Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Creating and Exporting Models from Unity for use in 7D2D

In Unity, a block and an item is the same except for two things. First, you do not need to add a collider or a tag on an object that will be used as an item in game. The second difference is the positioning of the object. Blocks need to be at 000 (xyz coords) but items need to be aligned with a position dictated by the handhold position in xml. The best way to align an item is to extract an item's mesh from the games resource file, one that uses the handhold that you plan to use with the new item, and use that mesh as an alignment tool.

Refugee
    Thank you, i got the Kukri Model into the game but canīt get the handheld position right...

but items need to be aligned with a position dictated by the handhold position in xml. The best way to align an item is to extract an item's mesh from the games resource file, one that uses the handhold that you plan to use with the new item, and use that mesh as an alignment tool.

I did it like in your video about weapon positioning, but after the export its always the same in the game.
    Some idea what i get wrong?
    Last edited by Fluix; 12-26-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Likely you are moving the top parent object rather than the child object. The top parent object must remain at 000.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by xyth View Post
    Likely you are moving the top parent object rather than the child object. The top parent object must remain at 000.
    Thanks for your input but I checked it again and the parent object (meleeKukriPrefab) has 000 and i aligned the child object too the melee iron barbed club (holdtype 2).
    Maybe i have some troubles with my unity assets bundle extractor (cause the stable 2.2 version is not working for me (plugin is not working) so i use beta3 32 bit...

One option is to use the bat template on my repo and use the bat as a positioning template. It works for holdtype 2.

https://github.com/7D2D/Templates-an...e.unitypackage

Updated links for Unity 2018 and current script.

The export C# script asset: https://github.com/7D2D/Templates-and-Utilities
    Right click on the ExportAssetBundles.cs script and then right click and select save link as. Save it to your desktop then open unity and drag the script into your asset folder.

Now onto the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/xythq/p...view=1&sort=dd
    So I have to do drag the script into every new project?

Edit:
    I opened a new project and dragged the script into my asset folder. I got tons of errors in the bottom window. I dragged the sound file I want to use to change existing sounds in the game to assets. I right clicked on it and did not get the option to Build Asset bundle.
    Last edited by Winterhart; 03-02-2019 at 01:37 AM. Reason: Add info

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    ANY script error causes unity to not load any scripts. Sounds like you have more than one copy of the builder script in unity.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    ANY script error causes unity to not load any scripts. Sounds like you have more than one copy of the builder script in unity.
    OK I have Xyth's Fun With Flags Tutorial and it has the script in it. That's were I imported and exported the sound file from for my zombie sound changing mod. I was thinking that might be the problem so I wanted start a blank project to work from but I'm having the issues I mentioned above. I'm not looking for hand holding and have been trying to research everything I can on my own, but I haven't got a clue what to do next. Where do I look for this extra copy of the builder script go get rid of it. How do I get that script into my project?

Thank you for your time.

The script from the fun with flags video should work. If you start a new project, you need to add the script file into that project. Just go into the fun with flags project, find the script file in the asset folder. Right click on it and select show in explorer. Than in explorer amke a copy and then open your new project and drag the script into that projects asset folder.

The script from the fun with flags video should work. If you start a new project, you need to add the script file into that project. Just go into the fun with flags project, find the script file in the asset folder. Right click on it and select show in explorer. Than in explorer amke a copy and then open your new project and drag the script into that projects asset folder.
    I got the script out of your 2nd tutorial and it worked. Thanks

so if I wanted to design a new forge with hopper for extra resources and using Gas to burn hotter and faster. would I design in Unity?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    The model would need to be packaged in the correct unity version, so yep.

Hello. Help me please. I just can’t understand what’s wrong with me, and how can I add model as a block. When I pick up the unit, the console shows these 6 errors. My English is weak, but it seems like you need to add scripts for the block. How to do it? A model appeared above the character, but nothing can be done.Attachment 28923
    https://sun9-43.userapi.com/c858136/...M6f8JT6Zh8.jpg

The referenced script (MMDEngine) on this Behaviour is missing!
    The referenced script (ExpressionManagerScript) on this Behaviour is missing!
    The referenced script on this Behaviour(Game Object 'Mmm') is missing!
    The referenced script on this Behaviour(Game Object 'Expression') is missing!

Model transferred from mmd format to Unity
    Last edited by Smile Rumia; 6 Days Ago at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smile Rumia View Post
    Hello. Help me please. I just can’t understand what’s wrong with me, and how can I add model as a block. When I pick up the unit, the console shows these 6 errors. My English is weak, but it seems like you need to add scripts for the block. How to do it? A model appeared above the character, but nothing can be done.Attachment 28923

The referenced script (ExpressionManagerScript) on this Behaviour is missing!

Model transferred from mmd format to Unity
    FYI your attachment is coming as invalid. Also have you followed Xyth's tutorial on custom blocks? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og-4GP2WENE

Not sure what your "block" is either or what you're trying to do. Blocks don't generally require scripts...