• █████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • It's Done When Its HP Bar Runs Out

0 0%
  • █████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • When the xp bar fills, the HP bar will take a hit

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: April 24

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: April 24

0 0%
Page 536 of 1084 FirstFirst ... 364364865265345355365375385465866361036 ... LastLast
Results 8,026 to 8,040 of 16258

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post
    Jax, DaVeg, I know the old gun part system inside and out. It was very limiting.

All you are hearing seems to be "removal of gun parts". Well think of it this way, each of those parts were basically a limited version of what mods are. The new mod system even uses the old assembly screen.

Only one actual item ID in the xml has to be used for all item mods. The mods are stored in another xml file and have an upper limit of 32,000(ish) possible mods. In the old gun system a pistol could only have a single item assigned as it's "barrel"

Now, using tagging and mods, a pistol COULD have 50 different types of barrels. All that do various things aside from editing the same set of stats. One could add damage and take away magazine size; One could have less damage but give you 1hp per shot when you hit an entity; One could give you any level in any skill for a specified time after a kill. 3 off the top of my head that are possible in the new mod system, and that's just scratching the surface..

The limited nature of gun "parts" evolved into a mod system that can now work on any item in the game, not just tools and weapons. The new system can mimic the old system exactly if that is the desire, but, it can also do much much more.
    Agreed. Gun parts were/are limiting af. I would always have a chest or gun safe with one or two spare guns of each type of the highest quality I could find or make, and never use them. Now it sounds like I can have the storage full of a variety of guns with different mods for different situations. This sounds 10000% better. Not to mention it sounds like the mod community can be more creative with this system.

So are you saying that clothing and armor could be modded, say with a flashlight? That would be awesome since the mining helmet has become a must have item to wear. Could this be the foundation for wearable backpacks that have more or less inventory slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Let me put it this way:

We're not working on this stuff for weeks just to create a system where you don't actually get to make any choices on what your weapon should be good at.

The fireaxe used to be intentionally nerfed as a melee weapon but now... we actually don't have to.
    Use melee damage mods and you can be Hatchet Man.
    (this actually only occurred to me right now so we'll see how that fits )
    Nice!
    I wondered if this system extended to melee weapons. Looking forward to melee weapons that feel and play very differently from each other. This has been my personal 'highly expected' feature.

EDIT:
    The limited nature of gun "parts" evolved into a mod system that can now work on any item in the game, not just tools and weapons. The new system can mimic the old system exactly if that is the desire, but, it can also do much much more.
    I feel like kid in a candy store right now.
    Last edited by toores; 01-07-2018 at 10:32 PM.

NOT GOOD ENOUGH......

I want to know the real question.....
    can it sho0t pretzels??????????

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Coughs * VIDEO* Coughs
    I second that!

Indeed, when Ouch Quit It starts coughing, it surely is time for the next video!

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by wicketness View Post
    NOT GOOD ENOUGH......

I want to know the real question.....
    can it sho0t pretzels??????????
    From it's eyes.

From it's eyes.
    YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype View Post
    I like supernatural. Poor Zs. That means we are killing ill people?! Now i am demoralised :/ i guess i have to stop killing them.
    I know, we need a blunt weapon mod that does 0 damage but is guaranteed to knock a zombie down

Jax, DaVeg, I know the old gun part system inside and out. It was very limiting.

All you are hearing seems to be "removal of gun parts". Well think of it this way, each of those parts were basically a limited version of what mods are. The new mod system even uses the old assembly screen.

Only one actual item ID in the xml has to be used for all item mods. The mods are stored in another xml file and have an upper limit of 32,000(ish) possible mods. In the old gun system a pistol could only have a single item assigned as it's "barrel"

Now, using tagging and mods, a pistol COULD have 50 different types of barrels. All that do various things aside from editing the same set of stats. One could add damage and take away magazine size; One could have less damage but give you 1hp per shot when you hit an entity; One could give you any level in any skill for a specified time after a kill. 3 off the top of my head that are possible in the new mod system, and that's just scratching the surface..

Thanks for some precious loot.

I'm sure, no one would mind if you felt an urge to start doing podcasts every other week or so, talking about cool stuff that's brewing in TFP's base. (similar to Madmole's videos)
    Last edited by toores; 01-07-2018 at 10:36 PM.

Is the rag doll effect tied to this new mod system? If so, fun times ahead...

So, If I getting this right and I really want to go off the wall. I could make a "Medic Gun" that'll heal another player instead of doing damage xD .. maybe?!

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    So, If I getting this right and I really want to go off the wall. I could make a "Medic Gun" that'll heal another player instead of doing damage xD .. maybe?!
    medi gun like in r6 siege? yeah, should be doable

Quote Originally Posted by Odetta View Post
    Is the rag doll effect tied to this new mod system? If so, fun times ahead...
    Yes, there is an event action that can be called from any buff, item, or entity that can make an entity ragdoll at will.

Quote Originally Posted by toores View Post
    I know, we need a blunt weapon mod that does 0 damage but is guaranteed to knock a zombie down
    Absolutely.
    Last edited by Kinyajuu; 01-07-2018 at 10:56 PM.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Any buff, attached to any item. Right?

...yeh, sounds limiting. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    It sure looks that way!

Hey Gazz, TFP could hold a community event for xml tweaks to balance and enrich the gameplay during A17 experimental. You could implement all ideas you like to the stable version!

EDIT:
    It turns out, the enemy health bar might be exactly the kind of tool one needs for experimenting on the new item buff system.
    Last edited by toores; 01-07-2018 at 11:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Any buff, attached to any item. Right?

...yeh, sounds limiting. =)
    Entities, buffs, skills, items, mods

Adding <effect_group> and the desired events and actions and passives to any of the above. It's all one system internally and is contextual so it knows what it's running on.

Hi, i Just wanted to ask: would the mods be visibile and different each other in the weapons or they would only be numerically present?