• █████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • A17-E releases when the HP Bar Runs Out

0 0%
  • ████████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • When the xp bar fills, the HP bar will take a hit

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: May 21

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: May 21

0 0%
Page 691 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 1915916416816896906916926937017417911191 ... LastLast
Results 10,351 to 10,365 of 18755

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    @faatal

Dear phsyics guy. Can you explain to us plebes what the deal is with characters being taller than 2 blocks clipping through doors is? Is it the same thing as 4 leggeds clipping through walls?

Thanks in advance.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    That was fun to watch. Thanks for the mouse auto-steering option!
    Iím just a little surprised that itís tied to the left mouse button. It kind of precludes shooting from a vehicle. At least itís not bound to Q.

The top speed of the Jeep was also satisfying, if not phenomenal. I didnít notice any loading delays.

My biggest desire for road vehicles is still that driving through debris or tall grass slows down the vehicle, rather than only all-or-nothing Ďhardí collisions. I think this is important for distinguishing the vehicles from each other and making the roads more than just a different texture.

I think Iíll enjoy the change of scenery in the fall-themed forest for at least an Alpha, before it becomes same-old same-old and Iíll pine for seasons so we can have the best of both worlds.
    Last edited by Crater Creator; 02-13-2018 at 07:25 PM. Reason: typo

Scavenger
    Watched new MM video. I am not fan of gyrocopter, but Jeep....
    Nice Job! nice Job on Jeep.
    Cant wait to try it out.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I don't think the updated xml would be sent to the clients.

Is that actual? I've heard recently that changing the server (adding a plastic feather recipe) did in fact go out to clients w/o anything doen on their end. It really confused me hearing this as I thought the opposite would be the case.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by JCrook1028 View Post
    Is that actual? I've heard recently that changing the server (adding a plastic feather recipe) did in fact go out to clients w/o anything doen on their end. It really confused me hearing this as I thought the opposite would be the case.
    I meant it probably is not sent the second you change and reload xml on a server. When a client connects it should be sent. This is a guess. I made it reload, but didn't write all the rest of that code, so not sure.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    @faatal

Dear phsyics guy. Can you explain to us plebes what the deal is with characters being taller than 2 blocks clipping through doors is? Is it the same thing as 4 leggeds clipping through walls?

Thanks in advance.
    Not sure, but I'd guess it is mismatches between sizes/shapes of meshes vs colliders/controllers.

Scavenger
    We are aware. The main problem is the 45 degree angle on those blocks. A real bridge would slope less or really it would be flat.
    I have suggestion. Make road material to snap perfectly with non natural blocks(bricks, metal plates....). This way you can lower bridge to road level. Problem solved

But on other hand adding ability for jeep to jump through any 45į block would be even better!

A big animal you don't want to meet.

No. The car was just a test of 4 wheeled vehicles until I got the jeep model.
    With my luck I am sure we will meet on day one right after I craft my first arrow.

I am hoping the jeep, motorcycle, and g-copter models are at least templates for modders to tinker with and make a variety of vehicles. It would be nice to have a fast but fragile car, a slow but max inventory space van, maybe a slow bus that can seat 6+ players, and of course a truck with many speakers and a flamethrower guitarist on top.

Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Again, whats the difference to the minibike? Were you in any real danger while sitting on the minibike at any time in the last year?
    Youíre right - the A16 minibike is overpowered and needs attention, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Removed the line about SP being removed and unified with MP. Who knew that one line would cause so much angst. So now all it reads is that the Pause feature works in MP as long as you are playing solo. Nothing but good news to make everyone happy.

Also I added Distant Trees since even though Joel didn't specifically mention it, it is pretty obviously in and looks great! People were speculating on it from faatal's pics but in the video it is conclusive.
    Maybe add the gyrocopter to the Ďmaybeí list?

...Maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Maybe add the gyrocopter to the ‘maybe’ list?

...Maybe?
    Hell No!!!! Not until it is confirmed. 80% of the community is blind to the word "maybe"

Also....what maybe list?

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafuteensky View Post
    Many peple will use jeep to avoid blood moon horde, i guess. So what about anelectric storm during blood moon? I mean that storm will turn off all vehicles and, maybe, base things like lights and others. To avoid turning off base electrical structures you need to build a storm shield generator. Any thoughts?
    A random chance at your generators being powered down would kind of be interesting. Just imagine horde night being in full swing, you watch your blade traps just chewing it up, with no danger to you. Suddenly your base blacks out, all the lights are gone, all you have is your night visions and an ďoh fckĒ look on your face as you mad scramble to get prepared because they are coming in hard

Reconstructionist
    Hell No!!!! Not until it is confirmed. 80% of the communityi is blind to the word "maybe"

Also....what maybe list?

Atleast add the bandits I saw running around on the ground while he was flying.

Also I added Distant Trees since even though Joel didn't specifically mention it, it is pretty obviously in and looks great! People were speculating on it from faatal's pics but in the video it is conclusive.
    Best new feature so far!
    Transition between near and distant water also looks a lot smoother.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    What's the difference between that and riding on the minibike on horde nights?
    For that matter, you can sit the first and every subsequent horde night out mining underground, no fuel consumption needed.

Quote Originally Posted by art1336 View Post
    For that matter, you can sit the first and every subsequent horde night out mining underground, no fuel consumption needed.
    Youíre right - thatís overpowered and needs attention, too.