• 2) Look down the left side of the screen and find My Settings

0 0%
  • 3) Click on Steam Account Link in the My Settings menu

0 0%
  • 4) Follow the directions to link your forum account to your Steam account

0 0%
  • 5) Look at images triumphantly

0 0%
Page 380 of 3001 FirstFirst ... 2803303703783793803813823904304808801380 ... LastLast
Results 5,686 to 5,700 of 45002

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace312 View Post
    I like your electric motor idea, but as you yourself point out, this would push concrete mixing to late game, if nothing else is done.

What if you made the concrete mixer, as it is now, use gas for mixing?

Then later you could upgrade to an electric powered mixer...
    This would slow down your mad build initially, unless you farm massive amounts of shale...
    While later you could mix with ease...
    You could also have the initial motor (oil based) be noisier, increasing the heat map, be slower at mixing, may even jam, etc. The electric (with quality a factor for both) is quieter, quicker, has more torque, does not jam.

I have never seen a non-electric cement mixer that was not a truck or a shovel, but I suppose that they exist or could exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    That's not what we thought you were doing there.
    Making fertilizer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagzambie View Post
    Making fertilizer.
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagzambie View Post
    Making fertilizer.
    That's the best case scenario :-)

Colony Founder
    I might of missed this if it was asked so I apologize if it already been asked and talked about. Will we have to feed the wolf when we tame it? All that dog food I got could come in handy lol

What about loot "type masks" based on the socket zone majority type? In an area with a high concentration of industrial POI's you have a larger chance to score tools, basic metal resources, etc in houses in that zone (employees grafting, hobbyists, whatever) maybe even the chance to find a related 'hobbyist' workstation with random recipes available.

Drug stores and hospitals? Doctors and nurses have to go home too. Surely they would have an empty hypo or medkit on hand due to their profession, right?

Make the mask carry adverse effects as well, the latter might have a chance for greater infection due to environmental contamination, while in the industrial masked socket zone you'd have to contend with the base instincts of the "Real Men" to go home for a nice, hot, brain supper on the table. (Utility workers, lumberjacks, etc.)

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    I might of missed this if it was asked so I apologize if it already been asked and talked about. Will we have to feed the wolf when we tame it? All that dog food I got could come in handy lol
    That sounds like a way of un-taming the wolf.

Quote Originally Posted by TSBX View Post
    Make the mask carry adverse effects as well, the latter might have a chance for greater infection due to environmental contamination, while in the industrial masked socket zone you'd have to contend with the base instincts of the "Real Men" to go home for a nice, hot, brain supper on the table. (Utility workers, lumberjacks, etc.)
    If you're typecasting like that you can't leave out some women around hardware stores and some men around hair stylists.

Ranger
    Considering the wolf as a buddy or ally. Will there be a chance of the wolf companion getting infected? Will there be signs this has happened? Can it be cured? Or is that a potential serious danger you need to contend with in having said companion? Are wolves immune? Since there seems to be no zombie wolves.
    Will there be different class types for training your wolf? (Guard companion (alarm system in a fur coat) plus defense, armored brute (for taking down tougher enemies), pack animal companion (extra space for transporting goods), tracker (for search/track down target missions))

Maybe when NPC’s are fully intergrated you will need a wolf to sniff out those that are infected. Like dogs in the Terminator movies.

So many possibilities...

Obuthan

Quote Originally Posted by Obuthan View Post
    Considering the wolf as a buddy or ally. Will there be a chance of the wolf companion getting infected? Will there be signs this has happened? Can it be cured? Or is that a potential serious danger you need to contend with in having said companion? Are wolves immune? Since there seems to be no zombie wolves.
    Will there be different class types for training your wolf? (Guard companion (alarm system in a fur coat) plus defense, armored brute (for taking down tougher enemies), pack animal companion (extra space for transporting goods), tracker (for search/track down target missions))

Maybe when NPC’s are fully intergrated you will need a wolf to sniff out those that are infected. Like dogs in the Terminator movies.

So many possibilities...

Obuthan
    Can we ride the wolf and attach a 50 cal Turret ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    If you're typecasting like that you can't leave out some women around hardware stores and some men around hair stylists.
    I'm not the one who cut the lumberjill models...
    Last edited by TSBX; 11-28-2017 at 01:47 AM.

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Can we ride the wolf and attach a 50 cal Turret ?
    Lol! Maybe they will consider the Dire Wolf for that?

.......hmmmmmm. Wait a sec. there is nothing saying ‘we’ would be the ones to benefit from this idea.
    Not sure I want to see one of those outside my base. Punching holes in my walls.....unless they carry epic loot.
    Lol.

A bear might be better suited up with a 50 cal. Rocket launcher? Flamer? Lol, oh heck ya. A ‘Flamer-bear’ like the burnt man zombies. Causes burn damage to close targets. Even buildings.

Obuthan
    Last edited by Obuthan; 11-28-2017 at 01:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurelius View Post
    Building a platform and parking the minibikes on top of it doesn't help. I've watched minibikes disappear from player-made terrain as often as from world generated terrain.

-A
    Aye I know, hence why I posted that as a reply to the other poster...

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Tilleen View Post
    That sounds like a way of un-taming the wolf.
    Bahahahahahahaha.... but still make dog and cat food to good use. I have never ate it no matter how starving I was. Make the cat food dog food and sham sandwiches for animals lol

From Joel's twitter:

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Huenink
    Here is a new school bus model Ryan made!
    Last edited by Roland; 11-28-2017 at 03:30 AM. Reason: added quote from Joel