod is for the server owner/operators, it really helps keeping the server cleaned up of bikes stuck in the ground or air. Which means less load on the server.

    The mod is attached to this post, just unzip it and put it in your mods folder. It works right along with Alloc's, Coppi, and BCManager. Huge credit to those guys for leading the way and showing how modding is done!

    If you have any questions post them here


    UPDATED:

    Added Server command. Usage for the server command is lostbike <steam id/player name/entity id>.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Muratus; 08-16-2017 at 01:58 PM.

  2. #2
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    95
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks tested and working!

  3. #3
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NL - Tilburg
    Posts
    709
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mrshides View Post
    Thanks tested and working!
    Headsup: this will break as soon as chatmsg suppressing mods are in effect. For example chatplayercolouring from coppis or admin colouring from servertools etc.

    Cheers

  4. #4
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Prisma501 View Post
    Headsup: this will break as soon as chatmsg suppressing mods are in effect. For example chatplayercolouring from coppis or admin colouring from servertools etc.

    Cheers
    I saw that, they break each other also.

    Kinda the problem with how mods are done in general. This is a pretty simple mod that like I said surprised no one had done it. It was mostly done for our server, where we really like riding bikes but hate loosing them.

  5. #5
    Inventor wolverine576's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    0
    This looks promising...keeping an eye on it

  6. #6
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks it works perfect :-)
    could you please add the posibilty to use a console command instead of the chat?
    Last edited by gottx; 08-14-2017 at 09:48 AM.

  7. #7
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gottx View Post
    Thanks it works perfect :-)
    could you please add the posibilty to use a console command instead of the chat?
    Yea, I thought about doing that. It would allow server manager programs to handle the request from players. I was also debating a option for a Admin to be able to override the owner and do a bike clean up.

  8. #8
    Inventor wolverine576's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    874
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Muratus View Post
    Yea, I thought about doing that. It would allow server manager programs to handle the request from players. I was also debating a option for a Admin to be able to override the owner and do a bike clean up.
    YES!

  9. #9
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NL - Tilburg
    Posts
    709
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muratus View Post
    Yea, I thought about doing that. It would allow server manager programs to handle the request from players. I was also debating a option for a Admin to be able to override the owner and do a bike clean up.
    For optimal usage do look at the visitmap code from the pimps. You can make void to load up a predefined area of chunks and check for bikes as they are only found by your code when the chunk the bike is on is loaded.

    Cheers

  10. #10
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by gottx View Post
    Thanks it works perfect :-)
    could you please add the posibilty to use a console command instead of the chat?
    Ask and you shall receive.

    Here is the updated with the server command added. Usage for the server command is lostbike <steam id/player name/entity id>.

    Now the server manager programs can activate it. Everything works the same. Hadn't decided on a admin bike clean up option yet, kinda debate that one.

    It's attached here and I'll update the OP.

    Quote Originally Posted by Prisma501 View Post
    For optimal usage do look at the visitmap code from the pimps. You can make void to load up a predefined area of chunks and check for bikes as they are only found by your code when the chunk the bike is on is loaded.

    Cheers
    I thought about that also, I like that they have to be there in the general area the bike was lost. I could see someone dying then doing lost bike to get their bike back from the other side of the world. They should have to walk. lol
    Attached Files Attached Files

  11. #11
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    NL - Tilburg
    Posts
    709
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Muratus View Post
    Ask and you shall receive.

    Here is the updated with the server command added. Usage for the server command is lostbike <steam id/player name/entity id>.

    Now the server manager programs can activate it. Everything works the same. Hadn't decided on a admin bike clean up option yet, kinda debate that one.

    It's attached here and I'll update the OP.



    I thought about that also, I like that they have to be there in the general area the bike was lost. I could see someone dying then doing lost bike to get their bike back from the other side of the world. They should have to walk. lol
    Of course the players would have to walk!! I was talking about your idea to make an admin override for ownership and clean map up (if needed). When you build in chunkloading the admin doesnt have to be ingame to do cleanups ^^

    Cheers
    Last edited by Prisma501; 08-15-2017 at 05:14 PM.

  12. #12
    Refugee
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Nice mod!!! But....

    Very effective in pve servers, but in server pvp is little malicious.
    In pvp you do not give the possibility of stealing the minibike and items.
    I would put a delay of 5 min so that the loser of the pvp does not teleport his minibike.

    Good work!

    Soz, bad eng ;-)

  13. #13
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SpTeNn View Post
    Nice mod!!! But....

    Very effective in pve servers, but in server pvp is little malicious.
    In pvp you do not give the possibility of stealing the minibike and items.
    I would put a delay of 5 min so that the loser of the pvp does not teleport his minibike.

    Good work!

    Soz, bad eng ;-)
    Interesting. I had not really thought about PVE or PVP when I did this. Now they can't get on the bike and teleport away. It's not a teleport function (on purpose), it's just a basic set position. And it moves the bike to where the owner is. It shouldn't move if the owner is on it. Now if the owner was in the same chunk and he just got his butt whipped in a PVP battle, he could move the bike away from the other party.

  14. #14
    Refugee war4head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks Muratus on this mod.

  15. #15
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    21
    Rep Power
    0
    Thanks for the update :-)
    but the console command has one bug..
    i can use the command to move the bike of an other player to his location :-D
    i stand behind the bike from a player named guty, i typed in "lostbike guty" and the bike moved to him.
    Can you please fix it? So that only you can move your bike? like in the chat command?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •