Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A16 - 7D2D SDX Tutorials and Modding Kit

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    I'm good with the pull requests. Generating the new website takes a few minutes right now, then I re-sync the html files in the repos.

I'm not sure why they are showing Linux line endings. HelpNDoc only runs on windows.
    Great I will just do pull requests in the future. I kind of thought the help program only ran on windows, but maybe the web server is on linux so it gets changed somewhere along the line.

I have gone through the tutorials and I have to say you have done a really great job with it all, very well written and excellent introduction to SDX.

/Simon

Quote Originally Posted by sihorton View Post
    Great I will just do pull requests in the future. I kind of thought the help program only ran on windows, but maybe the web server is on linux so it gets changed somewhere along the line.

I have gone through the tutorials and I have to say you have done a really great job with it all, very well written and excellent introduction to SDX.

/Simon
    Thank you very much. And I appreciate your continued participation.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    I'm not sure why they are showing Linux line endings. HelpNDoc only runs on windows.
    Ah I just remembered that there is a setting in git:
    git config core.autocrlf
    If that is set to true then git will alter all files to linux line endings just before it stores the commit. So maybe someone has their git configured with that setting on by default.

That configuration can actually cause a lot of problems, it is better in general for people on windows to just use notepad++ for editing the files (it can cope with all types of line endings and can convert from one to the other), and then have autocrlf = false in the git client. Maybe github desktop has that set to true by default and so that is why it is stored that way in the repository?

Quote Originally Posted by sihorton View Post
    Ah I just remembered that there is a setting in git:
    git config core.autocrlf
    If that is set to true then git will alter all files to linux line endings just before it stores the commit. So maybe someone has their git configured with that setting on by default.

That configuration can actually cause a lot of problems, it is better in general for people on windows to just use notepad++ for editing the files (it can cope with all types of line endings and can convert from one to the other), and then have autocrlf = false in the git client. Maybe github desktop has that set to true by default and so that is why it is stored that way in the repository?
    Yes, my autocrlf was set to true. I've changed it to false and we'll see how it looks on the next comit

Zombie Hunter
    Amazing, finally I can start to look at SDK mods, thank you so much for this guys.

Introducing Clear UI

- Added Clear UI - A DAD Mod Inspired creation. Completely removes the in-game HUD.

It removes entries from xui.xml, but preserves all other vanilla or modded files, including any Localization files you may have. Potentially compatible with any mod that does not change the xui.xml.

Available in the 7D2DSDX Repo: https://github.com/7D2DSDX/Mods

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Nice, y'all went live.

...miss you guys...

Wow, this reminds me a bit of fomm. Ease of access is what its all about, kudos.

Do you guys think there is any way to make a laser pistol? Im sure theres a model out there but im wondering about the lasers themselves, think it would work? Maybe pacco could answer this best since hes the one who made the weapon tutorial. Since you were able to put new enemies into starvation i was wondering about a robot with laser weapons. Doable?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkstardragon View Post
    Do you guys think there is any way to make a laser pistol? Im sure theres a model out there but im wondering about the lasers themselves, think it would work? Maybe pacco could answer this best since hes the one who made the weapon tutorial. Since you were able to put new enemies into starvation i was wondering about a robot with laser weapons. Doable?
    Maybe try playing with the Flashlight particle effect? Wondering if the Ray attribute/element would control the spread. Maybe compare the spotlight and the flashlight.

Then model it after the blunderbuss and rev up the bullet behavior attributes? Then maybe make a new ammo modeled after the blunderbuss ammo but toss on the Nail gun batter pack mesh and icon?

Dang it. Now I wanna try it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackelmyer View Post
    Maybe try playing with the Flashlight particle effect? Wondering if the Ray attribute/element would control the spread. Maybe compare the spotlight and the flashlight.

Then model it after the blunderbuss and rev up the bullet behavior attributes? Then maybe make a new ammo modeled after the blunderbuss ammo but toss on the Nail gun batter pack mesh and icon?

Dang it. Now I wanna try it...
    Yea, im trying to hype myself up and try out the tutorial lol. Ive wanted some fallout style mods in 7dtd for a while, some laser weps, robots, a vault prefab, power armor, etc. Ive made myself super mutant npcs(basically bandits) and its easy to turn the zombies into feral ghouls, just nerf their health, make them run all the time and make them uglier lol. Starvation has giant scorpions(reads: radscorpions) so its not a stretch to add other stuff like mutant bears, etc. Bandit npcs can be made to look more like the raiders as well. Aaaarrrr, so much work to make a mod, thats why i leave it up to the ones that actually know how to do it lol. Oh, i almost forgot about dogmeat, everyones fav post apocalyptic buddy.
    Last edited by Darkstardragon; 09-10-2017 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by layarion View Post
    Thanks, I'll fix it on the next refreshment.

"Notice that there is no Item ID specified? When an Item ID, or block ID is not specified, SDX, at build time, will auto-assign an ID. Therefore, all your items and blocks will be auto-numbered."

I noticed SDX doesn't auto-assign intelligently in the blocks.xml. Meaning, if I let SDX do it, it'll create a block with ID 20xx instead of using one of the many empty block ID's like ID 17. How do I get SDX to use those automatically?
    Last edited by layarion; 09-21-2017 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by layarion View Post
    "Notice that there is no Item ID specified? When an Item ID, or block ID is not specified, SDX, at build time, will auto-assign an ID. Therefore, all your items and blocks will be auto-numbered."

I noticed SDX doesn't auto-assign intelligently in the blocks.xml. Meaning, if I let SDX do it, it'll create a block with ID 20xx instead of using one of the many empty block ID's like ID 17. How do I get SDX to use those automatically?
    Next release for SDX will have this fixed.