Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha 16.3 Experimental B12 Bug Report Thread

Alpha 16.3 Experimental B12 Bug Report Thread

Hey Survivalist,
    We’ve just released Alpha 16.3 Experimental B12 and could really use your help finding the last remaining big issues. As always TFP is interested in all constructive criticism and feedback, but what we're really looking for in this thread are the following:
    • Show stopping game play bugs (Hopefully with reproduction steps)
    • Crashes (Try and get reproduction steps and post your output_log.txt files - usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt - directly in your forum post. Note: You will find all output_logs time stamped there, even from old games. You can also attach your zipped up crash dump file too.)
    • Chunk Generation Bugs. People please give us the coordinates of where they were in the world when they run into a chunk generation error plus the game seed. Copy and pasting the error alone and the output log is not sufficient to help with a fix.

Additionally, you can post balance and feedback in the current Dev diary.
    We don’t want incompatibility bugs with previous builds so please remember to start a new game with each experimental update.

Here's how to opt in and play the latest experimental branch.

Open your steam client.
    1. Click on Games/View Games Library
    2. Right click ‘7 Days to Die’ and select properties
    3. From the new popup dialogue box select the ‘BETAS’ Tab
    4. Under ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ latest_experimental

The game will then update and download the latest experimental build Alpha 16.2 Experimental

Switching back to the latest main stable build is as easy as repeating steps 1-4 and on step 4 choose the option ‘None – Opt out of all Beta Programs’ and you’ll revert to the latest stable build.

Cheers Richard

Changed
    • Tuned in weapon bob when running and walking for new smooth bob code

Fixed
    • ERROR: VM.mesh[0].Vertices.Count (65248) has too many vertices
    • When going underwater the Cannot Breathe Tooltip shows up
    • Feral and Radiated feral version of zombies don't count towards quest progression.
    • UFPS Stutter issues
    • Sleeper spawn issue where killing the last surviving sleeper would trigger a new set of sleepers to spawn
    • Freeze while "Creating Player"

Known Issues
    • On-screen keyboard is only available if you start the game from Steam’s Big Picture Mode
    • Smell is not working with the new stealth we will revisit it in a17
    • GlobalUV support inhibits anisotropic filtering and it has to be calculated in the shader.
    • Farming of crops other than yucca and hops affects performance
    • Precipitation and cold temp going through windows, glass blocks, doors, and hatches
    • Excessive use of trigger plates may cause servers to lag during hordes.
    • Gore block dupe
    • Turrets echo sounds for clients
    • Blackscreen of death - still looking for savegames and outputlogs
    • Sleeper spawning issues continue - we fixed the issue for wrongfully triggering new spawns, if you find more, please send us repro and video
    • Creating Player hang issue - we found a fix that took care of our repro, if you still encounter it, please provide savegame, repro and outputlogs

I've noticed in the last two builds that when I die on a severe slope my backpack indicates it is at the location I died, but I can't find it. I've gone so far as to dig down 5 squares and to build a wood frame pole 30 high and still couldn't find it. The indication is that its there, but I can't see or click on it.

Tracker
    One thing I noticed right away, FPS has doubled on my system.

Quote Originally Posted by betam4x View Post
    One thing I noticed right away, FPS has doubled on my system.
    check your settings, they usually get reset to the defaults when an update happens. Specifically the texture res. Mine is typically set to Full, but after every update it gets switched back to 1/2.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by warmer View Post
    I've noticed in the last two builds that when I die on a severe slope my backpack indicates it is at the location I died, but I can't find it. I've gone so far as to dig down 5 squares and to build a wood frame pole 30 high and still couldn't find it. The indication is that its there, but I can't see or click on it.
    your bag will roll down the hill like rag doll but the indicator will stay where you died

Summary: Error files appeared when trying to log into server after update, stuck on creating player screen.
    Version: Alpha 16.3 B12
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Host: Dedicated Server

Did you wipe old saves? No
    Did you start a new save? No
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No

Bug Description: Received reports of clients being unable to log into dedicated server, hanging on "creating player" with 35.397 ERR Task_CommReaderRPC (ch=0):
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object error being reported. Tried restarting server but it didn't work. Managed to fix the problem though by reinstalling the latest patch onto the server without having to wipe it. Server had the previous version of 16.3 on it before.

Reproduce steps: N/A
    Seed name=Gotham
    Co ords= N/A

With the sentence "my FPS as double .." I understand that for example he had 30 fps before than now he has 60 fps ... so where is the problem ????? I remain you that FPS means frame per seconds, so if I double my FPS I will be ♥♥♥♥in happy. Why want you him to change the settings ?? By my side I neither ever had a setting change using different version of this game. So it means that if my FPS is better, the devs are just doing their job

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fun Pimp View Post
    • UFPS Stutter issues
    Thanks for the great update, lots of critical fixes done it seems.

The quoted line confuses me, what exactly is "UFPS"..? Or is it a typo and meant to be FPS stutter issues?

Quote Originally Posted by GAME ZARUS View Post
    With the sentence "my FPS as double .." I understand that for example he had 30 fps before than now he has 60 fps ... so where is the problem ????? I remain you that FPS means frame per seconds, so if I double my FPS I will be ♥♥♥♥in happy. Why want you him to change the settings ?? By my side I neither ever had a setting change using different version of this game. So it means that if my FPS is better, the devs are just doing their job
    you misunderstand what he said. he questioned if the video settings after the reinstall were LESS than what he usually uses. THIS can account for a sudden increase in FPS.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Nugetti View Post
    The quoted line confuses me, what exactly is "UFPS"..? Or is it a typo and meant to be FPS stutter issues?
    It's the fix from ZehMatt from https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...y-Bob-Smoothed , basically somehow improving how weapons move when walking around.

Bug reporting form

Please use this form to report bugs, Testers will then respond, if the form is not used we will assume you are just chatting to each other

Summary: (short description of bug)
    Version:
    Platform: (PC or Mac)
    OS/Version: Windows/Linux/mac
    Game mode, mp host/mp client/sp /client on dedi

Did you wipe old saves? (yes/No)
    Did you start a new save? (Yes/No)
    Did you validate your files? (Yes/No)
    Are you using any mods? (yes/No)

Bug Description:

Reproduce steps:
    Seed name=
    Co ords=

1)
    2)
    3)

Actual result: (description of what is occurring)

Expected result: (what you expect to occur)

[Attach bug screenshot and output log if any]
    Pastebin how to video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTJMIJ1XnQ
    Pastebin link , https://pastebin.com/7wLyjkTT

To take a screen shot use the f12 button , that saves it to you steam folder

your output log files are in C /steamLibrary/steamapps/common/7Daystodie/7daystodiedata/ you will find a list of ol logs, the last one being the most recent.

also when taking a screen shot you can use the debug info, go into dm mode ( Type dm in the console ) Type dm to turn it off again
    Press F3, that will bring up the debug overlay, you will need to press f3 twice to close it.
    If you use the f3 feature no need for cords in the screen shot as they are in that info.

Quote Originally Posted by SheeleMara View Post
    Summary: Error files appeared when trying to log into server after update, stuck on creating player screen.
    Version: Alpha 16.3 B12
    Platform: PC
    OS/Version: Windows 10
    Host: Dedicated Server

Did you start a new save? No
    Did you validate your files? Yes
    Are you using any mods? No

Bug Description: Received reports of clients being unable to log into dedicated server, hanging on "creating player" with 35.397 ERR Task_CommReaderRPC (ch=0):
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object error being reported. Tried restarting server but it didn't work. Managed to fix the problem though by reinstalling the latest patch onto the server without having to wipe it. Server had the previous version of 16.3 on it before.

Reproduce steps: N/A
    Seed name=Gotham
    Co ords= N/A
    can you please supply the output logs from the server and clients

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Alloc View Post
    It's the fix from ZehMatt from https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...y-Bob-Smoothed , basically somehow improving how weapons move when walking around.
    Wow, that's great news, I saw that before and it really does make quite a difference to the overall smoothness and feel of the game. Cheers to ZehMatt!

Scavenger
    We don’t want incompatibility bugs with previous builds so please remember to start a new game with each experimental update.
    Quote Originally Posted by SheeleMara View Post

well have you tryed start new save?

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by warmer View Post
    check your settings, they usually get reset to the defaults when an update happens. Specifically the texture res. Mine is typically set to Full, but after every update it gets switched back to 1/2.
    The settings were the same. I had a LOT of micro stutters on the previous build...even though I have an absolute top of the line machine. This build got rid of all the stuttering.