Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 117

Thread: A16 - Scratched 'Skyscratcher' from Scratch (Preview)

  1. #1
    Colony Founder Pille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    1,084
    Rep Power
    1

    A16 - Scratched 'Skyscratcher' from Scratch (Preview)

    So that's a preview of my current project. Since I am a slow builder this may take awhile.^^


    1. Building session (Exterior I)





    You can download the unfinished tower from here. (Version 22. Jan. 18). Remark: There are structural stability issues in the current version (collapsing floors)... I am going to fix them later.


    Credits:

    Laz Man has allowed me to include his McDowell's Restaurant:
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...nt-(by-LazMan)

    I used and modified Horst's tanks:
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...03-Tank-prefab

    I copied & pasted some defensive works from Kam R.'s Nuclear Power Plant (e.g. sandbag barriers, turret mountings).
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...ar-Power-Plant

    Some elements (e.g. canteen, bar in the second floor) are copies from vanilla prefabs (created by The Fun Pimps).



    Thank you guys for allowing me to include your prefabs!
    Last edited by Pille; 1 Day Ago at 08:05 AM.

  2. #2
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston-ish, Texas
    Posts
    16,466
    Rep Power
    1
    Make me switch to desktop mode, grumble grumble...

    ...looks great! Have fun decorating it.

  3. #3
    Colony Founder Laz Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,405
    Rep Power
    1
    Love the exterior look!!!!!

  4. #4
    Colony Founder Pille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    1,084
    Rep Power
    1
    The exterior will be finished anytime soon™:

    2. Building session (Exterior II)








    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Have fun decorating it.
    No no, fun is for young people.
    Last edited by Pille; 08-30-2017 at 10:43 PM.

  5. #5
    Colony Founder Pille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    1,084
    Rep Power
    1
    I am progressing with the lobby...

    3. Building session (Lobby I)





    Progress is slow thanks to rotation issues:
    Last edited by Pille; 08-30-2017 at 10:43 PM.

  6. #6
    Colony Founder Laz Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    3,405
    Rep Power
    1
    Very very nice!!! Now that is a building worth putting your name on.

  7. #7
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0
    Very nice! When can we move in?

    I especially like the comparison to the skyscraper on the right. Makes it stand out even better

  8. #8
    Colony Founder Pille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    1,084
    Rep Power
    1
    Thanks, guys. I am completely new to this kind of modern/realistic builds. So it takes forever to find workarounds for all the little problems arising during the building phase (e.g. how would you make a sliding glass door or revolving door? Have to find some kind of door that fits into the empty space in the screenshot bellow) That's why I cannot give you a time estimate.^^

    4. Building session (Entrance I)



    Last edited by Pille; 08-30-2017 at 10:43 PM.

  9. #9
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston-ish, Texas
    Posts
    16,466
    Rep Power
    1
    Crappy door selection has been a pervasive problem since ... forever. Hell, you can't even have a proper double door because both would open the same direction.

  10. #10
    Leader
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    5,204
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    Thanks, guys. I am completely new to this kind of modern/realistic builds. So it takes forever to find workarounds for all the little problems arising during the building phase (e.g. how would you make a sliding glass door or revolving door? Have to find some kind of door that fits into the empty space in the screenshot bellow) That's why I cannot give you a time estimate.^^

    4. Building session (Entrance I)
    Spoiler: 




    I made a revolving door for i think the court house i made.

    Pillar in its end so flat surfaces facing up and down. Then glass panel plates so the thin sides are on top and bottom and large flat areas are left right etc. If that makes sense

  11. #11
    Colony Founder Pille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    1,084
    Rep Power
    1
    @stallionsden
    Thanks stallionsden. That looks much better than expected (I thought it would be super ugly, lol).

    @Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Crappy door selection has been a pervasive problem since ... forever. Hell, you can't even have a proper double door because both would open the same direction.
    I know it sucks. When I heard of the skyscrapers in A16, I thought TFP would add some appropriate doors but nope ... they decided to use these rear exits of porn movie theatres as front door



    5th Building session (Revolving doors)




    Does anybody know a solution to my railing problem (last screenshot in #5)?
    Last edited by Pille; 08-30-2017 at 10:44 PM.

  12. #12
    Leader
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    5,204
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    @stallionsden
    Thanks stallionsden. That looks much better than expected (I thought it would be super ugly, lol).

    @Guppy

    I know it sucks. When I heard of the skyscrapers in A16, I thought TFP would add some appropriate doors but nope ... they decided to use these rear exits of porn movie theatres as front door



    5th Building session (Revolving doors)
    Spoiler: 





    Does anybody know a solution to my railing problem (last screenshot in #5)?
    Lol nah it looks quite good actually. But yeh got to be inventive with certain things unfort due to limited blocks etc.

    The image didnt work btw so cant see it to help with the rails.

  13. #13
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    @stallionsden

    Does anybody know a solution to my railing problem (last screenshot in #5)?
    It looks like you used the same wood pole support on both sides of the stairs...but did advanced rotation on the closer one to flip it upside down and backwards.

    There is actually a wood pole support2 block that is a mirror of the original that will line up the way you want...i think.

  14. #14
    Colony Founder Pille's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Milky Way
    Posts
    1,084
    Rep Power
    1
    @stallionsden
    Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Lol nah it looks quite good actually. But yeh got to be inventive with certain things unfort due to limited blocks etc.

    The image didnt work btw so cant see it to help with the rails.
    That's strange. Do the other images work? Doesn't matter since Dracos solved my issues but there will be more problem for you, don't worry.

    @Dracos99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos99 View Post
    It looks like you used the same wood pole support on both sides of the stairs...but did advanced rotation on the closer one to flip it upside down and backwards.

    There is actually a wood pole support2 block that is a mirror of the original that will line up the way you want...i think.
    Ahh you're right. I used the wrong pole support. I didn't know of 'wood pole support'. Thank you Dracos.

    You guys are really helpful. That's how it should look.

    Last edited by Pille; 08-30-2017 at 10:44 PM.

  15. #15
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    86
    Rep Power
    0
    The main reason that pictures are not visible for people on this forum is that they are either not linked to or have become un-linked from their Steam account.

    Check Settings in the top right and then Steam Account Link on the left hand side.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •