• -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: July 11

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: June 29

0 0%
  • -----------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
Page 475 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3754254654734744754764774855255759751475 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,125 of 23009

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtrakicking View Post
    NPC entity spawner?
    I did notice when he pulled up the menu some stuff. But to be honest I don't know to much about that part because I have never paid much attention to it. So I personally couldn't say if anything extra was in it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    btw.....Madmole inadvertently showed a brand new feature in the most recent video but you have to be really observant to have caught it. If someone can spot the change I'll confirm it and it may lay to rest one of the biggest #gates we've had around here...
    Things I have spotted so far:

- Game runs on DX11, but thats already been spoiled.

- Clothes seem to have lost quality and stack to 500 now.

- Same goes for minibike parts.

- Some blocks (with stack numbers) have quality now, could not see what blocks they were but could be electric ones.

- Mining hat as the 'Assembly' option so it can be assembled from parts now I think?

- Spawn menu seems overhauled with optional more than 1 screen of zombies to spawn (which is great for me as a modder).

- Seems there are is a Bandit Leader now and some NPC survivors added. But only visible on the list so no way to tell if it works.

- Zombie kills give a lot more experience by the looks of how fast he levels from killing just a few (but that could just be a wip side effect).

- Zombie ragdoll movement seems to work, they fly when hit by the shotgun.

- Weapon parts are no longer there when a weapon is assembled, so they could be out and replaced by the new attachment (this new system would likely otherwise conflict with the existing weapon part system and create a lot of xml entries for multiple weapons as it is in A16).

- The bedroll starter quest does no longer seem to need the bedroll to be crafted or placed, only fiber gathered.

- It seems that Madmole can attach weapon mods to his shotgun/use the assembly but cannot repair it because he does not have the recipe learned. This means that perhaps finally these two systems have been separated so that repairing is not tied to being able to assemble a gun. But it could also be that assembly with the recipe known will show the weapon parts that as mentioned before are not visible.

- New stats on weapons that show, but these seem for debugging and only horizontal/vertical spread are new.

- Scrap frames are now Iron frames (but thats just a rename in localization.txt)

- The Inventory has a TRASH button

Edit:

- Wellness is not gone yet (from the GUI at least).

Probably more that I missed, but lot of cool stuff here
    Last edited by Haidrgna; 12-22-2017 at 02:34 PM.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidrgna View Post
    Things I have spotted so far:

- Game runs on DX11, but thats already been spoiled.

- Clothes seem to have lost quality and stack to 500 now.

- Same goes for minibike parts.

- Some blocks (with stack numbers) have quality now, could not see what blocks they were but could be electric ones.

- Mining hat as the 'Assembly' option so it can be assembled from parts now I think?

- Spawn menu seems overhauled with optional more than 1 screen of zombies to spawn (which is great for me as a modder).

- Seems there are is a Bandit Leader now and some NPC survivors added. But only visible on the list so no way to tell if it works.

- Zombie kills give a lot more experience by the looks of how fast he levels from killing just a few (but that could just be a wip side effect).

- Zombie ragdoll movement seems to work, they fly when hit by the shotgun.

- Weapon parts are no longer there when a weapon is assembled, so they could be out and replaced by the new attachment (this new system would likely otherwise conflict with the existing weapon part system and create a lot of xml entries for multiple weapons as it is in A16).

- The bedroll starter quest does no longer seem to need the bedroll to be crafted or placed, only fiber gathered.

- It seems that Madmole can attach weapon mods to his shotgun/use the assembly but cannot repair it because he does not have the recipe learned. This means that perhaps finally these two systems have been separated so that repairing is not tied to being able to assemble a gun. But it could also be that assembly with the recipe known will show the weapon parts that as mentioned before are not visible.

- New stats on weapons that show, but these seem for debugging and only horizontal/vertical spread are new.

- Scrap frames are now Iron frames (but thats just a rename in localization.txt)

- The Inventory has a TRASH button

Probably more that I missed, but lot of cool stuff here
    You sir pay a lot more attention then I did haha but did notice the trash icon in the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    You sir pay a lot more attention then I did haha but did notice the trash icon in the menu.
    Well I took the time to reanalyze it when I saw Rolands post, I did not see that trash button and it does only show in creative and later on its gone when Madmole opens his inventory.

So is MM's 17 Christmas Video any indication of a pre-Christmas release for us? or is the Video the Christmas present?

PS: I love the building, so I am thinking my architect needs to use 7DTD as his new modeling and rendering tool.

Inventor
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    The enemy health bar is a good tool for debugging but as a constant feature it just seems wrong. It takes away a lot of the fear in facing down an enemy and since this is a survival-horror game more fear is good.
    I do agree here. I prefer to "find out" by myself how strong is an ennemy than having a red bar telling me some infos.

Such ennemy bar is great on fast pacing games where it builds some thrill and coupled with more similar features, it triggers some "addictive feeling". (think Diablo)

Crawlers are often non detected by the players and come near surprising one...such ennemy bar "revealing" a near crawler while scanning the area will kill this surprise effect.

Indeed, more fear is needed in the game.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidrgna View Post
    Well I took the time to reanalyze it when I saw Rolands post, I did not see that trash button and it does only show in creative and later on its gone when Madmole opens his inventory.
    Yeah I seen it then when he opened back up it was gone so didn't think to much of it until you brought it up. I was looking around for new block directions but nothing stood out.

Not that it would be one of the biggest #gates or anything but never know lol
    Last edited by crazywildfire; 12-22-2017 at 02:38 PM.

btw.....Madmole inadvertently showed a brand new feature in the most recent video but you have to be really observant to have caught it. If someone can spot the change I'll confirm it and it may lay to rest one of the biggest #gates we've had around here...
    Spam crafting?

Standalone version?
    Last edited by Odetta; 12-22-2017 at 02:48 PM.

Scavenger
    Noah looks to be a badass man. Can't wait to see as Duke is.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    As usual the prefabbers are doing an excellent job, however I have two major concerns.

The empty loot containers and the health indicators on enemies.

With the empty loot containers, you effectively sped up are looting process, which sucks, and we now have static blocks that are wasted in the world. Taking up two blocks if I'm not mistaken.
    What was once a fully interactive world Is now becoming a static one. Boo, hiss.

With HitPoint indicators you now just took away the entire surprise and purpose of the knock down effect. Did you kill it? Is it safe to loot? Is it almost down? Can I swoop in with my club, or do I need to continue expending ammo?

Should I approach it and find out the hard way?

No need! Simply hover a weapon over your target and your battlesuits hud will tell you everything you need to know!

Quote Originally Posted by crazywildfire View Post
    haha, trash icon only in crative menu )

Colony Founder
    I think Roland should just tell us hahaha

There may not even be an "it". How well do you know this Roland guy?

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    There may not even be an "it". How well do you know this Roland guy?
    Well enough to know he is a troll sometimes lol

Jk jk

Leader
    1 block ability to sneak into another spot thru 1 block. As seen in 14.23 where he is jumping to show you a gap but has a shaft door on it.

Or blocks can destroy upon walking on it but not all the block dissappear.. (may be just my eyes lol)

The car4wd In the entityspawner

Noise range
    Last edited by stallionsden; 12-22-2017 at 03:08 PM.