View Poll Results: Alpha 17

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A17-Exp Release: Estimated End of July/ Beginning of August 2018

    0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • Feat Freeze -> Hitler Vid -> MM gameplay

    0 0%
  • -> Spider Meme -> Stream Blitz ->

    0 0%
  • -> Release Candidate -> A17-E

    0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: July 11

    0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: June 29

    0 0%
  • -----------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

    0 0%
Page 553 of 1527 FirstFirst ... 534535035435515525535545555636036531053 ... LastLast
Results 8,281 to 8,295 of 22898

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

  1. #8281
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    7,745
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid74 View Post
    The only thing we are missing are Joshua Trees...for some reason
    Joshua wants too much for the license to use them ingame.

  2. #8282
    Inventor Demonoid74's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Las Vegas AKA Hell
    Posts
    841
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Joshua wants too much for the license to use them ingame.
    Its all because those bastards U2 and that album!

  3. #8283
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In Transition, USA
    Posts
    3,713
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Joshua wants too much for the license to use them ingame.
    You should look into Norbert Trees. They're a lot cheaper.

  4. #8284
    Reconstructionist Bubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Olympus
    Posts
    599
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by CrionLord View Post
    Guppy... the speed with which you overlaid that ui on the other image after their comment was nothing short of guppycurian!


    ^inserts community gif

  5. #8285
    Reconstructionist Menace312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    644
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Hah!
    I never touched it but I do know that it's an XML chain of statements, choices, and responses.

    NPC has different statements depending on quest or other requirements.
    You can give different responses which branch into other statements or actions like giving you a new quest or a reward.

    So since there are requirements, a scrawny 2-strength guy may never get the quest to move Bob's fridge into the upstairs living room.
    Technically it's all very polished. Just a looot of writing to make it all sound nice. =)
    This sounds very good.
    NPC quest dialog involving choices with different outcomes...

    Looking forward to trying it.

  6. #8286
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In Transition, USA
    Posts
    3,713
    Rep Power
    1
    It's a choose your own adventure!

    One of my favorites:


  7. #8287
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,819
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace312 View Post
    This sounds very good.
    NPC quest dialog involving choices with different outcomes...

    Looking forward to trying it.
    I'm curious about the UI that goes along with it. At the risk of summoning a guppy, will we have a simplified system suitable for consoles or a large set of choices for the hardcore RPG'rs among us?

    dialogue_ui.jpg

  8. #8288
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In Transition, USA
    Posts
    3,713
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    I'm curious about the UI that goes along with it. At the risk of summoning a guppy, will we have a simplified system suitable for consoles or a large set of choices for the hardcore RPG'rs among us?

    dialogue_ui.jpg
    I'm still hoping for VR zombies. Too bad I don't own any VR equipment. Implants, maybe?

  9. #8289
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    7,745
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    It's a choose your own adventure!

    One of my favorites:
    Yeah, you could totally do that.

    But your ingame character might starve to death before you get to the end. =)


    No comment on the UI. That's waaaaay out of my bailiwick.

  10. #8290
    Hunter Kobalt Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Michigan USA
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoviz View Post
    Madmole pls, show us something
    Are you kidding? Dropping a bow wasn't enough? What does he need to drop now? (Thank goodness he has a long beard and a LOT of hair...)

  11. #8291
    Colony Founder Maharin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    In Transition, USA
    Posts
    3,713
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Yeah, you could totally do that.

    But your ingame character might starve to death before you get to the end. =)


    No comment on the UI. That's waaaaay out of my bailiwick.
    But that's part of the adventure! There's a clock ticking so don't tick off the clock, doc. Or something.

  12. #8292
    Hunter ParaSyt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    117
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Hah!
    I never touched it but I do know that it's an XML chain of statements, choices, and responses.

    NPC has different statements depending on quest or other requirements.
    You can give different responses which branch into other statements or actions like giving you a new quest or a reward.

    So since there are requirements, a scrawny 2-strength guy may never get the quest to move Bob's fridge into the upstairs living room.
    Technically it's all very polished. Just a looot of writing to make it all sound nice. =)
    Could said requirements also determine how you are allowed to go on the quest based on what weapons you have or clothing and armor you have? So a quest giver would detect you only have a club and bow and arrow, and the house you are suppose to clear of zombies becomes low level enemies and less XP. Or they notice you have a sniper and metal armor on, so the same quest is now filled with cops and dogs instead with more XP.

  13. #8293
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    nz
    Posts
    97
    Rep Power
    0
    hey Gazz - would it be possible to mod the system to grant only one player in a mp game a limited amount of creative menu options? think like a dungeon master is able to spawn critters / set traps in areas he controls (around land claim blocks maybe) and maybe fly / noclip to spy on the other players but not act directly upon them....

  14. #8294
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston-ish, Texas
    Posts
    17,987
    Rep Power
    1
    Yes.

  15. #8295
    Inventor Siveria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    978
    Rep Power
    1
    Something I been wondering about, in A17 will you get exp from trap/proc kills? for example if you let the fire dot from fire arrows make the killing blow on a zombie, you don't see to get any exp for that kill. I rarely if ever use traps other than maybe barbed wire fences because I'd lose out on the exp with any other one. Its been one of my pet peeves, I won't use the flaming arrows due to this reason too. Doesn't have to be full exp, maybe half if killed with a trap you placed.

    Also will we see some silly mods? like for example a mod that turns the pistol/smg into bascally a shotgun? I loved my Gun in parasite eve on ps1 with a shotgun mod on it.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •