Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official A17 Developer's Diary for Developers

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    As long as we can call the effect that causes the NPC's to suck the "Guppy Effect" I'm happy.
    The Guppy Effect will be a buff from a disgruntled Duke's army soldier where they become passive aggressive about the state of the Dukes army, its leadership, etc. You will get a mission called "Double Agent" where you have to find the spy and take care of him and his acolytes.

Hey Zippo, how are you? It's great to see some old fans here!

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    There is another incentive that does apply to this game:

The owners love what they are doing.
    Speaking of which, I'll be making a new video today!

Quote Originally Posted by BigMikJ View Post
    I for one agree with playlessNamer. I've been through the same situation with Minecraft and don't play it anymore. And the same goes for 7 Days to Die. I still play... but losing interest. Oh and its his opinion... no need to ♥♥♥♥ all over him.
    We don't expect people to play non stop until each alpha comes out. Take a break and check out the next alpha when its ready. It keeps you sane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    (imo just like you have yours ;D) I don't admit it about the weather survival aspect of the game.
    The weather survival can be made (even currently) to function a lot better then it already is (again my opinion and what I have done so far).
    With the new buff system coming down the line and what it seems to imply it can do. It'll become even better and it can be made to be less of a chore and more of something the players need to account for without it being a irritant. So I would rather wait till that happens and see IF they will make it function better.

I believe it has the makings of being a great addition to the game if they want it to be.
    The plan is to remove all negative effects from items. So it will give you +x against cold, and maybe even +x against hot, but it will never make you cold in a hot area, or hot in a cold area. It will just be "positive protection". Whether its enough or not, depends on where you are, perks, quality and magnitude of the protection, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by swidler View Post
    @madmole

- Are you planning to add a swampy biome wrapped in fog?
    - For modmeykers need zombie spawn in the form of a block .. If you do, we will get a bunch of new ideas.

- Do you plan to add the opportunity for players to listen to their music?

- Will there be an analog of the power armor of Fallout 4?

- Will new weapons be added? Homemade muskets, Rifle m4, cannons and martyrs?

cannons:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0zHdwsUdtA

Potato Cannons with Gasoline/Molotov Firebomb Ammo:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQqvcqTbUKc

- Do you plan to add mice, rats and other insects?
    No to all.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    he said he is making a video today... but no where did i see him say we could watch it.... i just had to say that.. ok so now you can throw rocks at me... but seriously i am just kidding with ya.

hey Gam, going on 60 here and i still dont know what the heck figgy pudding is and maybe i dont want to know <rolls eyes around> heard about it all my life just never tried to see what it is or if even real.
    Video is done, and uploading.

New video is up!

Mod Note: The enemy hp bar is a proof of concept artistís first rendition. The thickness of the bar, itís location, and even itís implementation is still under discussion. Your critical feedback is welcome but there is no need for panic.
    Last edited by Roland; 12-23-2017 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaSyt View Post
    I like where you're going with the gun parts. Will the guns or all items have single digit levels now?

I like the enemy health bar idea too but it could be smaller or thinner?
    No that is a quality level bug with the new gun stuff. We basically rewrote tons of it and there are lots of little loose ends to fix.

Quote Originally Posted by almightypmj View Post
    Also, does it correspond to the last enemy in your crosshairs, or can you switch between which enemy it displays somehow?
    It shows your last targeted enemy for 3 seconds or until a new target is acquired.

Quote Originally Posted by Trekkan View Post
    The game is looking really nice, thanks for the updated video!

Watching you walk around the houses, I was thinking, how about some light switches and electrical sockets? Mostly just used to scrap for parts? If they worked, that'd be awesome, but mostly I'd just like to see the dead ones for parts.
    That is a decent idea, I'll add it to my list. Most likely broken ones since "real" electricity parts have a cost to them. More stuff to salvage is always good though.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Hope this arcade trash can be disabled
    With bosses coming it was needed so you know if you even have a chance. Its also a nice way of feeling your actual progression or gauging if an enemy can be slain or not based on the amount of damage you are dishing out. Its actually pretty cool, but no you can't disable it. When you face your first boss you will be glad we put it in. I'm sure mods can disable it, but its a nice way to tell how strong your enemies are.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    In a normal world you simply dont know if a enemy is death. This takes away a huge part of the scare if you know that a enemy will be death in a known amount of hits. And he will not stand up again.

Maybe in a future version you consider to mark bosses a other way. Would be nice for the people that prefer Survival Horror over Arcade Shooter.

But ok, if you say "try the bosses first" we try the bosses first ^^
    I get your point, I wasn't even intending on showing it, its just something that went in recently and we haven't even discussed all the show/hide rules yet and decided on anything final. Like I'm pretty sure we won't show on non hostiles or targets you haven't even engaged yet, or sleepers.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    Nice to see progress on the main features of A17! You know, bandits and breadcrumbs.

Please guys, don't keep on postponing it. I've allmost reached the phase where I'm accepting that bandits and the breadcrumb system will not make it into the game this alpha as well..
    I guess you didn't see the first part of the video where I was showing the gun looking up and down with new animations. That is the only reason bandits aren't in, ♥♥♥♥ty animations blocking us from using them. Just because I didn't show it, doesn't mean its not getting worked on. As proven with this video, people flip out to see unfinished stuff, like the enemy health bar.

Quote Originally Posted by KingSlayerGM View Post
    MadMole you said that bosses are coming, then why did you drop the behemoth? What is the difference?
    Behemoth needs so many special considerations because he's the size of a house. We can do "man sized" bosses easily.