Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Getting Started Prefabbing - Complete (POI Creation)

Survivor
    Dont wanna start a new thread, but i think my question fits in well here.
    There are many things missing in the editormenu, like bladetraps and switches. I knew u cant do whole electricity builds, but not beeing able to use it for deco is stupid. I tried to givemyself xp via console to craft and place it, but that didnt work( cant get beyond lvl 4).
    So my questions, is there a simple way to use blocks/deco wich are not avaible in the poi editor?
    ( Complex: export poi to singlepayer game, edit it, save it, reexport to editor. Is that even posibble? )

I guess you missed the dev block switch in the creative menu (see red arrow):

Survivor
    oha, thx will try it tomorrow.

Survivor
    I want to make a prefab to a quest location. Do i just need to change the xml from that prefab? F.e. the difficulty tier, if i want it at another tier then the standart "1". How to make it a killing, a gather quest?
    And what means "sleeperislootvolume"?

Yes you have to set a quest tag in the xml file:

<property name="QuestTags" value="fetch"/>

Possible values:
    quest, trader, clear, fetch, hidden_cache

I don't know if all tags are valid but 'clear' (killing quest) and 'fetch' (gather quest) should work. Afaik you have to place a questRallyMarker block (id 1947) to enable the players to start the quest. Fetch quests need a questsatchel block (id 1777) somewhere in the POI. sleeperislootvolume or the alternative term 'priority volume' means that you can place a sleeper volume inside another sleeper volume and the sleepers located in the inner volume will not be spawned if players enter the outer volume (which is quite useful).

Survivor
    Thanks again. I will play around with the new infos.

Update: fetch and clear works fine. But imo the poi looks a bit empty, maybe i can improve it/ got new ideas.
    Release soon.
    Last edited by Penzed; 02-18-2019 at 07:25 PM.

Maybe you can take some ideas from other prefabs ... Good luck!

Survivor
    And another questions. How to add a sleeper"area" to a new prefab. i always copy an old one to a new prefab. But there must be a way to add a new one to a new prefab, or iamwrong?! ( i dont mean the xml file, i mean in editor ) But i still cant figure it out.
    Last edited by Penzed; 02-20-2019 at 05:17 PM.

Press F6, look at the ground and click on the 'sleeper volume' button:

Survivor
    u again, thx will test it...
    wow .great..works
    Last edited by Penzed; 02-20-2019 at 05:36 PM.

Refugee
    I loved this Thread

Now i am going to ask a question that is bothering me and i did not see it in the previous pages.
    1 I have signs I have put up in my prefab. Is there any way to save the writing on them ?
    2 how do I keep my none POI things connected to power after save. IE, auto turrets, blades etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Kinder View Post
    I loved this Thread

Now i am going to ask a question that is bothering me and i did not see it in the previous pages.
    1 I have signs I have put up in my prefab. Is there any way to save the writing on them ?
    2 how do I keep my none POI things connected to power after save. IE, auto turrets, blades etc?
    1. Yes, just write some text on the signs and save the prefab.
    2. Unfortunately, that's not possible at the moment. Maybe, in A18 or A19.

I've seen many posts regarding creating and exporting distant POI meshes. I know how to do that now. What I can't seem to find is a way to remove OLD distant POI meshes.

Let me explain. I run a dedicated server and I have cleared a good portion of POIs from a particular region. I did this in world editor, deleting the desired POIs leaving nothing but bare land. I then ran a single player game to to get that region file to generate. I then copied and replaced that same region file into my server of the same seed. It worked great! Those areas are free of my removed POIs. Unfortunately, the distant POI meshes are still there. So from a distance, it looks like those old POIs are still there but disappear when you get close.

Is there any way to remove those meshes from my server? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

That's the distant terrain. I believe it's generated when the map is, and currently never updates. The devs are looking into trying to have it update during gameplay, but they haven't said much about it.

So I don't think there is much you can do with it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman.XXX View Post
    I've seen many posts regarding creating and exporting distant POI meshes. I know how to do that now. What I can't seem to find is a way to remove OLD distant POI meshes.

Let me explain. I run a dedicated server and I have cleared a good portion of POIs from a particular region. I did this in world editor, deleting the desired POIs leaving nothing but bare land. I then ran a single player game to to get that region file to generate. I then copied and replaced that same region file into my server of the same seed. It worked great! Those areas are free of my removed POIs. Unfortunately, the distant POI meshes are still there. So from a distance, it looks like those old POIs are still there but disappear when you get close.

Is there any way to remove those meshes from my server? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
    Did you just clear the blocks/terrain, or did you delete the prefab designated bounds as well?

That is, in the world editor, look at the map, do you still see green squares where those POI's used to be? If so, make sure you are showing bounds in your settings, select it, hit K to open up properties, and select "Delete prefab". That should unregister the prefab from that area, and will no longer render the mesh in that location.

That's a guess, I haven't tried but in theory that should work from what I understand of the prefab system.