• Stream Event -> A17-E Released

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • DEV DIARY 1ST PAGE UPDATED: Oct 15

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
Page 514 of 2389 FirstFirst ... 1441446450451251351451551652456461410141514 ... LastLast
Results 7,696 to 7,710 of 35835

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I'd be all up for a Kin's Korner.

Leader
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Please excuse the rep's typo. Dunno what happened; some residual gusts from the tornado musta moved my fingers.
    Haha. Guppy for president 2018****

But... But... Devs don't listen, and they sure don't read our feedback!
    incorrect... they read posts that are 5 words or less

Thanks for the update Kin!

I'd be all up for a Kin's Korner.
    +1, hope it happens...

Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    —snip—
    And I see Kinyajuu is still using this fake old profile picture.
    Huh? What? Undercover Kin!

But... But... Devs don't listen, and they sure don't read our feedback!
    It's like positive feedback from a microphone... you hear it but you don't really want to listen to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post
    The overhaul process (Ranged Weapons):
    Ranged weapons have always felt wrong to me. The crosshair spread didn't represent the cone of fire and on top of that the FOV/resolution would change accuracy. I implemented the same fire cone code that I put in for the turrets. With that the new events/effects allowed us to set up things like clip size, fire rate, accuracy kickback as well as many other things. You can basically simulate just about any weapon now via xml values.
    This right here is going to have an enormous effect on the game. When you are low level with a basic gun without any mods the crosshairs area is huge when you are moving. If you stop and aim then it shrinks down to a smaller size depending on the gun and mods/ skills/ perks/ events.

Basically, bullets can hit ANYWHERE within the area marked out by the crosshairs so if you are backpedaling and firing, you might have the enemy’s head dead center in the crosshairs but if the hit area created by the points of the crosshairs extend past the head your bullets are as likely to miss as they are to hit.

Skills, perks, mods, and events can cause changes to everything about this system from the initial size of the crosshairs to the shape of them as Madmole showed in the last clip to how rapidly they shrink when you aim, etc.

The days of running and gunning from the hip before you have developed the right skill set to be able to do so are soon going to be over.

Get ready to adapt.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    This right here is going to have an enormous effect on the game. When you are low level with a basic gun without any mods the crosshairs area is huge when you are moving. If you stop and aim then it shrinks down to a smaller size depending on the gun and mods/ skills/ perks/ events.

Basically, bullets can hit ANYWHERE within the area marked out by the crosshairs so if you are backpedaling and firing, you might have the enemy’s head dead center in the crosshairs but if the hit area created by the points of the crosshairs extend past the head your bullets are as likely to miss as they are to hit.

Skills, perks, mods, and events can cause changes to everything about this system from the initial size of the crosshairs to the shape of them as Madmole showed in the last clip to how rapidly they shrink when you aim, etc.

The days of running and gunning from the hip before you have developed the right skill set to be able to do so are soon going to be over.

Get ready to adapt.
    Oh so that's why your wearing that bandanna. Because your adapting???

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    It was a requirement for the liability insurance.

So, checking in after a few weeks of absence. I see A17 has been in development for 4 months now, and I was wondering what the status is on bandits and a potential AI-improvement? Given that these were apparently the major things in the upcoming Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVegaNL View Post
    So, checking in after a few weeks of absence. I see A17 has been in development for 4 months now, and I was wondering what the status is on bandits and a potential AI-improvement? Given that these were apparently the major things in the upcoming Alpha.
    The only thing we've been told so far is that the animations look a lot better now, they're using the same blend-tree/mecanim system that was demonstrated in Mr Mole's last vid.

No news on AI. Nothing, nada, zip, zilch... not even a hint.

LazMan just quoted Kinyajuu's post above. There were a lot of underlying systems that had to be reconstructed and now that this is shaping up they can start using it to improve other factors of the system. Their AI system, I'm sure, will be rebuilt to take into account all of the additional information now available. I think it is still a little too early to ask for a status on the roof of the house when the foundation was just poured and is still drying.

Or, if you prefer, BANDITS ARE GOING TO BE GREAT!!!!

Right now they are working on animations for bandits. Everything that has been shown for players also applies to bandits. I know someone has been tasked with NPC AI but don’t know the progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post
    It's almost like I read the forums regularly.
    That's very unlikely since I cannot see any mental health issues. I mean, just have a look at Roland...

Quote Originally Posted by Maharin View Post
    LazMan just quoted Kinyajuu's post above. There were a lot of underlying systems that had to be reconstructed and now that this is shaping up they can start using it to improve other factors of the system. Their AI system, I'm sure, will be rebuilt to take into account all of the additional information now available. I think it is still a little too early to ask for a status on the roof of the house when the foundation was just poured and is still drying.

Or, if you prefer, BANDITS ARE GOING TO BE GREAT!!!!
    Pathfinding and behavior trees are the foundations of AI. There should be something demonstrable by now if it was being changed. We don't even know _if_ behavior trees are being used never mind what type of tree is being implemented. Most behavior trees can be built at runtime from xml (with a bit of boiler-plate code) and I'm hoping they've opened these up to modders.

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pille View Post
    That's very unlikely since I cannot see any mental health issues. I mean, just have a look at Roland...
    Sometimes it takes two independent posts to come to the truth...