Page 10 of 78 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official A17 Developer's Diary for Developers

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by dhlmaster View Post
    And he also specifically said that the bar won't drop down at a steady rate.
    It could also go up at any time.

Quote Originally Posted by zilverster View Post
    So maybe it isn't the fault of you keyboard being so loud. Don't you know your own strength? you are just slamming the keys
    Yes its my keyboard screaming in pain

https://youtu.be/9EHCRgTbO-g Dialogue system. Craftable guns are legit too though, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Laz Man View Post
    Short but sweet. Thanks MM and Prime!!!

Will the new dialogue and quest system be moddable in A17? This would allow us really go to town with custom story elements. (TWD recreation here we come!)
    Yes, both will be moddable through their xmls.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Also...the trader had boobs. I ONLY noticed because I couldn’t see her eyes...
    That was Trader Joel...this is awkward...

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixshade35 View Post
    I like that the dialog options are simple and basic, honestly aside from adding more options I dont think the look of it will have to change at all, I can't wait to become a quest hunter, would make things interesting, one question @Prime, will there be only skill points as rewards or will there also be random loot with random quality as per what the quests give or items given? Such as Clear Police Station of Sleepers - Reward Pistol, finish in 30 min receive ammo of random amount?
    When a quest from a trader is completed, you will be receiving items and probably duke coins. We are still finalizing these details though so can't really tell you any more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixshade35 View Post
    Fair Enough, I was curious and its good to hear that you guys did think of it, will we still find the scraps of quests to maybe have to turn into the traders? As an example if we find a random quest around while looting or killing zombies could they be taken to traders around the map to unlock those quests to randomly generate with those traders? I think it would be an interesting incentive to find quests for the traders.
    The challenges will still be activated from the challenge notes. They have been reworked though and will also be turned into the traders for rewards.
    Last edited by Prime; 03-06-2018 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Nice Cup of Tea View Post
    It's Sunday, man.

Let madmole have his weekend off!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHU2QCci218

Here you go everyone, was doing some stuff today and made a recording. Nothing official per se, was simply testing some of the mod events and actions.

Maybe this'll help make the wait for a new official video easier.
    Last edited by Kinyajuu; 03-11-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Neat! I notice at 20 seconds in the sight moves farther away from the eye/camera. Was that an action the player triggers manually, or something else?

The other thing I notice is that the firing sound is different. Are you doing some new post-processing we haven't heard before?
    That camera move (the zoom out) is a bug where the mod wasn't keeping the distance close up. May end up as a zoom level between the two like with the scope. Just getting the AttachPrefabToHeldItem action script to work and put things where they need to be at the moment.

The sound is now a single shot at a time. What you hear is the lack of an echo when the trigger is released for a moment. It's something I'm coding back in now that we have the item/mod system done. Basically if it's the last shot on a burst or auto then play the echo variant, if semi auto, always play the echo variant.

I've also made a scope that zooms only in the lens area but it's still being worked on as well. This was a very rough draft vid of the first scope attachment mod.

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    You killed them all. Great job!

No really, that's a nice scope on the AK-47.Do you plan to make it into a night scope as well?

The sound of the weapon sounds off. It does not sound like one. Is that a bug?

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forums Space!
    To answer your question:

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post
    That camera move (the zoom out) is a bug where the mod wasn't keeping the distance close up. May end up as a zoom level between the two like with the scope. Just getting the AttachPrefabToHeldItem action script to work and put things where they need to be at the moment.

The sound is now a single shot at a time. What you hear is the lack of an echo when the trigger is released for a moment. It's something I'm coding back in now that we have the item/mod system done. Basically if it's the last shot on a burst or auto then play the echo variant, if semi auto, always play the echo variant.

I've also made a scope that zooms only in the lens area but it's still being worked on as well. This was a very rough draft vid of the first scope attachment mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
    Kinyajuu it has probably been mentioned before a million times but I don't follow the forums close enough to know the answer, are we going to get a night vision version of the sniper rifle scope so that we can actually use the sniper rifle at night?
    Maybe? :P

A few more little screens, this is of the zoomed one. Also was easily able to attach our night vision shader script to it. Just wasn't sure what the settings were supposed to be on it and didn't bug anyone about it since it was just a fun sunday thing. The final version will likely look different but I would imagine the function will be the same.

scope01.jpg
    scope02.jpg
    scope03.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by cnconrad View Post
    I realize it's rough so don't take this as anything but a question.

But, are you planning on removing the cross hairs when zoomed in with a red dot? They kind of detract from a nice looking scope.

I just realized I quoted a different post. I was referring to the video.
    Heh no worries. I'm an avid shooter player as well as an RPG fan. I'm trying my best to make the handling and such something both sides will enjoy in PvE and PvP.

Kinda? I was either going to have to remove the crosshair entirely or hybridize (my preferred method). The idea being that if you wanted a moving crosshair for knowing your fire cone, you could, but you wouldn't have a red dot. Instead, holo sight like lines that do like the above old OnGUI crosshairs but would look much nicer. But say you're topped out level 200 with a 0 spread when not moving. Might as well toss a red dot on it as you know it'll be accurate.

So red dot and other scope sights would be one type, then a specialized type for seeing your fire cone. Will likely be more than a couple reticles.

I'm still working on how to merge the two things in a way that feels good to players of both RPG and FPS games. I'm homing in on a solution though.
    Last edited by Kinyajuu; 03-12-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetrameth View Post
    *shudders* I coudn't think of much worse... and then I rememebered the current state of the sniper rifle scope.

Speaking of which, I made a humble request aeons ago about getting its graphic changed to something much less painful. A nice clean Mildot or perhaps even something a litle fancier.

Attachment 24131
    Well it's going to depend on what the art guys want there. I write systems and game mechanics. The scopes in the video and screenshots are placeholders for me to use to get the functionality working, such as being able to have a mod attach a prefab that can be used as a scope. Find a way to allow night vision and zooming without having to zoom the entire screen. Things like that

That said, I will make a suggestion as to what to model the sniper scope's crosshair after. The final decision on that is Madmole's though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    How about doing 3 types? Make one RPG-ish and another FPS-ish and another that is a hybrid? Everyone gets what they prefer. Find the weapon with the scope they want (or how ever that will work) Or maybe a special purchase from a trader? so they can customize to any type?
    Well the idea was to use the holo sight for doing both while the red dot simply does the center point. I would adjust the holo range in script so that it's circle size will match that of the firing cone of the weapon it's on. Holos can have pretty much any reticle so i would set it up so that we could apply shapes to it. At least that's the plan. I'll have to see how it turns out.