• Stream Event -> A17-E Released

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: Sept 15

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: Sept 15

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
Page 835 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 33573578582583383483583683784588593513351835 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,525 of 33730

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    That was a dangerous search my friend. Who know what black hole in the galaxy could have been opened by erroneous search results!
    Yeah Jax is right Gamida
    Who knows. You might have pulled out so many funny post that we ALL might have died laughing.
    Last edited by sillls; 03-11-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxTeller718 View Post
    That was a dangerous search my friend. Who know what black hole in the galaxy could have been opened by erroneous search results!
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    Yeah Jax is right Gamida
    Who knows. You might have pulled out so many funny post that we ALL might have died laughing.
    Hey I knew my chances. It was for the good of the forum...it was worth the risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    Ppl will then just use the graphics card settings itself to counter it, instead of the games settings. Quite a few monitors also allow you to set it's gamma settings even before you turn on the computer. This is a no win situation you're purposing and cannot be controlled.
    And that's why it's pointless to cap the gamma setting.
    The only ones asking for that would be the ones ready to adjust their monitor or gfx driver. LOL

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by kamer1337 View Post
    i mentioned it already 300 pages or so before but please make gamma setting max to 100%. someone will say "then dont use 200% use 100%", but i use 200% to take adventage because i can. and i play pvp servers so it would be nice to have it max 100% not 200%. solution could be serverside setting
    tbf the nvg are finally good enough to negate the cheesiness of increasing your gamma

Quote Originally Posted by uowaep View Post
    As a coder: 98% of the things people suggest are easy to implement, especially toggles, and especially when there is no asset creation involved. If Fun Pimps disagree, they can hire me, and I can prove them wrong. Also for some reason, people have a hard time with the concept of toggles. There is something in their subconscious that tells them that even though it is an option, it is going to ruin their game. Even if they are the one running the server and choosing which toggles to use.
    Toggles can absolutely ruin a game.

Take state of decay's permadeath for example. Giving the player the option to have their character perma dead or toggle on a second life would ruin the entire concept of the game.

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by cnconrad View Post
    Toggles can absolutely ruin a game.

Take state of decay's permadeath for example. Giving the player the option to have their character perma dead or toggle on a second life would ruin the entire concept of the game.
    I get what you're saying. Sure, if it undermines the entire point of the game, yea, that would easily ruin the game concept, maybe not the game, but the concept. As a developer I'd understand why not to give an option in that case, for sure. I don't think something like respawning cars would exactly ruin the game concept. Personally I'd like no loot to ever respawn, which is in the same spirit as cars not respawning. I personally would not have cars respawn, but the option would be nice. I could see loot respawning in places like camps, and abandoned bases if there were npc humans running around trying to survive, leaving loot and bodies behind and whatnot. If there were changes made to bring loot to new players in semi-realistic ways even after all the structures have been looted, then you wouldn't even need to consider such toggles. For example, schematics could be read-only, non-consumable in a no-loot-respawn world. Think of the pvp raids.

On the subject of underground danger as a toggle: You'd think the spirit of the game would leave no space safe, right? But at the current state, underground is safe, and some people don't want that to change, even though the game concept is to face actual danger every 7th night (which you can hack off in the xml files anyway).

New video today maybe?

that boss is not dieing we need stronger s*it xDDD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceghost View Post
    New video today maybe?
    hopefully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqrWmpQsKNw
    Not.....

Are We There Yet!!

Zombie Hunter A Nice Cup of Tea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceghost View Post
    New video today maybe?
    It's Sunday, man.

Let madmole have his weekend off!

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by A Nice Cup of Tea View Post
    It's Sunday, man.

Let madmole have his weekend off!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHU2QCci218

Here you go everyone, was doing some stuff today and made a recording. Nothing official per se, was simply testing some of the mod events and actions.

Maybe this'll help make the wait for a new official video easier.
    Last edited by Kinyajuu; 03-11-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post

Here you go everyone, was doing some stuff today and made a recording. Nothing official per se, was simply testing some of the mod events and actions.

Neat! I notice at 20 seconds in the sight moves farther away from the eye/camera. Was that an action the player triggers manually, or something else?

The other thing I notice is that the firing sound is different. Are you doing some new post-processing we haven't heard before?

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Neat! I notice at 20 seconds in the sight moves farther away from the eye/camera. Was that an action the player triggers manually, or something else?

The other thing I notice is that the firing sound is different. Are you doing some new post-processing we haven't heard before?
    That camera move (the zoom out) is a bug where the mod wasn't keeping the distance close up. May end up as a zoom level between the two like with the scope. Just getting the AttachPrefabToHeldItem action script to work and put things where they need to be at the moment.

The sound is now a single shot at a time. What you hear is the lack of an echo when the trigger is released for a moment. It's something I'm coding back in now that we have the item/mod system done. Basically if it's the last shot on a burst or auto then play the echo variant, if semi auto, always play the echo variant.

I've also made a scope that zooms only in the lens area but it's still being worked on as well. This was a very rough draft vid of the first scope attachment mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post

Awesome stuff! Nice getting these little snippets of you and others showing what you all are doing and what it can be capable of, even if it's not a "Official" thing

Nice stuff Kin!