Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 106

Thread: Creating and Exporting Models from Unity for use in 7D2D

  1. #1
    Community Moderator xyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,793
    Rep Power
    1

    Creating and Exporting Models from Unity for use in 7D2D

    Moving the topic from an old thread to this new one. Eventually we will have a master thread discussing the entire process, from using tools like blender to create models, to using SDX 7 to import the models and other modifications into 7d2d.

    Here are the links you will need to get started using Unity 5.3.8p2, which is the latest version that will work for this purpose.

    Things you will need to follow along with the videos (note that the video talks about old version of unity but it is the same process):

    Unity 2018.2: https://unity3d.com/get-unity/download/archive

    The export C# script asset: https://github.com/7D2D/Templates-and-Utilities
    Right click on the ExportAssetBundles.cs script and then right click and select save link as. Save it to your desktop then open unity and drag the script into your asset folder.

    Now onto the videos.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/xythq/p...view=1&sort=dd

    I'm new to using Unity, so if you have detailed Unity questions, I probably can't answer them. There are a lot of great beginner videos out there that for those who want to do more than just get a new game object into 7d2d. We hope to have a more comprehensive tutorial guide available in the near future, but for now this should help you understand this portion of the process.
    Last edited by xyth; 01-23-2019 at 01:31 PM.

  2. #2
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    More please!!

    Thank you for the Tutorials. I look forward to the next one.

  3. #3
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    Moving the topic from an old thread to this new one. Eventually we will have a master thread discussing the entire process, from using tools like blender to create models, to using SDX 7 to import the models and other modifications into 7d2d.

    Here are the links you will need to get started using Unity 5.3.8p2, which is the latest version that will work for this purpose.

    Things you will need to follow along with the videos:

    Unity 5.3.8p2 https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/patch-releases

    The export C# script asset: https://github.com/7D2DSDX/SDXModdin...setBundles.zip

    Now on to the videos.

    https://www.youtube.com/user/xythq/p...view=1&sort=dd

    I'm new to using Unity, so if you have detailed Unity questions, I probably can't answer them. There are a lot of great beginner videos out there that for those who want to do more than just get a new game object into 7d2d. We hope to have a more comprehensive tutorial guide available in the near future, but for now this should help you understand this portion of the process.


    I am grateful for this work

  4. #4
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    0
    wuuhhh nice waiting for more videos

  5. #5
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    21,429
    Rep Power
    1
    Easy peasy thanks to Xyth.


  6. #6
    Colony Founder Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,890
    Rep Power
    1
    Great tutorials thanks Xyth

  7. #7
    Nomad themirror's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    351
    Rep Power
    0
    anyone fix this thread, it is very useful

  8. #8
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Easy peasy thanks to Xyth.


    What does the SDX file structure look like to bring those in?

  9. #9
    Community Moderator xyth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    1,793
    Rep Power
    1
    The tutorial on using sdx 0.7.1 (being done by a tutorial team member, not me) will be available soon. Basicly you just run the sdx once, which add the "hooks" needed into the vanilla game code. Once that's done, just drop your new .unity3d file in the new resources folder that sdx makes for you, and then add a new block to your xml that uses the model. Full details and working examples are coming very soon.

  10. #10
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    The tutorial on using sdx 0.7.1 (being done by a tutorial team member, not me) will be available soon. Basicly you just run the sdx once, which add the "hooks" needed into the vanilla game code. Once that's done, just drop your new .unity3d file in the new resources folder that sdx makes for you, and then add a new block to your xml that uses the model. Full details and working examples are coming very soon.

    ok, thank you!

  11. #11
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    21,429
    Rep Power
    1
    Yeh now is the time to brush up on blender; straightforward block shapes are easy in unity and will be fully fleshed out in the upcoming tutorials... You will find that you can make new blocks in mere minutes. I'm super excited about what these guys are doing.

  12. #12
    Colony Founder n2n1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    MotherRussia
    Posts
    2,018
    Rep Power
    1
    Thank You for this tutorial - soon, i need it !

  13. #13
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    26
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by n2n1 View Post
    Thank You for this tutorial - soon, i need it !


    I'm in need of the tutorial as well. After reading "Easy peasy" I'm gonna chew on some tums until it's done
    Last edited by Anotheroldguy; 08-25-2017 at 02:43 AM.

  14. #14
    Colony Founder n2n1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    MotherRussia
    Posts
    2,018
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Anotheroldguy View Post
    I'm in need of the tutorial as well. After reading "Easy peasy" I'm gonna chew on some tums until it's done
    yes, it's inspiring !

  15. #15
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    63
    Rep Power
    0
    hey i made my first "custom block" but ingame i get this error

    https://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/2328..._53f3051e_orig

    maybe any one can help me fix this ?

    not sure why this happens

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •