Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Dedicated Servers or Increased Player Count on Console or Split Screen MP

i feel like this has been answered somewhere but i cannot find it, why isn't Split-screen online MP implemented yet on console? i just don't see the limitation if its possible on local play...

Refugee

Smallest map for more players?

Could it be that they had a "map" for the multiplayer that was smaller in terrain, as depth and height of blocks and to be able to keep some more people on the server?I am totally unaware if this is a possible option, but it is a little doubt that intrigues me, in the same way I understand that the game is not a multiplayer approach, it is only a question that I would like to clarify, greetings.

Refugee

Smallest map for more players?

Could it be that they had a "map" for the multiplayer that was smaller in terrain, as depth and height of blocks and to be able to keep some more people on the server?I am totally unaware if this is a possible option, butit is a little doubt that intrigues me, in the same way I understand that the game is not a multiplayer approach, it is only a question that I would like to clarify, greetings.

1. The console hardware really cannot handle it. (It's barely capable of what the game requires right now.)
    Pc servers run on the server hardware, take a look at ark on console vs ark on nitrado, and I don't mean engines, i mean stability.

2. Setting up hosted servers are expensive. The dev's aren't big companies with loads of money to blow on starting up a server.
    I am not 100% sure on this but don't the companies profit from selling their server space and they already set up the required hardware? Or did TFP want to strictly own the servers and profit off them?

3. There are not currently known plans to expand the game to allow more players in a session.
    Why exactly, what is holding it back?

4. Split-screen MP is also likely to be a pipedream. (Again, it's the hardware limitations here preventing it.)
    This is fine, nobody should be playing split screen these days.

5. Your next-gen PS4 Pro or XB1-X does nothing to help the game support more players.
    That's why we want dedicated servers, no one wants to host a server on our console.

Again, why are we not having the option or nitrado or other hosted dedicated servers?
    Last edited by Labrat309; 03-26-2018 at 04:11 AM.

Refugee

Lightbulb Xbox Hosted server By Pc

Not read through all forums as there is far too many, but i noticed today that ark allow you to host a pc Dedicated Server, that Xbox is also able to join. this probably has been brought up but again I have not read all forums. it would maybe take the pressure off the devs in the long run. and allow pc/xbox players to play together.

Ark is an "Xbox Play Anywhere" title. maybe get 7 days on that list which would help it with cross play options in the game for pc and xbox to be able to play. would could also result in pc Dedicated server for xbox.

not sure where this would leave PS4 players, but one step at the time I guess.

No idea if posted in right place.

Hello everyone
    Thank you for all the details about the dedicated servers.
    Why not set up a valid DLC 1 year that will cost a few € / $ and unlock access to dedicated servers, this would reduce the cost of running its latest to the editor ...

After a lot of players would be willing to spend all the money years to enjoy a "real" multiplayer mode, not on.
    It might be worth doing a survey of console players to know the% of players who will accept this idea. And also how many global player sum us on console (PS and Xbox) because if there are only 5000 players in the world it's not worth it.

Forcing it is not necessary that the amount is the same price as the game, only a dozen € / $.

Elite Dangerous does it with every new DLC, a new season pass to buy in order to have the following updates for free. So why not 7 days to die.