• 2) Look down the left side of the screen and find My Settings

0 0%
  • 3) Click on Steam Account Link in the My Settings menu

0 0%
  • 4) Follow the directions to link your forum account to your Steam account

0 0%
  • 5) Look at images triumphantly

0 0%
Page 671 of 3077 FirstFirst ... 17157162166166967067167267368172177111711671 ... LastLast
Results 10,051 to 10,065 of 46143

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    @fataal

It would be nice if the vehicle xml's have settings like "isFlyer, isSwimmer, isDiver" or something along those lines, that way when we add custom vehicles ourselves we don't have to use wizardry to get them to work.

If y'all haven't already set modders up for success already.
    Some like yourself obviously have, respect for the head Fkbugs. On a serious note. Guppy, I dint na half what you pipe on about backend. but frontend, clearly see the workings, thank you man. your an asset to the crusade

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomaana View Post
    Well, if it is doable I'm sure someone has already. The fact that all of them I see aren't like that leads me to believe that the engineers that designed them probably have a reason. Could be as simple as it does actually become a death trap if you artificially get the blade spinning faster than the current forward momentum would.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the death trap part has nothing to do with getting the blade spinning fast enough for take off. You fail that and you just stay on the ground. I'd say the death trap part comes when you stall the thing out by doing something stupid that kills your forward momentum when you are 100ft up in the air.
    Old Ladders, and the Old Minibike!! Period. my 1st MB killed me 3 times trying to mount. Starting with the bmx may have been better. May? lol

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Learn to READ instead of reading what you want it to say. No one said anything, even remotely, about Engineers being wrong NO WHERE. You are making crap up now!.
    ..And srry! If you pedal a bike and stop pedaling while you are on it! The tires are freely turning or freely spinning no matter how you try and refute it!

I'm going to stop now. Have fun with your response with some other make believe argument.
    Where did I say you all mentioned engineers? I made a simple comment back to someone, not you by the way, about whether connecting pedals was a good idea. Hint: It's not, or someone would have done it in the last 100 years. You then jumped in and wanted to argue the definition of "free spinning". Which barely had anything to do with whether it would be a good idea or not anyway.

There are reasons they are UNPOWERED. And not having to compensate for torque is pretty much the biggest of those. Anything that changes that would have to be compensated for in some other way and you would no longer have the same type of aircraft.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    My god. Get a room. =)

#tensionisreal

My god. Get a room. =)

#tensionisreal

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Denial my friend. =)

1 problem I see with vehicles entering water is basically it is a block entering the water, like a wood frame. it destroys the water leaving those holes.

question, will vehicles act as blocks or entities? entities wouldnt leave the holes

Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    1 problem I see with vehicles entering water is basically it is a block entering the water, like a wood frame. it destroys the water leaving those holes.

question, will vehicles act as blocks or entities? entities wouldnt leave the holes
    They're already entities, so no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagzambie View Post
    Gentlemen! You can't fight in here! This is the War Room!
    Nah, there's enough bickering and I don't need to add to it. Guppy started it by dashing my hopes with the trees though..

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Faatal...if the gyro is to be added in game...whenever....shouldnt some type of airport POI be put into game to find parts or a full one? Would be nice . Are your POI guys working on one. I made 2 types that are pretty basic ...
    Airport maybe, but in a few months or years of apocalypse things could get moved around, so finding a gyrocopter would be fine in a garage or backyard, since maybe they flew it home to get to their family and that is where it was left.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Eagle LXIX View Post
    With all the new vehicles I was wondering what considerations have been given to world size and the issues involved as one traverses further from 0,0?
    Examples:
    Will world size be increasing?
    Will the shakes, separation, and shadow issues (basically distance from 0,0 issues) be fixed?
    How do the distance from 0,0 issues impact vehicle usage?
    Size, maybe.
    The game now has a dynamic origin point, which seems to be working well.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomaana View Post
    Well, if it is doable I'm sure someone has already. The fact that all of them I see aren't like that leads me to believe that the engineers that designed them probably have a reason. Could be as simple as it does actually become a death trap if you artificially get the blade spinning faster than the current forward momentum would.

Plus, I'm pretty sure the death trap part has nothing to do with getting the blade spinning fast enough for take off. You fail that and you just stay on the ground. I'd say the death trap part comes when you stall the thing out by doing something stupid that kills your forward momentum when you are 100ft up in the air.
    Death trap was a joke about the fact you are sitting in an open frame, with your feet hanging off the seat in open air. It looks like you could easily die, but gyro vehicles supposedly have a very good safety record in the real world.
    Last edited by faatal; 02-12-2018 at 03:17 AM.

Fun Pimps Staff
    @fataal

It would be nice if the vehicle xml's have settings like "isFlyer, isSwimmer, isDiver" or something along those lines, that way when we add custom vehicles ourselves we don't have to use wizardry to get them to work.

If y'all haven't already set modders up for success already.
    Hopefully I'll get a lot of stuff in xml, so fun can be had.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post

As Guppycur said, they are entities. You can drive/fly any of them in water currently and they do nothing to water blocks.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Size, maybe.
    The game now has a dynamic origin point, which seems to be working well.
    Heh! We ran into that when making an endless runner in Unity. We had to roll the terrain under the player like a treadmill. I donít know how that would work in multiplayer, though. Is the origin point set locally for each client?