Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [09/06] Summer Update #2 Trailer!

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Law21 View Post
    I waiting for them to fix the glitch that when you build stuff in your base you lose it all. That has caused me to take a break from the game. I am on xbox console does anyone have any ideas?
    There is a player-found workaround that can protect you from the MD5 errors. You can find the information in this thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-wipes-resets)

You do need to follow the steps exactly and as soon as you crash. Also, this is an unofficial workaround and does involve you deleting data so use with caution and at your own risk - having said that, it has really helped a lot of people.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Damselx1 View Post
    There is a player-found workaround that can protect you from the MD5 errors. You can find the information in this thread: https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...-wipes-resets)

You do need to follow the steps exactly and as soon as you crash. Also, this is an unofficial workaround and does involve you deleting data so use with caution and at your own risk - having said that, it has really helped a lot of people.

So after some research i found that the limitations to save file size is a large contributor to the MD5 , mmy Qeustion is why are the Console Maker not legally bound to make the changes necessary to run any and all game sold for the console people buy a console assuming the CONSOLE has the ability to run any and all game sold for it with out a hitch < after seeing many of the errors on 7days are caused by console limitation some of which aren't hard ware but simply company policy that needs to change , because they won't allow larger file sizes for save's we don't get the quality of play that's is possible but not allowed because some guy that doesn't even play the console they designed said "we should limit save file size , because FU that's why " yeah i don't know i think all the Xbox guys complaining in the forums are barking up the wrong tree they need to go bug Microsoft and ask them why there save file size policy CANNOT be changed even if the games need it i think there should be some legal clause that says fine file sizes will stay unnecessarily small only as long as it doesn't affect the games performance , but if its found that the game suffers and the players experience is negatively affected by the small fill size then exception would be made and the save files allowed to be made the size necessary run the game with out error (not with out any error but error caused by lake of hard ware or memory )

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
    So after some research i found that the limitations to save file size is a large contributor to the MD5 , mmy Qeustion is why are the Console Maker not legally bound to make the changes necessary to run any and all game sold for the console people buy a console assuming the CONSOLE has the ability to run any and all game sold for it with out a hitch < after seeing many of the errors on 7days are caused by console limitation some of which aren't hard ware but simply company policy that needs to change , because they won't allow larger file sizes for save's we don't get the quality of play that's is possible but not allowed because some guy that doesn't even play the console they designed said "we should limit save file size , because FU that's why " yeah i don't know i think all the Xbox guys complaining in the forums are barking up the wrong tree they need to go bug Microsoft and ask them why there save file size policy CANNOT be changed even if the games need it i think there should be some legal clause that says fine file sizes will stay unnecessarily small only as long as it doesn't affect the games performance , but if its found that the game suffers and the players experience is negatively affected by the small fill size then exception would be made and the save files allowed to be made the size necessary run the game with out error (not with out any error but error caused by lake of hard ware or memory )
    I think you'd have to put that to the developers or console makers themselves - I'm not a techie.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dillinger View Post
    I discovered this also after seeing a post from one of the Fun Pimps staff. I think the next logical question(s) to ask are:
    1. Is this limitation exclusive to cloud storage or is it also in force on local HDD save files?
    2. If it's exclusive to cloud storage then can the save process be changed to save locally instead?

From what I understand 7DTD saves a local file and a cloud file (hence the "syncing") so I presume the restrictions are in force in both media forms but it would handy to know. I still don;t understand why consoles ship with such small HDD. 1Tb is peanuts these days and with XOX games weighing in at 100Gb of required storage (roughly) it's become an even more serious problem (I know XOX games won;t take that much on XO consoles, but it's still a problem).

Anyway, this has gone horribly off-topic and, for that, I apologise.

Refugee
    So when's the next update out?

This has gotten so off topic from the trailer I'm going to close it, you're welcome to continue this discussion in a dedicated topic of your choosing in general discussion if you like, this thread was for the trailer only.