View Poll Results: Viewing Images

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • How to gain permission to view images

    0 0%
  • 1) Click on Settings at the top of this screen

    0 0%
  • 2) Look down the left side of the screen and find My Settings

    0 0%
  • 3) Click on Steam Account Link in the My Settings menu

    0 0%
  • 4) Follow the directions to link your forum account to your Steam account

    0 0%
  • 5) Look at images triumphantly

    0 0%
Page 663 of 3000 FirstFirst ... 16356361365366166266366466567371376311631663 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,945 of 44987

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

  1. #9931
    Hunter ParaSyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    130
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Personally, I hope they donít even implement the story until after gold release. Iíve followed other indev games with stories that get added to bit by bit and it sucks. When Iím ready to play the story Iíll want to do it start to finish without story branches that dead end or put me in an endless loop or create unsolvable paradoxes or stop midway and then require a restart of the entire story.

    Iím too curious to leave it alone if they start doing it bit by bit beforehand.
    Also +1 on this. I'd rather like to think the devs are working on the foundation of the game 100% right now, rather than worrying about the story. A good story can't be written until the world is made complete with great detail. The more detail the better the story IMO.

  2. #9932
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    19,167
    Rep Power
    1
    The fact that there are a few xml only mods for bandits ruins your argument devolver. Like, rapes and pillages it. With a nuclear powered spoon.

  3. #9933
    Inventor Skullberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    884
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    There it is. The weirdest thing I'm going to see today :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fS5wJKiwR4

  4. #9934
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Above dirt
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    1
    For the TL;DR crowd, this is the summary of posts back to page 668.


  5. #9935
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    816
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    The fact that there are a few xml only mods for bandits ruins your argument devolver. Like, rapes and pillages it. With a nuclear powered spoon.
    You know some reactions come just at the right time, some others come late. Reactions have points that can be hit or miss. Your reaction not only came late, but it was a complete miss.

    It's a miss because while I'm pretty sure you picked the bandits as an example just because it's probably one of the easiest alternatives of NPCs to implement at the moment since the player doesn't need to interact with them like they might want to do with friendly survivor NPCs and therefore it's enough to just enable them through xml, their current code is still pretty basic and would have been much better if they had some extra code to make them smarter which as far as I know is impossible to do in xml alone, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

    But your reaction is a miss also because bandits aren't the only NPCs that should be running in the world. What would I mostly love to see are friendly NPC survivors you could interact with and who would actually be doing something more than just standing in one place all day. Again, this requires much more advanced code than is currently available in the base game and standard xml just won't cut it, unless you're fine with the very basic version of their AI.

    If you want more, you do need that extra code like the one provided in Starvation mod that improves the AI little bit, although like I said previously while Starvation is already a very impressive mod, it still lacks some features I personally would love to see. Funny as it may be, it seems like Starvation will have to be enough for me.

    By the way, that nuclear powered weapon you talked about suddenly ran out of fuel and fell back where it was launched from.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by fragtzack View Post
    For the TL;DR crowd, this is the summary of posts back to page 668.

    I like those guys who always bring up TL;DR version of something they didn't read, thank you.

  6. #9936
    Colony Founder Dagzambie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    By the Beard! That's a big wolf!
    Posts
    1,683
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by fragtzack View Post
    For the TL;DR crowd, this is the summary of posts back to page 668.

    Nailed it. With a nuclear hammer!

  7. #9937
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    13,066
    Rep Power
    2
    Thereís 7i.

    Math Teacher/ Moderator

  8. #9938
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    19,167
    Rep Power
    1
    You can also enable followers through xml, but that isn't even what we're talking about.

  9. #9939
    Inventor Gnomaana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    945
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.devolver View Post
    Well, I don't think that I need to prove anything to you, I don't even know you and I don't exactly feel like wasting my time here with you when it's more than clear that what you're looking for is the opportunity to start a fight...
    Says the guy whose post I quoted started with the phrase "You sure know it all." to someone that was just trying to explain the difference between modding and actual game development.

  10. #9940
    Leader Aldranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in a universe near you.
    Posts
    5,734
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    "Super Moderator Bringer of Joy"
    Sounds like a new title for you
    I would rather call Roland: "Secret Santa of A17... and beyond!"

    Aldranon: "Whats this?? 7 days to die is updating to A17 now!! OH! God bless you Secret Santa of A17 and beyond! God bless you very much!"

    No one would know I'm playing A17 RIGHT NOW! Nope. Might even ask is it ready yet, to throw you all off. Yep.


    Oops! Sooo, is A17 ready yet? Yeah...
    Last edited by Aldranon; 02-10-2018 at 05:57 AM.

  11. #9941
    Fun Pimps Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    1,406
    Rep Power
    2
    Alpha_17_2018-02-10_00-13-25.jpg

    Progress. This thing looks like a death trap.

  12. #9942
    Chronic Cougher Ouch Quit It's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,667
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Alpha_17_2018-02-10_00-13-25.jpg

    Progress. This thing looks like a death trap.
    Can you also drive it along the ground? Taxiing?

    Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs

  13. #9943
    Colony Founder Doombringer101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    2,946
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Alpha_17_2018-02-10_00-13-25.jpg

    Progress. This thing looks like a death trap.
    Hats off to you Sir
    You are smashing it out in terms of timeframes, kudos!

  14. #9944
    Ranger
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Above dirt
    Posts
    347
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Can you also drive it along the ground? Taxiing?

    Coughs * VIDEO * Coughs
    That is a cool concept. The law of physics indicates that particular copter would spin out of control soon as taking off and would never reach that altitude. Guess we could suspend basic laws of physics.

    http://howthingsfly.si.edu/ask-an-ex...nd-what-torque

  15. #9945
    Leader Aldranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in a universe near you.
    Posts
    5,734
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Alpha_17_2018-02-10_00-13-25.jpg

    Progress. This thing looks like a death trap.
    "Visit strange and unusual places, meet exotic people... and drop TNT on them!

    *Making the apocalypse safe for little puppies since 1984.*
    Last edited by Aldranon; 02-10-2018 at 07:00 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •