Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gnamod

Gnamod Core Mods

Welcome to GNAMOD

Welcome Survivors to Gnamod,
    So what is Gnamod exactly? That is hard to explain in a short sentence, but I will give it a try: Gnamod is a collection of mods that aims to enhance the ' Vanilla' Experience of the base 7 Days to Die game. This means that the mod is purely XML based and tries to remain as close as possible to the survival gameplay that the game already offers. My previous work: (Gnamod World)

But what does Gnamod Change? The complete version of Gnamod A16 has the following features (some that are still being worked on):

Many will say that Gnamod is a hardcore mod intended for experienced players, but my aim is to make it also accessible to newer players by taking core parts of the mod and making those compatible with the vanilla XMLs so that people can take what they like and do not have to adapt to a lot of changes at once.

===== Complete overhaul of the Random World Generator =====
    This means a completely new terrain generation, biome distribution, new/reworked Biomes, POI distribution and City Layouts. The pictures will speak for themselves and this is something you will have to experience to see what it changes and how that impacts the game. This is still a work in progress for A16 and the aim is to create a realistic landscape after a zombie apocalypse.

===== Complete rebalance of how loot is generated =====
    This is a thorough and complete overhaul of the loot.xml file that I have been working on and improving since A14. The impact of this is immense and creates a totally new experience and makes looting more fun. It features a system where character level does not impact the quality of the loot you find to much but rather impacts the amount (or chance to find something at all) increases as you become stronger. This means that early game will last longer and will challenge you, yet you can still get lucky and find a working weapon of good quality on the first day. The variety and randomization of the loot make it harder to anticipate what you will find when looting a certain container.

===== Zombie & Animal Overhaul =====
    This mod features a lot of zombies created by using existing walk-types and granting them to the existing zombies. This means that for every zombie model there are between 8 to 10 versions, including the Feral version. I also created Radiated versions of each of these that will be added to the spawning lists in the future. The zombies have been buffed and the loot tables redone. This is still a work in progress and will be released as a stand alone version called Gnamod Zombies as well. Planned is to have a specific lootgroups for the standard, feral, radiated and radiated feral versions. This change means that even on Nomad difficulty the game will be a lot harder.

===== Other Features =====
    - Recipes have reworked, including a 'Shape Menu Light' where you can craft any shape of a block from the basic block rather than needing to craft the shape from the base materials you can just craft the type of block, say flagstone, and then craft any ramp or stairs just from the block quickly when you need it.
    - Stacksizes have been adjusted.
    - Ammo unloading has been made possible for all weapons.
    - New starting quest thats still being worked on, covers the basics of day 1 and can be crafted into a version that skips the quest and gives the points right away. The quests give a claimblock instead of getting that at start.
    - Changes to sounds.xml to improve sounds of zombie footsteps.
    - Probably many stuff I forgot about, this thread will be updated along the way to include all information needed.

Planned Features/Releases
    - Gnamod World(s): More RWG Worlds and stand alone release of the current world.
    - Gnamod Zombies: Further improvements, continued work and stand alone release, will also include difficulties with spawners and gamestages.
    - Gnamod Nomad Mode: Bringing back Nomad Mode.
    - Gnamod Necropolis: Bringing back the Necropolis Map to A16 and it's deadly gameplay.
    - Gnamod Overhaul: Changes to all core systems, including Skills, Buffs, Food/Wellness and other features that will move further away from the core experience and intended for more hardcore players.

Known Issues:
    - Some zombie walktypes make no footstep sounds, but these will make more warning sounds.
    - Sometimes a POI can spawn high up and create a column of rock or deep down and create a crater, not something I can help atm.

Download Link will be available again soon as it was outdated, for now the mod is available in the Mod Launcher only. When I do a full release, including documentation updating here the files will again also become available for manual download, since the files are still in heavy flux it just does not make sense to upload any now.

How to install?:
    Navigate to your game folder in steam and find the two folders named Config and Prefabs in the 7 Days to Die folder. In the rar file you find the same directories, copy their contents into the folders overwrite the existing files with the same name. Be sure to do this only after a fresh install or after having steam verify the game content. You can download the client version when playing on a server that runs any Gnamod Mod. Though not needed to play, this localization file will enhance the experience.

Other Screenshots: Link to my screenshots on steam.
    Last edited by Haidrgna; 1 Week Ago at 08:21 PM. Reason: Updating

This post will be used for a more complete description of the Gnamod Complete Mod.
    Last edited by Haidrgna; 09-16-2017 at 05:51 PM.

This post will be used for a more complete description of Gnamod Worlds once it is released.
    Last edited by Haidrgna; 09-16-2017 at 05:52 PM.

This post will be used for a more complete description of Gnamod Zombies once it is released.
    Last edited by Haidrgna; 09-16-2017 at 05:54 PM.

This post will be used for a more complete description of Gnamod Overhaul once it is released.
    Last edited by Haidrgna; 09-16-2017 at 05:55 PM.

This post will be used for a more complete description of Gnamod Nomad Mode once it is released.
    Last edited by Haidrgna; 09-16-2017 at 05:56 PM.

This post will be used for a more complete description of Gnamod Necropolis once it is released.

Re-added to the 7D2D Mod Launcher! Welcome back!

Refugee

Cool Waiting for Gnamod Necropolis A16

keep the feeling of Necropolis, like A15
    thx man

Yeah Necropolis will come back, when I find the time to get it all done, but since it loans so much from the base mod that should be ready first as well

Great work, support
    Suggested map to reduce river water

Refugee
    So will this work with bigger mods like Starvation or True Survivor?

I'm new to modding 7DTD so sorry if it's a dumb question.

Not likely, as this is a mod that modifies a lot of files as well. Perhaps some stuff would work with other mods, but that would likely mean creating a new mod that uses elements of both. Some SDX mods may work since they inject code, but its more likely they will just overwrite it instead.

Refugee
    Ah, I see.

So is there a way to get the RWG settings to create a world like yours?

Refugee
    Sorry for the double post. Is there an updated version that works with Valmod? Do I just need the rwgmixer file or something?