Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by wordwaster View Post
    the slow pimps.

the pus pimples.

the lame punks.

the man pumps.

you guys suck.

boo! boo! BOO i say! BOO!

what? i find a little stress helps improve productivity. not too much stress, mind. but too little and you just procrastinate.
    Programming and system design is stressful enough on it's own. I'm not digging ditches here.

Quote Originally Posted by cnconrad View Post
    People are entitled douchebags. Kinyajuu no offense but your age is showing.

"All of the thinly veiled insults, mean comments, and talking down on us does nothing but add irritation and stress to the process. Honestly, why do some of you talk so rudely to the folks making a game you like? I honestly don't understand it."

I work in the public sector and let me tell you that even if you are fixing their water line because it broke in the middle of night in sub zero temps because they have no water.

People are still rude d bags. It doesn't matter what you are doing for them.
    My age is showing? So do my words have less meaning because of my age or because I became a programmer instead of working in the public sector? This isn't about who's tougher, or if people do that all over. It's about standing up politely and saying "stop it, I'm already getting the job done"

How does any of that show age? And honestly, how old do you think I am?

32?

higher

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post

Well said. I wouldn't take it too personally though. I think most of the passion stems from loving the game.

And folks, you know how the phrase goes.. If you don't have anything nice to say..

(come sit by me)
    Oh it's not personal. I have a thick skin. I've been around since A1, I've heard everything there is to hear at this point. But some people need to be told, in a nice way, that they are spewing vitrol and poisoning the thread.

But as you see above. It usually goes right over their heads...

i was going to say 36. but i'm a polite sort; as everyone knows and anyone that contradicts that is a filthy liar, and thought it would be better to under shoot than to insult.
    We have a winner! :P

see? now THAT was condescension.

not saying it was inappropriate. i agree entirely with the sentiment. just saying people should know what words mean before they use them.

(and yes, that was incepdescension)
    Someone call a doctor we have a 3rd degree burn here!

Well, lunch is over, back to work for me. Have fun now that I've stirred the pot a bit

No not that your age means any less man. It's just that you are not jaded.

Please don't take offense where none is offered. It's more about assuring you that people behave that way regardless of the industry you are in.

If you work with the public in any manner they will disappoint you.

Come on kinyajuu there was no harm meant. If possible would like a reply simply letting me know you read this second part and there was no condescension meant, if anything it was more of a offer of camaraderie at the fact that people will yell at you WHILE you are working on exactly what they want.
    Hehe okay, didn't really think any harm was meant was more not understanding what you were trying to say. I'm, well, a bit socially ... uh.. awkward? As my grandmother would have said, I'm very particular and take things too literally without realizing it. My family gets a lot of chuckles out of pulling my leg.

Yeah, I've worked in several customer facing jobs up until my programming career. Then when I started game dev it kinda goes hand in hand a lot of the times. I try to be a little less aggressive and literal but sometimes I forget myself.

I'm 36 btw. I am actually very jaded but I feel if me saying they are being rude it might, just might, make a small difference in the world. Sometimes people say things they don't mean or sometimes make the situation out to be much worse than it is. The negative people will always be that way, but sometimes people just get caught up in their stuff and forget themselves too.

Last edited by madmole; 03-21-2018 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam2535 View Post
    MM, terrain looks amazing. Those weapon mods are bad ass. Can't wait to see all the changes/new stuff you didn't mention.
    It's pretty substantial. Essentially you guys will be able to customize your weapons in about every aspect. Reload speed, scopes, silencers, range, larger magazines, switch to fully auto, semi auto or single shot, etc. Of course lower quality weapons have less free mod slots, so their customization is more limited.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Yeh, I noticed that... I hope it's a precursor to jumping small gaps and not simply a collider issue with nests or whatever they were running into.

@MM, what in house terrain editor did you land on? Was it Gaia?
    We just use a height map, so you can use Gaia or world machine, 3ds, etc to make your height map (or photoshop) and import it in as a raw file. Once its in unity you can edit it with the standard unity editing tools, paint etc.

Madmole, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for removing weapon parts. This is Sooooo much better.
    Yes now you just craft guns from forged iron, mechanical parts, wood, plastic, etc, then loot or buy mods to modify them.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfbain5 View Post
    like the new terrain, can still see some seems, but it looks soo much better.

Weapon mods are coming along well, you demo'd most of them it seems except the silencer.... hope to see that soon. Any archery mod love?
    Plans for it for sure, and maybe some work has been done. I just selected a few things that were mostly functional to show today. We're busting ass on it.

on gun crafting and mod NOTcrafting:

You cannot craft mods, they will be found in loot, treasure, quest rewards, and possibly secret stash. They don't need tiers since we aren't limited on item ids anymore, that means more specifically named mods that might do similar things but with wildly different side effects. This is more horizontal so it didn't make sense to have one thing be T1 and another be T2 when they aren't technically better than the other, they just share a common main stat. This means you won't be looking for a purple mag extender. You'll be looking for a 45 round AR banana clip, 20 round extended pistol clip, etc. One variant may cause it to randomly jam (jerry rigged some crazy spring system to allow for it) while another might alter the kick from the change in weight. Just two examples off the top of my head, nothing that's put in as such yet. I exposed a LOT of variables so we have tons of things to mess with.

We have a progression system that we have put a lot of design work into for a17. You won't be crafting high tier items in week 2, not without sacrificing on improving something else early on. You'll be allowed to focus on just grinding up your intellect/crafting skill all you want. But doing so means not improving your max stamina, max hp, melee abilities, tool usage, etc until later on. So sure, you'll be able to make nice guns but you'll be crap at handling them until you start putting points into that too.

You definitely won't be swimming in exactly what you want. We've always been pretty good at keeping that from happening.

The Rate of fire mod in the video was a 200% fire speed. It was simply for showing off what the new systems are capable of and you likely won't find a mod in vanilla that would make the pistol fire 600 rounds per minute. Showing a slight difference in speed isn't all that exciting but even a small bump in RPM, say 60, means another round of X damage per second. So numerically it adds up faster than visually hence cranking it up to 11.5 for the video.

/mini_data_dump
    Last edited by Kinyajuu; 03-22-2018 at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    The guns you can craft will be so basic you won't want to waste the ammo by using it in that gun.
    They would actually be decent but adding mods will make them... better. Always.

There won't be the one mod that you must have to the exclusion of all others. (I'm looking at you, gun barrels!)
    That was a major design flaw that we got rid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    I wonder what kind of mods will be used on the .44 Magnum and knives.
    Can we get extended mags for the .44 and a silencer for the knife?
    Silencer, cylinder extender and a carrying strap.