Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sphinx Prefab

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyjoki View Post
    got it again while placing destroyed brick (id: 1473) . kinda annoying. I canīt even place 400 of the blocks before it breaks. And im only halfway through... Now i donīt know how to get it done. Thereīs no other block which fulfills the purpose
    Sometimes you have to redo the export and import. It's annoying but til the bug is squashed. This the only method.

Tracker
    I tried almost everything. The only solution for me is to replace the bricks with pilles editor. After multiple edits i am able to spawn the prefab with no error again.
    i did this like 20 times. place some bricks , save it before the error appears and if it appears solve it with the editor. At this time it doesnt look the way i want it to but its ok. better than nothing.

so i want to make the next step and paint the prefab because i cant place more bricks etc.

Now i canīt paint the blocks in the prefab...i mean some can be painted but most of the blocks wonīt.

whats happening? im losing hope..

Tracker
    thatīs the paint issue:
    imgur paint

u can see the red parts are paintable and the other parts wonīt change

Leader
    thatīs the paint issue:
    imgur paint

u can see the red parts are paintable and the other parts wonīt change
    Sometimes you have to hit the block at a diff angle for it to be painted. Maybe it's the same. Like you paint a whole area a few blocks don't get painted. You habe to hit them individually and try all sorts of angle. Even standing on your head with your tongue to the left....

Tracker
    I tried hard....and i wouldnt post if its an angle problem...its more like segments of the prefab arent paintable since the vertices error.

But thanks for your advice

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I find painting stairs more than difficult, I imagine smaller faces to be a beast.

Survivor
    I tried hard....and i wouldnt post if its an angle problem...its more like segments of the prefab arent paintable since the vertices error.

But thanks for your advice
    this is what worked for me when having blocks that for some reason would not be painted, i am running starvation mod, and i changed the dll to activate the ingame editor mode, so when i have block that wont paint this is what i do, i place a new block of the same type into my hand, i then look at the block that have issues and do a shift + rightClick this chenges the painted block out with the new block from my hand(a function from the editor) and by doing so the block updates itself and the not painted area is then painted. i honestly dont think that its because u cannot paint the blocks, it is just a issue with updating the block so that the paint is visible, so in theory any way u can update the block should work.

Tracker
    okay how can i activate the ingame editor? i have no clue
    never edited dllīs before
    there are atleast couple of hundred blocks with that paint issue. its all over the prefab.

i use the paintspray pistol to check large areas to be paintable. in that way i can see which blocks wont paint.
    tried every angle upside down , new blocks. in these areas nothing works.

i really would like to try that auto update function

and guppy stairs are a pain in the ass, some other small blocks too but i have the problem mainly with reinforced concrete blocks. normally they are very easy to paint^^
    Last edited by Andyjoki; 11-13-2017 at 04:59 PM.

Survivor
    okay how can i activate the ingame editor? i have no clue
    never edited dllīs before
    there are atleast couple of hundred blocks with that paint issue. its all over the prefab.

i use the paintspray pistol to check large areas to be paintable. in that way i can see which blocks wont paint.
    tried every angle upside down , new blocks. in these areas nothing works.

i really would like to try that auto update function

and guppy stairs are a pain in the ass, some other small blocks too but i have the problem mainly with reinforced concrete blocks. normally they are very easy to paint^^
    andy are u part of the 7d2d discord? if so then please join the voice chat and ill explain, im not so good at explaining in writing

edit: if ur running a vanilla 7d2d game version then there is a thread on the forum started på herrpohl, he has a download for the dll for every version of the game, easy just click n drag into folder install.

link to herrpohl's thread is here mate - https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...118#post475118

re-edit: also ive found that on some blocks that u have to hit the top right corner with the paint brush to get it to color the block
    Last edited by KingRizla; 11-13-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Tracker
    Thanks KingRizla,
    it worked. I can replace the blocks and it then shows the selected paint. But its a pain in the ass doing it per hand. I have to select new paint very often.

sadly this funtion doesnt work anymore:
    E: Change color of selection (not sure if there is more to it)

@everyone who wants to try that vertices error.
    just open a new world and place destroyed bricks(1473). Sometimes the error will appear after several hundreds of placed blocks. sometimes after only a few of them. theres definetly some bug with these blocks.
    i got it after (361/74/137).

Leader
    what are GUPPY STAIRS :-D....... anything guppy related is a pain in the arse :-D haha lol (jokes guppy your awesome)

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Oooh, I think you're the second person to carry the Leader title. Congrats!

Survivor
    Thanks KingRizla,
    it worked. I can replace the blocks and it then shows the selected paint. But its a pain in the ass doing it per hand. I have to select new paint very often.

sadly this funtion doesnt work anymore:
    E: Change color of selection (not sure if there is more to it)

@everyone who wants to try that vertices error.
    just open a new world and place destroyed bricks(1473). Sometimes the error will appear after several hundreds of placed blocks. sometimes after only a few of them. theres definetly some bug with these blocks.
    i got it after (361/74/137).
    Hi again Andy

its very nice to hear that u got it to work and i can only agree that it can be a bit tedious to replace blocks like this, but it is atleast a last resort to get it to work

i will try testing out this issue ur having with the destroyed bricks and see what happens on my end

i am a bit pressed on time atm so it might not be tonight that i test it

Tracker
    Quote Originally Posted by KingRizla View Post
    and by doing so the block updates itself and the not painted area is then painted. i honestly dont think that its because u cannot paint the blocks, it is just a issue with updating the block so that the paint is visible, so in theory any way u can update the block should work.
    i dont think it has something to do with that.
    I have to paint all sites of the block i want to use . Then i need to copy it with middle mouse. In that way the painted sites are copied and i can succesful replace blocks in my prefab.
    if i just replace them with shift+rightclick the old paint or whatever will go away but it remains unpaintable(canīt copy paint/canīt remove/ canīt do anything^^)

But through the editor i have a way to do so Its like doing the whole prefab again but its a solution im very thankful for

i will finish the prefab in the next weeks i think.

Tracker
    I found a solution for the paint issue

- Save the Prefab with the Prefab Editor and spawn it ingame.

- Now every Block can be painted again!!