• █████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • A17-E releases when the HP Bar Runs Out

0 0%
  • ████████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • When the xp bar fills, the HP bar will take a hit

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: May 21

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: May 21

0 0%
Page 692 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 1925926426826906916926936947027427921192 ... LastLast
Results 10,366 to 10,380 of 18755

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomaana View Post
    "So now, people can't insist their way of playing the game has to be played by everyone."
    Learn to let go? Really, everyone else that bought the game really wants more game update info, silly jokes, and harangues by Trolland.

Survivor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shafuteensky View Post
    Many peple will use jeep to avoid blood moon horde, i guess. So what about anelectric storm during blood moon? I mean that storm will turn off all vehicles and, maybe, base things like lights and others. To avoid turning off base electrical structures you need to build a storm shield generator. Any thoughts?
    The quickest and easiest way to avoid a blood moon horde is to just go down to your tunnel system and dig. I get that a lot of people don't want the danger taken away, but you can literally live underground and only come up every once in a while to tend to your farm.
    On a server, I blew open a huge hole in the ground so I could plant huge snow covered trees all around my dinner table in my underground lair in the middle of the desert. Before that, I placed a huge wall two blocks thick with three rows of spikes all around it, and it goes to bedrock. I can plant trees and food underground where my water reservoir keeps me eternally hydrated and nothing can ever get to me. Sit out horde night? Nah, we have pits we let them fall into surrounded by iron bars so we can shoot "fish in a barrel" style.

Moral of the story? If you want to skip the horde you can and will. The jeep will not fundamentally change that.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Your solo game can now be played as a multiplayer game if you choose, and vise versa. There is only one game now, whether it is solo or MP is up to your connection settings not a game mode. Because before you could start a single player game by accident and then want your friends to play on your world but couldn't. It still pauses too if nobody is connected, like SP used to.
    Thanks for the explaination. Now i'm really looking forward for the new update

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by art1336 View Post
    The quickest and easiest way to avoid a blood moon horde is to just go down to your tunnel system and dig. I get that a lot of people don't want the danger taken away, but you can literally live underground and only come up every once in a while to tend to your farm.
    On a server, I blew open a huge hole in the ground so I could plant huge snow covered trees all around my dinner table in my underground lair in the middle of the desert. Before that, I placed a huge wall two blocks thick with three rows of spikes all around it, and it goes to bedrock. I can plant trees and food underground where my water reservoir keeps me eternally hydrated and nothing can ever get to me. Sit out horde night? Nah, we have pits we let them fall into surrounded by iron bars so we can shoot "fish in a barrel" style.

Moral of the story? If you want to skip the horde you can and will. The jeep will not fundamentally change that.
    Easiest way is to mod it out of the gamestages.xml file. In fact it should be the ONLY way

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    I think I'm at peace and prefer daylight, but my office used to be in the basement...
    Office use to be in basement ....so was it moved closer to the surface are were you moved closer to the sewer.

Catch phrase? Not done. Still working on that...
    I also saw what you did there.....

Yeah when I feel like skipping a blood moon night , I just go into my mining system and work down there all night...kind of cheesy and
    I have hopes THAT will get fixed in some way or another eventually...

Reconstructionist
    Learn to let go? Really, everyone else that bought the game really wants more game update info, silly jokes, and harangues by Trolland.
    I was quoting someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrook1028 View Post
    Is that actual? I've heard recently that changing the server (adding a plastic feather recipe) did in fact go out to clients w/o anything doen on their end. It really confused me hearing this as I thought the opposite would be the case.
    I don't know if there's a change in a17 to make that possible, or if that's something that happens on some servers due to how the server is set up from an OS point of view. But I know that in my rented server that I've had since a14, if I change an xml file, I usually have to restart the server from the control panel on the server host's web site. Also, when I change xml files on my local game, I think I have had to shut the game down completely and go back into it before I see the change.

Easiest way to skip the bloodmoon:
    For server play, log out.
    For single-player game, F1 settime X 4 0
    Change the X to the current day plus 1. So to skip the first horde night change X to 8.

But if you do these things you miss out on experiencing a key feature of the game and you also miss out on a boatload of XP. It's a risk for reward system. If you don't take the risk, you don't get the reward or experience the full game, and that is it's own punishment.
    Last edited by dhlmaster; 02-13-2018 at 09:52 PM.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    Office use to be in basement ....so was it moved closer to the surface are were you moved closer to the sewer.
    I don't smell anything and I see more light so I'd say surface.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Iím just a little surprised that itís tied to the left mouse button. It kind of precludes shooting from a vehicle. At least itís not bound to Q.
    LMB is just for testing. The setting will live in the new vehicle controls tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Gobarg View Post
    Holy Crap!
    I woke up this morning!
    You may laugh but for me that is a freaking amazing thing right now!
    Lotsa love to you all.
    Gobarg.

(cept for Roland of course hehe j/k)
    Gobarg! Glad to see you up and around!

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Not sure, but I'd guess it is mismatches between sizes/shapes of meshes vs colliders/controllers.
    Oh, which dev does that so I can pester them? =)

...I'm also asking for selfish reasons, as my own entities, despite having colliders matching the meshes, also clip through blocks above 2 high...

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Oh, which dev does that so I can pester them? =)

...I'm also asking for selfish reasons, as my own entities, despite having colliders matching the meshes, also clip through blocks above 2 high...
    Which might be part of the difficulties that caused behemoths to be postponed/killed?

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    Which might be part of the difficulties that caused behemoths to be postponed/killed?
    That's likely, yes. But I also legit don't like bears being to easy via the door/fence bug.