View Poll Results: Alpha 17

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A17 will be released when the bugs are fixed

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • Feature Freeze -> Hitler Video ->

    0 0%
  • Madmole gameplay -> Spider Meme ->

    0 0%
  • A17-E Release Candidate ->

    0 0%
  • Stream Event -> A17-E Released

    0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: Sept 15

    0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: Sept 15

    0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

    0 0%
Page 803 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 30370375379380180280380480581385390313031803 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,045 of 33734

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

  1. #12031
    Survivor
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    76
    Rep Power
    0
    Right now its 28/33
    aka 84.84 % to finish or 15.16% done

  2. #12032
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    723
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrt View Post
    Playing A16 earlier I came to realize just how great this game is.
    The only video game I play, the only one I need really.

    If A17 releases in May I'd be OK with that.
    I still enjoy A16 immensely!

    A toast, to our friends The Fun Pimps.
    Agreed, I know I can be kind of an @ss/troll but this game IS the best... and its in Alpha. Its the lack of info on A17 that's bringing out my inner troll. Not to push the blame... just sayin.

    Serious Question. With the vehicle/physics revamp, will the game seem less choppy when driving? I mean I could be getting over 100 frames per second and it feels like 25, I'm not sure how else to explain it.
    Last edited by SnowDog1942; 03-04-2018 at 12:12 AM.

  3. #12033
    Fun Pimps Staff Gazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    In your brains. Thinking your thoughts.
    Posts
    7,942
    Rep Power
    2
    Are you using VR mode without the hardware? Maybe your driver is software-emulating shutter glasses.

  4. #12034
    Survivor almightypmj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    68
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    That could also mean a game feature got cut.

    #conspiracy
    This makes more sense for an HP bar dropping. The more features that get cut the lower your HP goes until Alpha 17 is dead.......Maybe it should be an experience bar? We should put XP bars in game just for Roland. I can just hear him now, "Oh @%$# no, HP bars were screen cluttering enough!"

    I just remembered, there already is an XP bar. They just made it so unobtrusive that I forget that it's there.
    Last edited by almightypmj; 03-04-2018 at 01:17 AM.

  5. #12035
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0

    Let's begin!

    I have a suggestion for the devs, that many of us will like for sure!



    The announcement for the update was at the 18th of september 2017, so it's already half a year ago that the whole A17 thingy started... :/

    What kind of scares me too, is the 75% hp bar, that has to "run down" and it needed half a year for 25% to be gone...
    This means, that there are still about 1 1/2 years left to be at 0%? o_o

    We also received the last update at the 27th of october 2017, and it was mostly a bugfix update! ;-;




    So why not just split the update apart, focus on completing one thing after an other and release it step by step?



    Why this is smart im my opinion?

    - We can actually feel every progress on the game then, what gives us (as the players) a good feeling and way more fun playing it!
    (Some people pay tonnes of extra money on games, just to get them a bit earlier! This is a perfect example, of how humans work! )

    - At Steam it looks way better if someone takes a look at the update history!
    ("Last Update: Half a year ago!" makes people fear pretty quickly that it's another quitting Dev-Team!)
    (Would by far not be the first time! XD)

    - Corrupted saves or probems like that can be solved, by Steam's funtion to bring up "unstable" updates they are optional!
    (So people can actually choose by themself, if they think it's worth a crash or even a currupted save-file!)

    - We can also help finding bugs, so they dont even appear in the final release anymore!

    - And as my last and final point in the list: We can give feedback of what we miss, what is already great and what could be changed/improved so this will give the game a great ballance and an amazing gaming experience!




    After all of this text I want to apologize for my grammar, thank you for your interest and also thank you for the time you spend to read all of this! ^^

    Feel free to comment my idea, since I'm very excited about your thoughts already!




    Sincearly

    Vanessa
    Last edited by Miss Ecchi; 03-04-2018 at 01:06 AM.

  6. #12036
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    12,170
    Rep Power
    2
    I forgive you for the grammar but the yellow text at the end that is unreadable on mobile is absolutely unforgivable.

  7. #12037
    Colony Founder TSBX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    "Welcome to Costco, I love you."
    Posts
    1,768
    Rep Power
    1
    Just the yellow?!?!

    EDIT: I told you guys HP bars were a bad idea.
    Last edited by TSBX; 03-04-2018 at 01:33 AM.

  8. #12038
    Colony Founder Dagzambie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    By the Beard! That's a big wolf!
    Posts
    1,680
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ecchi View Post
    I have a suggestion for the devs, that many of us will like for sure!



    The announcement for the update was at the 18th of september 2017, so it's already half a year ago that the whole A17 thingy started... :/

    What kind of scares me too, is the 75% hp bar, that has to "run down" and it needed half a year for 25% to be gone...
    This means, that there are still about 1 1/2 years left to be at 0%? o_o

    We also received the last update at the 27th of october 2017, and it was mostly a bugfix update! ;-;




    So why not just split the update apart, focus on completing one thing after an other and release it step by step?



    Why this is smart im my opinion?

    - We can actually feel every progress on the game then, what gives us (as the players) a good feeling and way more fun playing it!
    (Some people pay tonnes of extra money on games, just to get them a bit earlier! This is a perfect example, of how humans work! )

    - At Steam it looks way better if someone takes a look at the update history!
    ("Last Update: Half a year ago!" makes people fear pretty quickly that it's another quitting Dev-Team!)
    (Would by far not be the first time! XD)

    - Corrupted saves or probems like that can be solved, by Steam's funtion to bring up "unstable" updates they are optional!
    (So people can actually choose by themself, if they think it's worth a crash or even a currupted save-file!)

    - We can also help finding bugs, so they dont even appear in the final release anymore!

    - And as my last and final point in the list: We can give feedback of what we miss, what is already great and what could be changed/improved so this will give the game a great ballance and an amazing gaming experience!




    After all of this text I want to apologize for my grammar, thank you for your interest and also thank you for the time you spend to read all of this! ^^

    Feel free to comment my idea, since I'm very excited about your thoughts already!




    Sincearly

    Vanessa
    Not to poop on your rainbow, but I'd rather the Pimps focus entirely on A17 and not put a bunch of unneeded man hours into splitting and trying to make half of their update work. In the end, it would take longer to accomplish what you want.

    The Fun Pimps are a professional team. They know what needs worked on and what order it needs to be done.

    Until then, we have some amazing mods available to occupy your time.

    Again, not picking on you, Vanessa. A lot of people want what you want. Heck, I want it! But I also have experience with running large, complex projects. Some things just take a long time to design. Other parts of the project may rely on just that one piece of the puzzle being finished before the rest can even begin to be worked on.

    Cheers, and welcome to the Forum!

  9. #12039
    Reconstructionist Darkfoxx117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    648
    Rep Power
    1
    The blue is the hardest to see.

  10. #12040
    Colony Founder TSBX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    "Welcome to Costco, I love you."
    Posts
    1,768
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkfoxx117 View Post
    The blue is the hardest to see.

  11. #12041
    Reconstructionist
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    723
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz View Post
    Are you using VR mode without the hardware? Maybe your driver is software-emulating shutter glasses.
    wow, thank you so much, finally fixed it!

  12. #12042
    Colony Founder TSBX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    "Welcome to Costco, I love you."
    Posts
    1,768
    Rep Power
    1
    Has anybody mentioned how concerned they are that their unreasonable expectations haven't been met yet?

  13. #12043
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    1,072
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ecchi View Post
    The announcement for the update was at the 18th of september 2017, so it's already half a year ago that the whole A17 thingy started... :/

    What kind of scares me too, is the 75% hp bar, that has to "run down" and it needed half a year for 25% to be gone...
    Roland never said where or when he put the 100% mark.

  14. #12044
    Zombie Hunter dhlmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by meganoth View Post
    Roland never said where or when he put the 100% mark.
    And he also specifically said that the bar won't drop down at a steady rate.

  15. #12045
    Fun Pimps Staff Kinyajuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Posts
    358
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by dhlmaster View Post
    And he also specifically said that the bar won't drop down at a steady rate.
    It could also go up at any time.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •