View Poll Results: Alpha 17 Release Date: Not in January

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Done When It's Done

    0 0%
  • See First Post for Updated News

    0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

    0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: JAN 21

    0 0%
Page 471 of 590 FirstFirst ... 371421461469470471472473481521571 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 8845

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17!!!

  1. #7051
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    7,289
    Rep Power
    2
    As to the video:

    The shotgun would have taken more mods because it was tier 6 out of 6.

    The shown magazine extender worked fine. It was tier 1 and increased capacity from 8 to 8.8.
    (all programmer number but technically it works =)

  2. #7052
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    38
    Rep Power
    0
    The health bar thingy is an amazing idea. And more so with the name of the target on top. But of course its size needs to be waaaay smaller and less arcade that's for sure.

  3. #7053
    Hunter AaronG85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    108
    Rep Power
    0
    I'm on the fence about the health bar, I would suggest an alternative green to red circle of some sort that when an enemy gets attacked it slowly changes shade from green to red that way you know you are doing damage but dont know exactly when the enemy will die. Kind of the best of both worlds.

  4. #7054
    Colony Founder Xtrakicking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Behind your fridge
    Posts
    3,856
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    With bosses coming it was needed so you know if you even have a chance. Its also a nice way of feeling your actual progression or gauging if an enemy can be slain or not based on the amount of damage you are dishing out. Its actually pretty cool, but no you can't disable it. When you face your first boss you will be glad we put it in. I'm sure mods can disable it, but its a nice way to tell how strong your enemies are.
    I don't like the healthbars either. I don't want the game to tell me if I have a chance to win or not, I want to take my chances and probably die or run away. That just feels really cheap.

    Why can't we disable it? It surely wouldn't be too hard to add the option to do so in the XML files...

  5. #7055
    Tracker AzzaFortysix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Random World Gen
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    That is a decent idea, I'll add it to my list. Most likely broken ones since "real" electricity parts have a cost to them. More stuff to salvage is always good though.
    I had a similar idea... What if all houses / POIs are pre-wired with working electronics.
    For example; all light switches, fridges, tv's and other electronics are connected to an internal or external switch board that can be connected to a power source (generator) and then the whole house comes alive with working light switches, fridges that keep food for longer and working plumbing... Kind of a long shot I know but it would be a-F***ing amazing.

  6. #7056
    Colony Founder JaxTeller718's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Clubhouse
    Posts
    3,236
    Rep Power
    1
    Health bar for enemies, but still no food and water. I know the discussion leaned towards us knowing when we are hungry so we use the audio cues, which is actually a pretty good explanation of why we don't have the bars.

    But then the health bar shows up. And I'm trying to figure out a reason like how the food and water bars were removed for less screen clutter. That health bar is extremely immersion breaking and VERY obtrusive. I won't complain and call for its removal but i do hope it is moddable because there is a certain amount of fear in NOT knowing if you can tackle a challenge.

    This just feels too arcadey and like too much hand holding. Sorry MM i loved everything else though, the houses continue to amaze me and the shower curtain and stair railings were very well done. Can't wait for A17.

  7. #7057
    Colony Founder Xtrakicking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Behind your fridge
    Posts
    3,856
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    .
    But then the health bar shows up. And I'm trying to figure out a reason like how the food and water bars were removed for less screen clutter. That health bar is extremely immersion breaking and VERY obtrusive. I won't complain and call for its removal but i do hope it is moddable because there is a certain amount of fear in NOT knowing if you can tackle a challenge.

    This just feels too arcadey and like too much hand holding. Sorry MM i loved everything else though, the houses continue to amaze me and the shower curtain and stair railings were very well done. Can't wait for A17.

    Exactly. I'm not saying it should be removed either, I'm saying it should be moddable.

  8. #7058
    Ranger Bubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Olympus
    Posts
    311
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Health bar for enemies, but still no food and water. I know the discussion leaned towards us knowing when we are hungry so we use the audio cues, which is actually a pretty good explanation of why we don't have the bars.

    But then the health bar shows up. And I'm trying to figure out a reason like how the food and water bars were removed for less screen clutter. That health bar is extremely immersion breaking and VERY obtrusive. I won't complain and call for its removal but i do hope it is moddable because there is a certain amount of fear in NOT knowing if you can tackle a challenge.

    This just feels too arcadey and like too much hand holding. Sorry MM i loved everything else though, the houses continue to amaze me and the shower curtain and stair railings were very well done. Can't wait for A17.

  9. #7059
    Hunter IrishGhost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    142
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Health bar for enemies, but still no food and water. I know the discussion leaned towards us knowing when we are hungry so we use the audio cues, which is actually a pretty good explanation of why we don't have the bars.

    But then the health bar shows up. And I'm trying to figure out a reason like how the food and water bars were removed for less screen clutter. That health bar is extremely immersion breaking and VERY obtrusive. I won't complain and call for its removal but i do hope it is moddable because there is a certain amount of fear in NOT knowing if you can tackle a challenge.

    This just feels too arcadey and like too much hand holding. Sorry MM i loved everything else though, the houses continue to amaze me and the shower curtain and stair railings were very well done. Can't wait for A17.
    Agree with this all the way, however I do like the XP bar subtly on top of the toolbelt.

  10. #7060
    Hunter spud42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Brisbane , Australia
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Just look at all the indicators on your HUD. We’re already there...
    hows the new zombie health bar suiting you Roland? breaks immersion a bit... ? lol

  11. #7061
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    60
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    In a normal world you simply dont know if a enemy is death. This takes away a huge part of the scare if you know that a enemy will be death in a known amount of hits. And he will not stand up again.

    Maybe in a future version you consider to mark bosses a other way. Would be nice for the people that prefer Survival Horror over Arcade Shooter.

    But ok, if you say "try the bosses first" we try the bosses first ^^
    I have to say I agree with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrakicking View Post
    I don't like the healthbars either. I don't want the game to tell me if I have a chance to win or not, I want to take my chances and probably die or run away. That just feels really cheap.

    Why can't we disable it? It surely wouldn't be too hard to add the option to do so in the XML files...
    I think according to the current game format this is cheap as well and at a minimum should be something that can be disabled. It might be interesting to see how it plays out but it does seem to lean toward arcade / console nerfing.

    Quote Originally Posted by AzzaFortysix View Post
    I had a similar idea... What if all houses / POIs are pre-wired with working electronics.
    For example; all light switches, fridges, tv's and other electronics are connected to an internal or external switch board that can be connected to a power source (generator) and then the whole house comes alive with working light switches, fridges that keep food for longer and working plumbing... Kind of a long shot I know but it would be a-F***ing amazing.
    I like this idea. Especially later in the game when you are traveling particularly in random gen.

    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    Health bar for enemies, but still no food and water. I know the discussion leaned towards us knowing when we are hungry so we use the audio cues, which is actually a pretty good explanation of why we don't have the bars.

    But then the health bar shows up. And I'm trying to figure out a reason like how the food and water bars were removed for less screen clutter. That health bar is extremely immersion breaking and VERY obtrusive. I won't complain and call for its removal but i do hope it is moddable because there is a certain amount of fear in NOT knowing if you can tackle a challenge.

    This just feels too arcadey and like too much hand holding. Sorry MM i loved everything else though, the houses continue to amaze me and the shower curtain and stair railings were very well done. Can't wait for A17.
    Jax, as I previously quoted some others; I agree. If it is mod-able I suppose that would be alright but we seem headed down the path of appealing to the arcade crowd. I am not for that but at the end of the day I am not the dev so it is what it is.

  12. #7062
    Hunter spud42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Brisbane , Australia
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    1
    everything was great except that health bar.. i dont want to know if i can or cant take out a zombie. i want to find out by it eating me when i fail! one shot... didnt do enough damage..run away. and you wanted to stop people hiding at bedrock..lol
    feels like my PC is turning into a console

  13. #7063
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    78
    Rep Power
    0
    Maybe they can make the health bar an option to be turned on/off server config settings. Or by player options settings.

  14. #7064
    Beloved Curmudgeon DaVegaNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    581
    Rep Power
    1
    Nice to see progress on the main features of A17! You know, bandits and breadcrumbs.

    Please guys, don't keep on postponing it. I've allmost reached the phase where I'm accepting that bandits and the breadcrumb system will not make it into the game this alpha as well..
    Last edited by DaVegaNL; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:23 AM.

  15. #7065
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0
    Ok now we have health bars. What's next?
    Enemies stats?something like Weak agaist fire.strong vs blunt weapons.
    In PVP can we see the HP from another player?
    At least.. can we turn it of?
    Please.. i want to turn it of.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •