• █████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • A17-E releases when the HP Bar Runs Out

0 0%
  • ████████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • When the xp bar fills, the HP bar will take a hit

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: May 21

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: May 21

0 0%
Page 690 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 1905906406806886896906916927007407901190 ... LastLast
Results 10,336 to 10,350 of 18755

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Orsey View Post
    Will the gyrocopter get damaged when the screw hits trees, houses and other obstacles? Now the video shows that the screw passes through the trees.
    Probably. It does not have a collider currently.

Survivor
    Great new video + additions... Can't wait to try it all

I just hope the Gyro isnt too overpowered for the game and that u can bypass all difficulties... It would be great to see some additional dangers coming from the sky...

Refugee
    Many peple will use jeep to avoid blood moon horde, i guess. So what about anelectric storm during blood moon? I mean that storm will turn off all vehicles and, maybe, base things like lights and others. To avoid turning off base electrical structures you need to build a storm shield generator. Any thoughts?

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerDB View Post
    But what stupid miniscule feature will trigger people now?...
    I thought so too whenever I read a new question about the SP drop the last days.

But then I put myself into the shoes of someone who doesn't follow the forum and just has the information of what Roland put on page 1. I don't remember the words exactly but I think something like "SP is dropped and unified with MP" without a deeper explanation would raise my eyebrows as well. It is not at all clear what is meant by it and could be interpreted in a lot of ways.

If you want to test it, just lobotomize yourself at the next psychiatric clinic to remove your knowledge about this feature, then read only that sentence above. You will be shocked

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    big things which were promised for A17; Bandits/NPC and zombie-AI
    You mean the things they promised by us talking about them. They did it with delegated promising.
    Last edited by meganoth; 02-13-2018 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Not done....Hordes will deal with you one way other the other. Yes, it should sound similar to the minibike.

Not done...Damage will be tweaked.

Not done...Oxygen will go down.

Not done...Some things are easier to show than others. We are working on it.
    Many thanks for the reply mate. Really appriciated!

Quote Originally Posted by dhlmaster View Post
    Does this mean that if I want to change a recipe or item property on my server, I can upload the new xml file and have the change go live without restarting the server? Will there be a console command for this, or does it happen automatically when a new file is uploaded?
    I don't think the updated xml would be sent to the clients.
    But does it mean that an xml could be updated on server and it won't affect anyone online at that time but when they log off and log in again later they will notice the changes even if the server wasn't restarted?

Not done....Hordes will deal with you one way other the other. Yes, it should sound similar to the minibike.

Not done...Damage will be tweaked.

Not done...Oxygen will go down.

Not done...Some things are easier to show than others. We are working on it.

1. Thank you for answering so many questions.

B. Are you now Mini Madmole?

Purple. If yes for B does that make "Not done" your "Soon" catch phrase?

I have been asking about steering with mouse so long that I am still in shock from seeing it in green in the first post. (that's not tears it's allergies)

I am not really a fan of the gyrocopter in this game "Mad Max fail", however I can see it as an end game quest to fly you out over the radiated zone to a secure military installation or something. Perhaps taking you into another map or 7DTD-II.

I think the gyrocopter takes you away from the whole point of the game...zombie apocalypse. You will now be able to avoid the zombies even more. Maybe have a few vultures attack...big deal. It looks cool and probably fun to have dogfights or try to ram your friends or something, but I feel its just not the right vehicle for this game. IMO, I would rather these resources be put into all the other systems that have been lacking for quite a long time. Temperature, Clothing, Bread Crumb system, Weather, Bandits, Zombie AI, Quests, Weapons, New Blocks, etc, etc . Basically the last few videos are of MM driving around. Cool but ...

I know that MM said in the video , that a few bugs popped up, but the "meat and potatoes" of A17 is what I am waiting for...vehicles, not so much. I rarely even use minibikes in game because of the issues, unless traveling to a friends base that is on the other side of the map. Just more of a hassle I guess. Takes you out of the game in my opinion.
    Just have to wait and see I guess.

Regards
    Ouch

MTFGA

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Again, whats the difference to the minibike? Were you in any real danger while sitting on the minibike at any time in the last year?
    He said overpowering.. which does mean safety from monsters but it also means being able to fly trader to trader or Fly directly to treasure maps etc. It will for sure have serious impact on long term servers but outside of that.. right now easy game is easy game.

Waiting for loot, balance, bandits, AI etc. Waiting to be challenged again!

in pimps we trust

-Lad

Refugee
    How about showing us a video with the zombie pathing fixed instead of wandering targets running around in circles on horde night. Quit adding silly ♥♥♥♥ if the AI mechanics need so much work. This is a big part as to why you guys have lost so many players....

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    But does it mean that an xml could be updated on server and it won't affect anyone online at that time but when they log off and log in again later they will notice the changes even if the server wasn't restarted?
    Probably, since I think xml gets sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    B. Are you now Mini Madmole?
    If yes for B does that make "Not done" your "Soon" catch phrase?
    I think I'm at peace and prefer daylight, but my office used to be in the basement...

Catch phrase? Not done. Still working on that...

so can I use the blades to chop up zombies? I am thinking flying low at a bit of an angle to hack at zombies with blades.

also, can I drop explosives or grenades from choppers on zombies? if not a passenger with exploding bolts would be Vietnam like.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck View Post
    so can I use the blades to chop up zombies? I am thinking flying low at a bit of an angle to hack at zombies with blades.

also, can I drop explosives or grenades from choppers on zombies? if not a passenger with exploding bolts would be Vietnam like.
    No offense..but there just aren't enough zombies in a game---especially on MP where you are so spread out for the need to do this. Its not like you are going over 100 zombies at a time...maybe 3-4 if you are lucky. This is where I would like to see gains...the number of zombies in game increased to really make it challenging. This would add to upper level loot and bases being more susceptible to attack and damage, which really hasn't been addressed at all. More of a challenge.

Regards

Ouch

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ladarian View Post
    He said overpowering.. which does mean safety from monsters but it also means being able to fly trader to trader or Fly directly to treasure maps etc.
    Ok, it might be less hassle to avoid trees when you are above them. Still, with the minibike I am able to drive trader to trader as effortlessly and safe as with a gyro (I am assuming here that the gyro isn't faster as the fastest land vehicle, which is very propable). Hitting the steering keys once in a while to avoid trees is a nuisance but the absense of that doesn't make something overpowered, just more comfortable. Same for treasures, no problem getting there by minibike.

Oh wait, I forgot the water! Ok, yes, finally the gyro would be a vehicle that could cross water on a direct route. That would make it a time saver. Overpovered no (except on PVP worlds), but end game prize for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladarian View Post
    It will for sure have serious impact on long term servers but outside of that.
    I think for PVP it will be a risky bussiness to fly as any player with a (sniper) rifle could probably remove you quite easily from the skies.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    I think for PVP it will be a risky bussiness to fly as any player with a (sniper) rifle could probably remove you quite easily from the skies.
    ...but that will also be hysterical.