View Poll Results: Alpha 17 Release Date: Not in January

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Done When It's Done

0 0%
  • See First Post for Updated News

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: JAN 7

0 0%
Page 555 of 577 FirstFirst ... 55455505545553554555556557565 ... LastLast
Results 8,311 to 8,325 of 8646

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17!!!

Ranger
    Quote Originally Posted by spacepiggio View Post
    They are not rolling for me, I have followed all the downward paths for it to roll & it is no where in sight. Sometimes I will chop down a tree or shrub & it will fall, other than that they get destroyed or disappear.
    Do you have any mods installed? I don't think I've ever had one destroy itself in vanilla 16.4.

Refugee

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    There are two main military bases in Arizona: (many more as it is the home state of Sen. McCain)

-Fort Huachuca, US Army - 6000+ active soldiers (So 6000+ M16's?)

-Luke Air Force base, should have several Airships, I'm sure... With trained Zombie bear assault troops. What superpower would not have them???
    7 Military Bases in Arizona.

Yuma Proving Ground (Army)
    MCAS Yuma (Marines)
    Barry M. Goldwater Range (AF)
    Camp Navajo (Army)
    Davis-Monthan Air Force Base (AF)
    Luke Air Force Base (AF)
    Fort Huachuca (Army)

I work at Fort Huachuca, and have lived in AZ since the 90's when not stationed elsewhere while I was in the Army.

Refugee

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGhost View Post
    Actually, its likely to be more way more M4s then M16s, if they did have m16s there wouldn't be many still used
    -t Army guy
    Possibly, but they had mostly M16's when I was still in like 8 years ago. They're a support oriented post, not infantry, so they aren't exactly first in line to get upgraded weaponry. Only about a fifth of their individual firearms in the units I was a part of were M4's at the time.

That said, it isn't like they aren't almost identical weapons. It's mostly the stock length being adjustable that marks them as different from an M16, mechanically... To make them better for short range use in situations such as breaking in to buildings and clearing them.
    Last edited by Aviose; 6 Days Ago at 10:09 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomaana View Post
    Do you have any mods installed? I don't think I've ever had one destroy itself in vanilla 16.4.
    Just aloc fixes, they are either breaking or falling through the map

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    They might eat all your honey... oh bother.
    Well that's very sweet of them. lol

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Well that's very sweet of them. lol
    Sweet and infection free.

It's funny how the little things can stretch out into a page worth of posts. I blame Gazz, he started it.

Well, we have close to nothing new to post on. The few things that have been official have been talked about, argued over, and suggestions made to make more fun, to help others have fun their way because their way is better. (We all know my way is best).

But seriously, I started playing Valmod as a brawler, I don't make a fort (underground or any gimmicky thing) and I live off what I loot. My kill count is off the charts! I could make a replacement spiked club on day two...

Its fun.
    Last edited by Aldranon; 6 Days Ago at 05:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    It's funny how the little things can stretch out into a page worth of posts. I blame Gazz, he started it.
    Now I may have been the trigger for your delusion but I cannot blame myself!
    I watch Criminal Minds, you know!

Quote Originally Posted by Aviose View Post
    Possibly, but they had mostly M16's when I was still in like 8 years ago. They're a support oriented post, not infantry, so they aren't exactly first in line to get upgraded weaponry. Only about a fifth of their individual firearms in the units I was a part of were M4's at the time.

That said, it isn't like they aren't almost identical weapons. It's mostly the stock length being adjustable that marks them as different from an M16, mechanically... To make them better for short range use in situations such as breaking in to buildings and clearing them.

Most places I've been to have had much more m4's, when I was in Fort Sam Houston, TX (mostly different types of medical training for those who don't know) we had a mix of m4's and dummy m16s. In a camp (can't remember the name) not far from that I saw people have a mix of m16s and m4s, but 3/4s of em where m4s. I figured it was about the same for coms. Germany, I've seen nothing but m4s but we are a pretty mixed bag of mainly MPs, Engineers, and Artillery so of course we would have the "newest" thing (although i was told they are currently trying to replace the M4)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Now I may have been the trigger for your delusion but I cannot blame myself!
    I watch Criminal Minds, you know!
    I try to give you credit and you take a direct deposit.

Colony Founder
    I recommend that we add M-16's to the game.

I recommend the weapon because we already added solders to it and the M-16 is the most commonly used weapon in the U.S. military.

Plus the game could use a well balanced assault rifle.
    One that is not a gunpowder eating firehose variety like the AK-47, which may not be best for most situations. Especially with new players starting out. Finding the resources for making bullets is really hard to come by.

The single shot semiautomatic weapon with it's 20 to 30 round clip can be very useful.

OFC this also means adding the 5.56 round to the game as well. Which does not consume as much material as a full sized rifle round.

Finally the weapon would be really cool to be part of the game and would go with the military's BDU's (Battle dress uniform) and body armor already in the game.

Who knows, we may even be able to add setting to it like three round burst as an upgrade.

If that's not cool then we could go with something like the M-4, which is close to the M-16.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by sillls; 5 Days Ago at 02:21 PM.

What do you guys think?
    I think yes. Why not!

Also i think we need a video from Madmole. This thread is drying up..

I recommend the weapon because we already added solders to it and the M-16 is the most commonly used weapon in the U.S. military.

Plus the game could use a well balanced assault rifle.
    One that is not a gunpowder eating firehose variety like the AK-47, which may not be best for most situations. Especially with new players starting out. Finding the resources for making bullets is really hard to come by.

The single shot semiautomatic weapon with it's 20 to 30 round clip can be very useful.

OFC this also means adding the 5.56 round to the game as well. Which does not consume as much material as a full sized rifle round.

Finally the weapon would be really cool to be part of the game and would go with the military's BDU's (Battle dress uniform) and body armor already in the game.

Who knows, we may even be able to add setting to it like three round burst as an upgrade.

If that's not cool then we could go with something like the M-4, which is close to the M-16.

What do you guys think?
    Again, make it m4s not m16s. More common than m16s especially if the Army was sent for combat.

Zombie Hunter
    I dont really care what rifle to use in a zombie game. As long as it kills zombies.

Cheers