View Poll Results: Alpha 17 Release Date: Not in January

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's Done When It's Done

    0 0%
  • See First Post for Updated News

    0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

    0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: JAN 21

    0 0%
Page 513 of 599 FirstFirst ... 13413463503511512513514515523563 ... LastLast
Results 7,681 to 7,695 of 8971

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17!!!

  1. #7681
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,313
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nausicca View Post
    Gravity and mass/load of blocks is reducing our building creativity you need to add horizontal supports in the game so were not limited to building in a certain style and you need to fix the stability issues when building at vertical heights too you should not have to dig to bedrock to properly support what your building this again takes up so much time away from enjoying the game
    SI does have a lot of issues but building deep foundations for large buildings is standard practice in real life.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrtbV_QApXA

  2. #7682
    Zombie Hunter Henrique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Azores
    Posts
    400
    Rep Power
    1
    Just wanted to wish everyone here A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    It's been a good thx for all the laughs, have a good one and be careful out there!!!

  3. #7683
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrique View Post
    Just wanted to wish everyone here A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    It's been a good thx for all the laughs, have a good one and be careful out there!!!
    Yes, thank you and wish everyone a happy new year too! We are already screwing up the place here in Berlin. Unfortunately we can't blow up the Bundestag to send Merkel to hell, hahaha.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If it is not totally against the "basic game idea" I would like to see slot machines in 7D2D just like there are some in Borderlands 2.

    One reel determines the type of item to win and the other reel determines it's colour/quality.

    Slot machines could be fed with casino tokens.

    For example you have a gun symbol and a green symbol what could lead to a hunting rifle with a quality level between 300 and 399 (set randomly). Or you have a tool symbol and get a nailgun with blue quality or something like that.
    If a first aid cross appers you get a random healing item like antibiotics or a bullet symbol gives you a random type of ammunition like a set of 5 sniper bullets.

    Those slot machines could be found at trader outposts or in bars.

    It might be a cool thing for the thrill if there are no interesting offers made by the trader or you just like to gamble a bit. It could be a nice thing if a low level character got a steel pick axe as a reward for playing risky.


    Sorry for my English. Greetings from Germany.

  4. #7684
    Hood Ornament Gamida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    2,953
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    *didnut

    :-)
    I'd bean stuud kerected, tanks yu mulch...and have a safe and happy new year...

  5. #7685
    Refugee BigMikJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    It Came From Under The Stairs
    Posts
    24
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by SylenThunder View Post
    Punctuation in the quotes has been fixed. Because it's way easier to read in proper English than a massive run-on sentence. Changes are marked in red.

    Would be nice, but may not be feasible.


    If you build it right, it's not an issue.


    I don't personally agree with this. It kind of goes against the main purpose of the game. Also, block crafting has been re-worked a couple of times already. Pretty sure the way the block upgrades work now is the way they will stay. It is pretty well balanced. You can however, mod the properties of the materials, blocks, recipes as you like.


    This isn't Minecraft. You can mod the SI for this if you want though. Building massively spanning towers really doesn't support the survival aspect, or overall aesthetic of the game. It's pretty easy to mod if you want though. I've done this for a few castle builds.
    Sounds like somebody's day started out ♥♥♥♥ty!

  6. #7686
    Community Moderator SylenThunder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    SE Michigan, out in the sticks.
    Posts
    5,711
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BigMikJ View Post
    Sounds like somebody's day started out ♥♥♥♥ty!
    Nah, just being real.

  7. #7687
    Colony Founder Dagzambie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    By the Beard! That's a big wolf!
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    Do you prioritize the fire or thin the Z's out a bit and hope your walls don't burn down?

  8. #7688
    Colony Founder Dagzambie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    By the Beard! That's a big wolf!
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrique View Post
    Just wanted to wish everyone here A HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    It's been a good thx for all the laughs, have a good one and be careful out there!!!
    It's a Zombie Apocalypse- how careful can we be?
    LOL, Happy New Year to you too! And all the other denizens of the forum!

  9. #7689
    Colony Founder Dagzambie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    By the Beard! That's a big wolf!
    Posts
    1,577
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanPatriot View Post
    Yes, thank you and wish everyone a happy new year too! We are already screwing up the place here in Berlin. Unfortunately we can't blow up the Bundestag to send Merkel to hell, hahaha.

    - - - Updated - - -

    If it is not totally against the "basic game idea" I would like to see slot machines in 7D2D just like there are some in Borderlands 2.

    One reel determines the type of item to win and the other reel determines it's colour/quality.

    Slot machines could be fed with casino tokens.

    For example you have a gun symbol and a green symbol what could lead to a hunting rifle with a quality level between 300 and 399 (set randomly). Or you have a tool symbol and get a nailgun with blue quality or something like that.
    If a first aid cross appers you get a random healing item like antibiotics or a bullet symbol gives you a random type of ammunition like a set of 5 sniper bullets.

    Those slot machines could be found at trader outposts or in bars.

    It might be a cool thing for the thrill if there are no interesting offers made by the trader or you just like to gamble a bit. It could be a nice thing if a low level character got a steel pick axe as a reward for playing risky.


    Sorry for my English. Greetings from Germany.
    I would think a future alpha is going to give us Dukes Casino, similar to Mos Eisley- scum, villainy, etc. I'm hoping for slots, table games and strange characters that give you dodgy quests. And zombie Go-Go dancers in cages suspended from the ceiling. Hello, Nurse!

    Your English is better than most of the native speakers on the forum. Greetings back to you from Oregon, USA.

  10. #7690
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    20
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagzambie View Post
    I would think a future alpha is going to give us Dukes Casino, similar to Mos Eisley- scum, villainy, etc. I'm hoping for slots, table games and strange characters that give you dodgy quests. And zombie Go-Go dancers in cages suspended from the ceiling. Hello, Nurse!

    Your English is better than most of the native speakers on the forum. Greetings back to you from Oregon, USA.
    Thanks, I appreciate that and hope you will have a great year 2018!

    And I agree with your idea that TFP could work on more athmospheric locations like the named and described ones. For me it would be most important to have places like the bar scene you pointed out where you can meet "real" NPC's who give you quests or maybe trade with you. But of course with less offered items than the "official" traders have, maybe some bullets, some food or some seeds.
    On the one hand a benefit was the fact that NPC's do not need to be controlled by an AI.

    On the other hand the bandits for example will take a lot of time to be implemented in the game because they need to have a working AI to take cover, escape zombies or find routes into buildings which can change their shapes every moment due to the block building system which will be the hardest challenge for an AI.

    We also experience permanently that the zombies in many cases are even unable to pass through doors right next to them or fail to jump on a single block.

    I think it will take a while to get this working but your idea of well designed places with NPC's should not be a big issue for TFP. Let's hope the best!

  11. #7691
    Colony Founder Royal Deluxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    4,222
    Rep Power
    1
    Happy new year.

    Any new Releases ?
    A 17 ?
    A 18 ?
    DLC ?

  12. #7692
    Tracker bayaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    161
    Rep Power
    0
    Happy Nude (New) Year. Since we start the day off with no clothes and have to wear plant fibers, happy itchings and a happy nude year.

  13. #7693
    Colony Founder The Last Survivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    3,035
    Rep Power
    1
    Happy New Year everyone!

    I'm looking forward to what The Fun Pimps have in store for 7 Days To Die in 2018, and beyond
    Last edited by The Last Survivor; 6 Days Ago at 10:10 AM.

  14. #7694
    Zombie Hunter Menace312's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    414
    Rep Power
    1
    Happy newyear!
    Goings-ons to sleep...

  15. #7695
    Leader
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    5,204
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Happy new year.

    Any new Releases ?
    A 17 ?
    A 18 ?
    DLC ?
    Did you sleep for a while 2 years or something????????

    We are upto a20. Game going gold shortly........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •