Thread: Quests

Refugee

Quests

I have not had the chance to look through all the posts so if this has already been asked please disregard my question. Are there any plans to include quests of any kind to this game? I know about the treasure quests and those are fun for looking up misc items and such. I'm sure if there were some houses that you come across that have stories to them, like families that leave notes of where they have gone, and you try to find out what happened only to find they were eaten by the horde, or nothing at all. perhaps there was a riot and a bunch of people were locked in a warehouse and you come across it and there are like 30 zombies in there or something. I think adding this to 7D2D would add alot of replay value. just my thoughts.

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Master_Elizibs View Post
    I have not had the chance to look through all the posts so if this has already been asked please disregard my question. Are there any plans to include quests of any kind to this game? I know about the treasure quests and those are fun for looking up misc items and such. I'm sure if there were some houses that you come across that have stories to them, like families that leave notes of where they have gone, and you try to find out what happened only to find they were eaten by the horde, or nothing at all. perhaps there was a riot and a bunch of people were locked in a warehouse and you come across it and there are like 30 zombies in there or something. I think adding this to 7D2D would add alot of replay value. just my thoughts.

I think the idea of coming across a large building/room and it being filled with a LOT of sleeper zombies would be awesome, but i think the idea of quests/lore inside the game would be one of those things we'll never see personally.

Colony Founder
    Honestly have no clue. I know they have talked about it but if they actually do it is a different story. For now I can only say quest is a possibility

Inventor
    There are some quests is the game. You can find them on what looks like yellow post it notes. The other thing you are looking for is lore. Little pieces of story that explains what happened to the people of the area.

The problem is random gen. Sure it'd be easy to add lore to a standard map, but they use the same or similar loot tables random gen.

Refugee

Quote Originally Posted by Nootcaase View Post
    There are some quests is the game. You can find them on what looks like yellow post it notes. The other thing you are looking for is lore. Little pieces of story that explains what happened to the people of the area.

The problem is random gen. Sure it'd be easy to add lore to a standard map, but they use the same or similar loot tables random gen.
    Yes, I am looking for lore or quests, I'm not looking for anything heavy like a full story like fallout or something. just little pieces of notes here and there, houses, caves, etc.

As for Randome gen, they could add that into the RWG mixer as an item, just notes with little stories or information on them like they do with the yellow notes with the quests (kill nurses, zombie cops, etc.).

In that way they could add alot to the game, just a thought though.

Its planned for sure.