View Poll Results: Alpha 17 HP

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • █████████████████████████████████

    0 0%
  • A17-E releases when the HP Bar Runs Out

    0 0%
  • ████████████████████████████████████

    0 0%
  • When the xp bar fills, the HP bar will take a hit

    0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

    0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: May 21

    0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: May 21

    0 0%
Page 696 of 1251 FirstFirst ... 1965966466866946956966976987067467961196 ... LastLast
Results 10,426 to 10,440 of 18756

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

  1. #10426
    Survivor Mikee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    94
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by noelie3107 View Post
    im listening to the games sounds and its incredibly hard to discern where the zombies and animals are coming from and how far away they are.

    Question in A17 is there any work going on toward spatial sounds and being able to tell which area the sounds are coming from as i am assuming that most gamers would have even the most basic stereo headphones

    thanks for your time
    bump

  2. #10427
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by KingSlayerGM View Post
    Hey guys, I just notice this old post from MadMole. So better AI for zombies is coming in A17, right?
    Why is it not listed in the first post Roland?
    IMHO itsnt anymore on the list.

  3. #10428
    Inventor
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    754
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Made a new vehicle motor/force system today. Fully runs from xml. Converted gyro to use and the gyro has almost no code now.
    Modders should like this.
    So vehicles run on xml instead of gasoline now. Do we have to search for fuel in internet cafes now?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingSlayerGM View Post
    Hey guys, I just notice this old post from MadMole. So better AI for zombies is coming in A17, right?
    Why is it not listed in the first post Roland?
    Notice that madmole says there is a new pathing algo, but he doesn't say whether it is finished or going into A17.

    Quote Originally Posted by archergod View Post
    So you are saying that though Fun pimps are not sure to make gyro in A17, but modder surely can add that and more such flying things. Nice. Thanks
    TFP has different quality requirements than modders, no surprise there.

    I think faatals post could mean gyro is more likely to show up in A17 now, since he makes good progress on the vehicle front. Or it could mean that they might keep gyro out themselves and watch what modders do with it and what problems they run into.

  4. #10429
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    1
    I just hope that they add some sort of Airport POI's with the Gyrocopter.

    Maybe latter, tie them into missions from NPC's to find, build and even flying missions.

  5. #10430
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston-ish, Texas
    Posts
    17,649
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    Almost perfect: You pluck the Zombie bears up... and also drop them on the bandit bases. Eventually, the bears will get hungry again (Lore question: are zombies always hungry?) and move away. You walk in and pick out the jeep that says: "This is me".

    Drive off for the win!

    Edit: Speaking of win, the last 10 hours of this forum have been pretty win IMO
    -More realistic challenge to underground.
    -More rewarding experience to building above ground (need a landing pad and to protect your air force!)
    -Generally super hype worthy things coming out of A17!
    -Guppy was only a little snarky to Roland and I'll call that a win!
    -You know the last 10 hours were interesting if I actually read every post!

    ...and Happy Valentines day!
    Waiting on my breakfast delivered to my computer desk, generally a three course meal that will take me all day to finish. Got to keep my strength UP...
    My snark fuels Roland; it's an integral part of our dynamic. One time, I wasn't snarky to him, and he was so lost in grief that he deleted me, and the forums shut down for a day. True (ish) story.
    Last edited by Guppycur; 02-14-2018 at 02:51 PM.

  6. #10431
    Tracker DeadMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Clearly abandonware...
    In all seriousness, it almost does sound like it at this point. Sounds like it's been in early access for so long, they are just trying to wrap things up as soon as they can now.

    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Alpha 17 is beta, and by all rights SHOULD have been a sequel there is so much work being done.
    How can it be a beta when there's still so many important features missing?

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    If its beta.. all major features should be included, correct? Bandits?
    And the new AI, Behemoth, quests, storyline and a plethora of other features that were mentioned and are still missing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    A17 is a HUGE change, so much in fact it is almost like a move from alpha to beta. In effect, it is also almost like getting a sequel game for free since it doesn't cost you anything and changes so much of the game.

    It is not literally beta nor is it literally a sequel.

    Learn to take a joke?
    Eh, no. It wasn't a joke. MM said A17 is nearly beta at the end of this video. 7 Days Alpha 17 off road vehicles

    He also meant they changed so many things it's almost like a sequel, while in fact the game didn't change all that much ever since I started playing A14.
    Last edited by DeadMole; 02-14-2018 at 03:32 PM.

  7. #10432
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,598
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    My snark fuels Roland; it's an integral part of our dynamic. One time, I wasn't snarky to him, and he was so lost in grief that he deleted me, and the forums shut down for a day. True (ish) story.
    Translation: I made it all up.

  8. #10433
    Leader Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In between
    Posts
    5,060
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadMole View Post
    In all seriousness, it almost does sound like it at this point. Sounds like it's been in early access for so long, they are just trying to wrap things up as soon as they can now.



    How can it be a beta when there's still so many important features missing?



    And the new AI, Behemoth, quests, storyline and a plethora of other features that were mentioned and are still missing.



    Eh, no. It wasn't a joke. MM said A17 is nearly beta at the end of this video. 7 Days Alpha 17 off road vehicles

    He also meant they changed so many things it's almost like a sequel, while in fact the game didn't change all that much ever since I started playing A14.
    My own speculation and I could be just as wrong or right as your speculation:

    I don't think MM was actually meaning A17 is going to be beta but was doing a comparison from what we have, to what is being worked on in A17 currently. With the way he stated it though it's very understandable ppl could not be sure with how he wrote it through.

    As far as having enough stuff for this to be a sequel? Compared to what this game was originally slated to have from the kickstarter, it does have enough stuff for it to have been a sequel or at least an expansion pack. At least with everything said to be coming.

    Just my thoughts..

  9. #10434
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    598
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    My own speculation and I could be just as wrong or right as your speculation:

    I don't think MM was actually meaning A17 is going to be beta but was doing a comparison from what we have, to what is being worked on in A17 currently. With the way he stated it though it's very understandable ppl could not be sure with how he wrote it through.

    As far as having enough stuff for this to be a sequel? Compared to what this game was originally slated to have from the kickstarter, it does have enough stuff for it to have been a sequel or at least an expansion pack. At least with everything said to be coming.

    Just my thoughts..
    The refusal to talk about bandits is my only concern. I just pray they didnt go the way of the behometh.

  10. #10435
    Hunter ParaSyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    114
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Made a new vehicle motor/force system today. Fully runs from xml. Converted gyro to use and the gyro has almost no code now.
    Modders should like this.
    Awesome! I see why your name is faatal, because you're kiilling it! Nice job.

  11. #10436
    Tracker DeadMole's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    207
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    I don't think MM was actually meaning A17 is going to be beta but was doing a comparison from what we have, to what is being worked on in A17 currently. With the way he stated it though it's very understandable ppl could not be sure with how he wrote it through.

    As far as having enough stuff for this to be a sequel? Compared to what this game was originally slated to have from the kickstarter, it does have enough stuff for it to have been a sequel or at least an expansion pack. At least with everything said to be coming.
    He said in the video it's going to be nearly beta, so unless they add a ton of features in the next couple of alphas (which is quite possible) then the game won't nearly be finished.

    Well sure, if you do compare what it is now to alpha 1 (I started playing on alpha 14, but watched videos of all previous versions) it changed a lot, but it didn't change all that much since quite a few versions.

  12. #10437
    Leader Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In between
    Posts
    5,060
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    The refusal to talk about bandits is my only concern. I just pray they didnt go the way of the behometh.
    IDK to me it's a big feature for most ppl and I can understand them wanting to hold off on talking about it. If everything goes well they can hype that to no end during their release. If the bandits don't turn out the way they want it.. well.. no need to hype.

    I just hope they don't use the bandits (if/when they come out) as the main late game threat. As far as I know it still seems like they aren't sure if what we have are actual "Zombies" or "Special Infected". Personally I pulling for "Special Infected" over "Zombies" but that's just a personal preference and I hope they are still the main threat throughout the game.

  13. #10438
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,626
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadMole View Post
    Eh, no. It wasn't a joke. MM said A17 is nearly beta at the end of this video. 7 Days Alpha 17 off road vehicles

    He also meant they changed so many things it's almost like a sequel, while in fact the game didn't change all that much ever since I started playing A14.
    His actual words were "nearly beta but not actually beta" and "it's getting very close". He then followed that up with the fact they're changing nearly everything and there is "so much more to come" (right at the end). So it's not like they're going to go directly to beta without some additional alpha testing and features. It may not be a make you laugh joke but it is certain to me that he didn't say that expecting people to interpret it literally. There may not be an A19 but there will be an A18 based on everything I've heard and seen.

  14. #10439
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    7,604
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    IDK to me it's a big feature for most ppl and I can understand them wanting to hold off on talking about it. If everything goes well they can hype that to no end during their release. If the bandits don't turn out the way they want it.. well.. no need to hype.
    A lot of the "A17 stuff" will get used on bandits/NPC.
    Like being able to adjust the firing accuracy of an entity when it picks up a generic gun.
    This plus work on sounds and animations to make things more flexible and accurate while allowing for variety in NPC skills and such.

    This is all good stuff but going BANDITS NAO would be putting the cart before the horse.
    In general that works for wheelbarrows so I guess it's not totally unreasonable? But that's not what I meant.

  15. #10440
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Michigan, USA
    Posts
    3,626
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    This is all good stuff but going BANDITS NAO would be putting the cart before the horse.
    In general that works for wheelbarrows so I guess it's not totally unreasonable? But that's not what I meant.
    Maybe wheelburro?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •