• -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: July 11

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: June 29

0 0%
  • -----------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
Page 494 of 1534 FirstFirst ... 3944444844924934944954965045445949941494 ... LastLast
Results 7,396 to 7,410 of 23007

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    New video is up!

Mod Note: The enemy hp bar is a proof of concept artist’s first rendition. The thickness of the bar, it’s location, and even it’s implementation is still under discussion. Your critical feedback is welcome but there is no need for panic.
    Opinion - more options are better, but obviously limited by how many man-hours you want to spend on a redesigned UI framework:

1. Clientside slider for thickness/width of bars.
    2. Clientside location toggle for dynamic (over the head of any wounded entity within weapon range) or static (fixed location on screen, which should be unlockable).
    3. A config option to toggle all and individual UI elements on/off should be both clientside and serverside (to force disable on all remote clients).
    4. You could also colorize the bar (red for critical, yellow for serious, green for trivial) for different wound levels. However, this might put color blind customers at a disadvantage, unless a greyscale shadowing effect were also used (lighter texture when healthier).
    5. If thin enough, a 2nd bar could be added for current vs max armor durability, and a 3rd for stamina (only visible on player entities). However, this might be considered UI bloat if they were not frequently useful.

Thanks for the video update MM!
    Last edited by Cernwn; 12-26-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by meandog1000 View Post
    This joke flew right over my head. I don't get it.
    IE is known to be a really slow browser.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrakicking View Post
    IE is known to be a really slow browser.

If your using a lot of JavaScript its a bit faster and with ActiveX stuff its good, but if you're just surfing the web its generally slower.

Some say microsoft invened it, so you be able download other browsers. Look at Edge, cool tool to download browsers, it even shows weather !

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    New video is up!

Mod Note: The enemy hp bar is a proof of concept artist’s first rendition. The thickness of the bar, it’s location, and even it’s implementation is still under discussion. Your critical feedback is welcome but there is no need for panic.
    First of all: Merry Christmas!

The health bars are somewhat that troubles me. They seem misplaced in this game. Its sorta immersion breaking.

Knowing how much life the lifeless stinky walking meat bags have left seems inappropriate. It kills the randomness of situations and instead replaces them with a pure numbers game. This is okay for RTS games and probably for quiet a few other genres but it feels misplaced here because of the nature of this particular game.

And even in PvP it feels wrong. Sure, in a real life situations you might see your enemy bleed and you get some sort of idea how badly wounded he is - which we can't really see in 7 Days. But on the other hand we shouldn't know for sure. In a situation where we both are wounded I would probably not re-engage carelessly sticking to the small chance of maybe winning the confrontation. But if I'm able to know that my opponent has just 10 hp left while I'm at (i.e.) 50% it will radically change my decision making.

Same goes for killing Zeds. Its awkward to think "oh hey, just 20 hp left" and kill it without fear instead of "hm damn, this guy still stands" and stay focussed and careful.

If this really is something you guys want to implement please consider to make it a setting on game creation. Which either activates or deactivates it for everyone.

Thanks in advance.

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarath View Post
    First of all: Merry Christmas!

The health bars are somewhat that troubles me. They seem misplaced in this game. Its sorta immersion breaking.

Knowing how much life the lifeless stinky walking meat bags have left seems inappropriate. It kills the randomness of situations and instead replaces them with a pure numbers game. This is okay for RTS games and probably for quiet a few other genres but it feels misplaced here because of the nature of this particular game.

And even in PvP it feels wrong. Sure, in a real life situations you might see your enemy bleed and you get some sort of idea how badly wounded he is - which we can't really see in 7 Days. But on the other hand we shouldn't know for sure. In a situation where we both are wounded I would probably not re-engage carelessly sticking to the small chance of maybe winning the confrontation. But if I'm able to know that my opponent has just 10 hp left while I'm at (i.e.) 50% it will radically change my decision making.

Same goes for killing Zeds. Its awkward to think "oh hey, just 20 hp left" and kill it without fear instead of "hm damn, this guy still stands" and stay focussed and careful.

If this really is something you guys want to implement please consider to make it a setting on game creation. Which either activates or deactivates it for everyone.

Thanks in advance.
    I second this motion...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    If your using a lot of JavaScript its a bit faster and with ActiveX stuff its good, but if you're just surfing the web its generally slower.
    Java is anything but fast, alot of vulnerabilities to. Scary thing most websites are bloated with it. Don't care for Active X either.

Which reminds me, does 7 days to Die have Vulkan support? If not does it plan to later on? Because Vulkan is just amazing, if you look at benchmarks compared to DirectX its usually much better.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishGhost View Post
    Java is anything but fast, alot of vulnerabilities to. Scary thing most websites are bloated with it. Don't care for Active X either.

Which reminds me, does 7 days to Die have Vulkan support? If not does it plan to later on? Because Vulkan is just amazing, if you look at benchmarks compared to DirectX its usually much better.
    I think! (could almost swear I saw it) Roland? or MM? at one point showed a screen shot of the upcoming video settings and it showed DX11 and Vulkan as options for A17.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    And too You and You'res as well.
    C'mon Tin. It's Christmas, throw the grammer nazis a bone for God's sake...

Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    C'mon Tin. It's Christmas, throw the grammer nazis a bone for God's sake...
    Hey, I'm drin..erm Cooking!

I'm dangerous near a KB during the Holidays
    That's why I'm not releasing my mod till tomorrow... >.>

Yes on Vulcan support. Please read the first post of this thread. It has this and other tidbits of information.

You wouldn't happen to have a link would you?

EDIT: Well, I've read the first post a couple of times and never saw that. Thanks Roland
    Last edited by IrishGhost; 12-25-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarath View Post

Agreed. Please make it an option to turn off. I like this game because of the immersion. HP bars ruin that immersion aspect. I was hoping that TFP stayed as close to Walking Dead as possible (they do not see HP bars). I like the RPG aspects of Fallout in 7DTD but without HP bars. HP bars are knowing when the bomb explodes as opposed to, "OMG! When is this bomb going to explode? Do I have enough time to grab one more item or do I flee the scene, NOW!?" HP ruins the unexpected because now you know the unexpected and can assume your own outcome. Please remove, or have the ability to remove, the HP bars. Onboard with most other changes.

I have noticed one thing...it seems that everyone would be happy if one thing is true...every option in game is able to be turned on or off. Simple as that. You don't like it turn it off...you like it turn it on.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamida View Post
    I have noticed one thing...it seems that everyone would be happy if one thing is true...every option in game is able to be turned on or off. Simple as that. You don't like it turn it off...you like it turn it on.
    They allow that now.... via modding...... doubt TFP will waste time on making further options available when things can be modded and tweaked easily.