• Stream Event -> A17-E Released

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • DEV DIARY 1ST PAGE UPDATED: Oct 13

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
Page 547 of 2354 FirstFirst ... 4744749753754554654754854955759764710471547 ... LastLast
Results 8,191 to 8,205 of 35309

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoviz View Post
    Madmole pls, show us something
    Are you kidding? Dropping a bow wasn't enough? What does he need to drop now? (Thank goodness he has a long beard and a LOT of hair...)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Yeah, you could totally do that.

But your ingame character might starve to death before you get to the end. =)

No comment on the UI. That's waaaaay out of my bailiwick.
    But that's part of the adventure! There's a clock ticking so don't tick off the clock, doc. Or something.

Hah!
    I never touched it but I do know that it's an XML chain of statements, choices, and responses.

NPC has different statements depending on quest or other requirements.
    You can give different responses which branch into other statements or actions like giving you a new quest or a reward.

So since there are requirements, a scrawny 2-strength guy may never get the quest to move Bob's fridge into the upstairs living room.
    Technically it's all very polished. Just a looot of writing to make it all sound nice. =)
    Could said requirements also determine how you are allowed to go on the quest based on what weapons you have or clothing and armor you have? So a quest giver would detect you only have a club and bow and arrow, and the house you are suppose to clear of zombies becomes low level enemies and less XP. Or they notice you have a sniper and metal armor on, so the same quest is now filled with cops and dogs instead with more XP.

hey Gazz - would it be possible to mod the system to grant only one player in a mp game a limited amount of creative menu options? think like a dungeon master is able to spawn critters / set traps in areas he controls (around land claim blocks maybe) and maybe fly / noclip to spy on the other players but not act directly upon them....

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Yes.

Something I been wondering about, in A17 will you get exp from trap/proc kills? for example if you let the fire dot from fire arrows make the killing blow on a zombie, you don't see to get any exp for that kill. I rarely if ever use traps other than maybe barbed wire fences because I'd lose out on the exp with any other one. Its been one of my pet peeves, I won't use the flaming arrows due to this reason too. Doesn't have to be full exp, maybe half if killed with a trap you placed.

Also will we see some silly mods? like for example a mod that turns the pistol/smg into bascally a shotgun? I loved my Gun in parasite eve on ps1 with a shotgun mod on it.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    With as much power as modders will have in Alpha 17, I guarantee we'll see some silly mods, both kinds.

Oh, I expect nothing short of a madhouse for the first 3 weeks or so, where zombies use their own explosive attacks to ragdoll themselves over your walls and...

I was thinking about weapon mods system and the basic stats that weapons could have.
    Iím thinking Ghost Recon Wildlands does it pretty well. You feel the difference of the mods right away. You can get huge clip but handling goes down. Reloading and aiming are slow. Or install basic iron sight instead of large scope and aim much faster.

On top of that we need all those cool effects of course.

I thought I would point out a couple things yes some are known if not all like M/B colliding issues with terrain & movement, really hard to off road. The Headlight on the M/B, way, way, too Bright, it almost blinds you on the circumference.
    The air Drops are what is bugging me, the ones that land on a hill only to get destroyed & the Marker never goes away.
    right now I have about 7 Destroyed Crate Markers left on the map by my mine & will a restart remove them.
    I was going to try turning the markers on & off & restart, I would like to see something done with the Crate & it's collision on hills. It should not get destroyed, it should roll when it hits the ground, not break.
    You are going in the right direction on Weapons & can not wait for it late 2018 or early 2019.

Edit: I was going to post this in bugs but we have some water seepage on Flagstone Blocks. I uses Full Blocks, Stairs & i/2 Blocks to make my Roman Tub Down Below in my Dungeon. Filled it with water & it seeps out the cracks. Follow the link to see more shots. I cleaned it up with Wood Frames & now I have to destroy & replace Blocks to see what does not seep.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1266648197
    Last edited by spacepiggio; 01-12-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Colony Founder
    Suggestions on loot drops.

Zombies could drop things relating to there class, weapons, clothing and even body armor and armor not-so-common loot.
    They could also drop things like ammo (if they are carrying weapons) and other supply's as common-loot.
    Other things that would be common would be like food, water medicines.

They could even drop skill books they they might have been carrying before they turned.

A good example would be the zombie survivor who managed to stay alive after it all started and gather stuff before finally turning. They would be like packrats with lots of random stuff related to survival.

Another would be an army soldier carrying his/her M-16. There could be good chance to getting basic supply's and a more rare chance at getting both armor and an M-16 (if the M-16 is added to the game).

Using the M-16 as a model since that is the most common weapon used by the U.S. Military.

There are two main military bases in Arizona: (many more as it is the home state of Sen. McCain)

-Fort Huachuca, US Army - 6000+ active soldiers (So 6000+ M16's?)

-Luke Air Force base, should have several Airships, I'm sure... With trained Zombie bear assault troops. What superpower would not have them???
    Last edited by Aldranon; 01-12-2018 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Suggestions on loot drops.

Zombies could drop things relating to there class, weapons, clothing and even body armor and armor not-so-common loot.
    They could also drop things like ammo (if they are carrying weapons) and other supply's as common-loot.
    Other things that would be common would be like food, water medicines.

They could even drop skill books they they might have been carrying before they turned.

A good example would be the zombie survivor who managed to stay alive after it all started and gather stuff before finally turning. They would be like packrats with lots of random stuff related to survival.

Another would be an army soldier carrying his/her M-16. There could be good chance to getting basic supply's and a more rare chance at getting both armor and an M-16 (if the M-16 is added to the game).

Using the M-16 as a model since that is the most common weapon used by the U.S. Military.
    It kinda is already like that. Unless you mean every zombie has to have it's own loot group, then I think that would slow the game down. Although I am playing WotW mod right now and the special zombies added it are like that. WotW does take some frame hits but not sure if that is why.

Oh, I expect nothing short of a madhouse for the first 3 weeks or so, where zombies use their own explosive attacks to ragdoll themselves over your walls and...
    Tigger zombies? Bounce!

Quote Originally Posted by spacepiggio View Post
    I thought I would point out a couple things yes some are known if not all like M/B colliding issues with terrain & movement, really hard to off road. The Headlight on the M/B, way, way, too Bright, it almost blinds you on the circumference.
    The air Drops are what is bugging me, the ones that land on a hill only to get destroyed & the Marker never goes away.
    right now I have about 7 Destroyed Crate Markers left on the map by my mine & will a restart remove them.
    I was going to try turning the markers on & off & restart, I would like to see something done with the Crate & it's collision on hills. It should not get destroyed, it should roll when it hits the ground, not break.
    You are going in the right direction on Weapons & can not wait for it late 2018 or early 2019.

Edit: I was going to post this in bugs but we have some water seepage on Flagstone Blocks. I uses Full Blocks, Stairs & i/2 Blocks to make my Roman Tub Down Below in my Dungeon. Filled it with water & it seeps out the cracks. Follow the link to see more shots. I cleaned it up with Wood Frames & now I have to destroy & replace Blocks to see what does not seep.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1266648197
    The airdrop problem has a very very easy solution. No need to mod even. They ll roll downhill without ever being destroyed.

Cheers
    Last edited by Prisma501; 01-12-2018 at 05:59 PM.