Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 392

Thread: Gnamod

  1. #76
    Inventor Haidrgna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sphereii View Post
    Oh the punishing we could do together...
    Yeah we should do some of that sometime, for a special or something. But for Horde Mode a blood moon trigger every night probably would do it, then can more easily game stage it, but the heat hordes work good enough, I just need to tweak some stuff to get it working even better.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by KhaineGB View Post
    <Snip>
    So that rule still works then in A16, I thought it did not anymore. I will give it a try, might be nice to have this to force stuff in place, and Necropolis will certainly benefit from it.

    I wonder though if this rule always fires or it can still fail if the terrain is bad, probably will fail if the terrain cannot support it.

  2. #77
    Reconstructionist KhaineGB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Posts
    672
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidrgna View Post
    So that rule still works then in A16, I thought it did not anymore. I will give it a try, might be nice to have this to force stuff in place, and Necropolis will certainly benefit from it.

    I wonder though if this rule always fires or it can still fail if the terrain is bad, probably will fail if the terrain cannot support it.
    It does fail occasionally. As mentioned, I've tried 20 different worlds in testing out the code. 19 had a city near 0,0 until I edited the code. Now it's at 0,0. One had a massive lake there instead.

  3. #78
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0
    The Mod Launcher doesn't work for me. It just starts a vanilla version of 7DTD.

    I'd like to install this manually. I have the files. Do I just copy them over or is there a specific structure that needs to be created?

  4. #79
    Inventor Haidrgna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    1
    You will need to copy everything from the Base folder first, the Mods folder in it should go into your install folder of 7dtd (same folder that Data is in) the Config and Prefab contents should be copied over to the same folders in Data, copy the contents and replace existing files.

    Then you have have to do the same for any of the challenge mods you want to install, they go over the Base install. I am going to try and get some manual download zipfiles ready soon, that way it will be a little bit easier for server owners and those that cannot or do not want to use the Mod Launcher.

  5. #80
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    64
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidrgna View Post
    You will need to copy everything from the Base folder first, the Mods folder in it should go into your install folder of 7dtd (same folder that Data is in) the Config and Prefab contents should be copied over to the same folders in Data, copy the contents and replace existing files.

    Then you have have to do the same for any of the challenge mods you want to install, they go over the Base install. I am going to try and get some manual download zipfiles ready soon, that way it will be a little bit easier for server owners and those that cannot or do not want to use the Mod Launcher.
    Thank you very much!

  6. #81
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    0
    Good morning, You have some possibility to play the style GNOD HODE without some options.

    Example:

    1st Can you play the Gnamod Base Mod or Gnamod Nomad Mode with the zombies from Gnamod Horde Mode?

    2. Have zombies attacking your base every night?

    3rd Taking the money and also buying items in the cache?

    4th leaving the tower eat flag for the zombies always came to attack your base every night?

    5 So you can play a game where you need to build your base from scratch, making farms to have your food and etc ...

    6th a little lowering the difficulty because now the game can not find the money to build a defense of cement and purchases of quick ammunition.

    OBS: I think in a game where all the night the zombie come attacking your flag tower but that you can play a style from scratch without perks but with race ...

    Thanks in advance for the MOD so cool and good that I've played ...

    forte.jpg

  7. #82
    Inventor Haidrgna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by skolano View Post
    Good morning, You have some possibility to play the style GNOD HODE without some options.

    Example:

    1st Can you play the Gnamod Base Mod or Gnamod Nomad Mode with the zombies from Gnamod Horde Mode?

    2. Have zombies attacking your base every night?

    3rd Taking the money and also buying items in the cache?

    4th leaving the tower eat flag for the zombies always came to attack your base every night?

    5 So you can play a game where you need to build your base from scratch, making farms to have your food and etc ...

    6th a little lowering the difficulty because now the game can not find the money to build a defense of cement and purchases of quick ammunition.

    OBS: I think in a game where all the night the zombie come attacking your flag tower but that you can play a style from scratch without perks but with race ...

    Thanks in advance for the MOD so cool and good that I've played ...

    forte.jpg
    I am not entirely sure what you are asking for here, do you want a different Map for Horde Mode (that is starting on the same Map as Base) but then with the beacon? That would not be really useful in my opinion, since you could just go away and use the beacon as trader if the map is really big.

    In Base you can build your base from scratch, but if that would have the same amount of zombies as Horde Mode it would be a really quick game for most.

    Adding a lower difficulty version of Horde Mode is certainly doable, I am still working on the balance and currently it is scaled pretty high and far to difficult for many players. But this is partially because in the most recent versions almost all zombies actually go for the flag location rather than standing around or moving to something else. This makes it that each zombie spawned needs to be killed. Before many were spawned but not everyone got them all. I will make it scale better, but before I can get the proper balance I need to have the new beacon ready as well so that what it sells matches better what can be expected, as well as pricing and availability of coins to match. This balance is not easy and thus I rather take my time to get it right in a beta version than changing it up all the time.

  8. #83
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    0
    maybe dial back the horde mode of ur mod haid as it seems pretty insane and near impossible to maintain

  9. #84
    Inventor Haidrgna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazer777 View Post
    maybe dial back the horde mode of ur mod haid as it seems pretty insane and near impossible to maintain
    Yeah I might tone it down a bit on the later days, it seems to build up a bit to fast for solo players to keep up with.

  10. #85
    Inventor Haidrgna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    1
    I have again made the all versions of the Mod downloadable for those that want to manually install (and server owners). Each version of the mod has its own zip file that can be extracted or its content copied over directly to the game folder. It should overwrite some of the contents of the Data folder and add a Mod folder. Make sure you have a clean copy of the game before you add any mods, you can use Steam to verify the integrity of the game files to obtain a clean copy, if not sure a reinstall will also work but takes more time.

  11. #86
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubyah View Post
    Sorry for the double post. Is there an updated version that works with Valmod? Do I just need the rwgmixer file or something?
    yeah I'd like to use gnamod with valmod, havent been able to get them to work together without errors.

  12. #87
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    469
    Rep Power
    0

    Super stoked to try your MOD

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidrgna View Post
    I have again made the all versions of the Mod downloadable for those that want to manually install (and server owners). Each version of the mod has its own zip file that can be extracted or its content copied over directly to the game folder. It should overwrite some of the contents of the Data folder and add a Mod folder. Make sure you have a clean copy of the game before you add any mods, you can use Steam to verify the integrity of the game files to obtain a clean copy, if not sure a reinstall will also work but takes more time.
    One ? Which version is best for large population rented server not interested in horde version for this reason. Your work looks badass on the tube. Thanks in advance for your time.
    Last edited by Joe. Blow; 01-29-2018 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Spelling

  13. #88
    Inventor Haidrgna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe. Blow View Post
    One ? Which version is best for large population rented server not interested in horde version for this reason. Your work looks badass on the tube. Thanks in advance for your time.
    You should then run the Base version only. That one is intended for extended play. Horde Mode, Nomad Mode both are not suitable for extended play probably, although Nomad Mode could theoretically work if you play with a group, but not sure how it would play on a server with lot of people.

    Necropolis would be suitable for a hardcore server, but it is still in development, its currently way to hard and is also quite resource intensive for any system. Once it is done would be fun to see a server that runs it I guess.

  14. #89
    Inventor Haidrgna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianddra View Post
    yeah I'd like to use gnamod with valmod, havent been able to get them to work together without errors.
    That is never going to work, Valmod is like Gnamod a complete overhaul mod that basically changes the same files. Valmod does almost everything completely different, it might be possible to use some of the Gnamod terrain and biomes, but even then you need to make your own mashup mod.

    I hardly can get enough time to manage my own mods, so I will not be making it compatible to any other mod. Gnamod used to have a world version that worked with Valmod in A15 back when Gnamod was not as complex as it is now.

  15. #90
    Hunter
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidrgna View Post
    I am not entirely sure what you are asking for here, do you want a different Map for Horde Mode (that is starting on the same Map as Base) but then with the beacon? That would not be really useful in my opinion, since you could just go away and use the beacon as trader if the map is really big.

    In Base you can build your base from scratch, but if that would have the same amount of zombies as Horde Mode it would be a really quick game for most.

    Adding a lower difficulty version of Horde Mode is certainly doable, I am still working on the balance and currently it is scaled pretty high and far to difficult for many players. But this is partially because in the most recent versions almost all zombies actually go for the flag location rather than standing around or moving to something else. This makes it that each zombie spawned needs to be killed. Before many were spawned but not everyone got them all. I will make it scale better, but before I can get the proper balance I need to have the new beacon ready as well so that what it sells matches better what can be expected, as well as pricing and availability of coins to match. This balance is not easy and thus I rather take my time to get it right in a beta version than changing it up all the time.

    I did not say that I did not like your MOD, I'm sorry for my English, on the contrary I loved Gnamod Horde very much, if I do not mistake some page of the forum someone or you commented that it would give to play your Gnamod Base Mod or Gnamod Nomad with the zombies of Gnamod Horde, I thought it would be very cool if the zombies attacked us every night just as it is in the Gnamod Horde.

    What's the difference between the Gnamod Base Mod and Gadod Nomad?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •