• █████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • It's Done When Its HP Bar Runs Out

0 0%
  • █████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • When the xp bar fills, the HP bar will take a hit

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: April 24

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: April 24

0 0%
Page 468 of 1078 FirstFirst ... 368418458466467468469470478518568968 ... LastLast
Results 7,006 to 7,020 of 16159

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    Videos from out of the blue are like figgy pudding on a hot summers day...wait that makes no sense.....anyway they are nice...
    he said he is making a video today... but no where did i see him say we could watch it.... i just had to say that.. ok so now you can throw rocks at me... but seriously i am just kidding with ya.

hey Gam, going on 60 here and i still dont know what the heck figgy pudding is and maybe i dont want to know <rolls eyes around> heard about it all my life just never tried to see what it is or if even real.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqrWmpQsKNw
    Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    he said he is making a video today... but no where did i see him say we could watch it.... i just had to say that.. ok so now you can throw rocks at me... but seriously i am just kidding with ya.

hey Gam, going on 60 here and i still dont know what the heck figgy pudding is and maybe i dont want to know <rolls eyes around> heard about it all my life just never tried to see what it is or if even real.

Here you go bud!! LOL

figgy-pudding-11832-1.jpg

Are We There Yet!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    Sweating could simulated through a faster loss of water, requiring you to drink more or die pretty quickly. Heat exhaustion would be what happens after your water level goes to zero.
    Something to help people who cant tell the difference between Heat Stroke and Heat Exhaustion. One can get people killed.

Attachment 23595

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique View Post
    Here you go bud!! LOL

figgy-pudding-11832-1.jpg

Are We There Yet!!!
    i am about to start making diner until i seen that pic... hmmm maybe the pic doesnt do it justice but doesnt look good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by unholyjoe View Post
    i am about to start making diner until i seen that pic... hmmm maybe the pic doesnt do it justice but doesnt look good to me.
    Yeah, they look horrible but they're usually laced with enough sugar and brandy to make it a gorram fire hazard. Serously, we usually set them on fire in the middle of the table to burn off some of the excess alcohol before we attempt to eat it.

The perfect start to drunk week :-)

Note -
    Drunk week = The period between Christmas eve and 3-5 of January when everyone in Britain is drunk, hungover... or both. The bosses demand we attend work, the workers demand to be drunk while doing it. Not a perfect system but we've been doing it for centuries now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    TSk, Tsk, Tsk. Roland......have you not been keeping up....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzSDvJmDlJk
    This is all sorts of alluring.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Speaking of which, I'll be making a new video today!
    Yay!

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Siveria View Post
    You know all they need to do is set the dll to save more inventory slots, then the player can just choose in modded options how many inv slots they want. Current inv mods rely on people editing the dll to get it to save more inv slots, and then also editing windows.xml to enable more slots in the windows themselves. Why can't the pimps just set how many inv slots it saves to like 128 or something max, to save people the time of having to edit the .dll everytime. If the slots aren't set in windows.xml they don't get used anyway, they are just regarded as empty inv slots in the save file I imagine.

Also don't give me about the save getting bigger, it'll be a few kilobytes bigger at most to save those slots item info, even less if its unused slots. Plus almost every console today (cept nintendo I think as they still haven't seemed to have gotten it yet), has a fairly decent size hard drive, as for the pc version well, we can pretty much have as much space as we want.

I'd also like to see more stuff added to modded options, like the option to shut weather survival off, admit it, weather survival offers nothing to the game other than just being something to annoy players. It'd be fine if it was just cold weather survival, but once you have both cold and hot it gets annoying because no game to this day has done it right when there is both. In fact if you look at real life, people are generally pretty covered in the desert as if they aren't they'd get massive sunburn, so the fact you can bascally fry in average clothing is pretty silly. The cold weather survival side is easy to do right, its the hot weather side where the problem always is.

I'd also like some monster-like enemies added to the game with an option in standart options to turn them on or off, The current enemies honestly are very boring, they are zombies so they are pretty stupid in fact I find the current zombies in game too smart already as they know what a door is, we could use monster enemies with the ability to: jump, run, climb, slash, bash, pierce, spit stuff at you etc to liven it up also have better ai, like busting in thru windows and such as its easier entry. Option to turn them on/off is so the purists won't whine, but they will be on by default.

More configurable diffculty be nice too, look at Ark survival evolved, you can modify a ton of settings to custom tailor how hard or easy you want it to me. Find the taming takes too much real time? you can change a slider to shorten it considerably. We used to have spawn rate, loot time, and craft time settings in there but they got removed. I used to set craft time to half myself. Quicker crafting takes care of that though, but the spawn rate should be a thing.
    Quite simply your game would be stuffed. Say you put in 72 slot As your backpack in windows.xml and dll is 128 slot your backpack will fill to the 128 slot before filling your toolbelt. So every thing from slot 73 to 128 will be invisible meaning you won't have those items in your backpack..

As well as it is not as easy as just making the dll a certain size. Hence why in the backpack mod the instructions are several posts....

Quote Originally Posted by stallionsden View Post
    Quite simply your game would be stuffed. Say you put in 72 slot As your backpack in windows.xml and dll is 128 slot your backpack will fill to the 128 slot before filling your toolbelt. So every thing from slot 73 to 128 will be invisible meaning you won't have those items in your backpack..

As well as it is not as easy as just making the dll a certain size. Hence why in the backpack mod the instructions are several posts....
    How about offering 5 (or so) DLL´s that have different tables and EAC accept them all 5.
    Or different tables the xml can adress
    At the moent this is really a issue for most mods. would be nice if we could look for sollutions instead of evasiveness.

And dont get me wrong, no offense meaned. Working on the Vehicles (that will solve many transportation issues) gave TFP (from my side) a really big + on their account.
    Last edited by Royal Deluxe; 12-21-2017 at 11:04 PM.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Roland the problem is that the GUI you can edit in the XML
    But the Table that stores the Items is defined in the DLL.

Means you cant raise the available Backpackslots without edit the DLL and break so EAC.

I would like to add 4 or 8 Additional Slots, because i would like to add a few items the player should have with him all the time.
    I simply cant, inside my eac friendly mod
    Actually you can lol. You can just change the xmls and you will have as many slots as you want. However if you die or exit the game you will lose every slot over 32 (default) so if your happy to empty before exiting (or are aware of when your gonna die lol) you can exist with just xml changes. But all the xmls still need to be changed that are in the backpack mod

Actually you can lol. You can just screw all players that use your mod and enjoy the rants.
    Fixed that

Refugee
    Since they're already in the game, I wonder how hard it would be to make the shopping carts movable by the players... reminiscent of "The Road." Could work as an interim basket for those too "dumb" to make a minibike.

Leader
    Fixed that
    Lmao haha fixing quotes is strong in this one :-P

But if tfp were to do what Siveria said. The game would be broken and TFP would have more then a few complaints lol. The game would be broken big time.
    Last edited by stallionsden; 12-21-2017 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blud-N-Gutz View Post
    Since they're already in the game, I wonder how hard it would be to make the shopping carts movable by the players... reminiscent of "The Road." Could work as an interim basket for those too "dumb" to make a minibike.
    A17 = Bike = I will mod a bike for startequip, slower than running but

Much easyer as a Extra animaton for a shopping card

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao haha fixing quotes is strong in this one :-P

But if tfp were to do what Siveria said. The game would be broken and TFP would have more then a few complaints lol. The game would be broken big time.
    Then let us look how it is solvable , cheap and easy.

Leader
    I love the bigger backpacks and I play with a 200 slot bp. However TFP need a default size that is fair for the whole game and player base. Bigger backpacks are here in the modding section and that should be where it should be atm. Tfp may have plans to redo this idk.

But i am really hope they don't go with the backpack bigger thru skills or finding a bigger backpack. I hope they leave it as it is. Modders can mod in bigger sizes as the community request.

Leader
    Then let us look how it is solvable , cheap and easy.
    Several ways.

1. The stupidest idea first (imo) bigger backpack thru skills.

2. 2nd stupidest idea but better then the first idea(imo) find a bigger backpack in game

3. Keep it as it is now and let modders do bigger backpacks.

4. Release a small program that the player can type in the size and it edits the dll automatically filling the necessary sections of the dll. (Sdx can do similar)

5. Simply have the backpack size xml editable. This can be a program that fills in the necessary xmls once you have changed the bp size in windows.xml (again a modder can do this if current bp system stays)