• Stream Event -> A17-E Released

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: Sept 15

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: Sept 15

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
Page 836 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 33673678682683483583683783884688693613361836 ... LastLast
Results 12,526 to 12,540 of 33730

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Survivor
    Cool. These kind of weapon mods will be a welcomed addition to the game.

In before the Debbie crew "concerns" start being trotted out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHU2QCci218

Here you go everyone, was doing some stuff today and made a recording. Nothing official per se, was simply testing some of the mod events and actions.

Maybe this'll help make the wait for a new official video easier.
    That looks very smooth I must say... Kudos Kin!

Here you go everyone, was doing some stuff today and made a recording. Nothing official per se, was simply testing some of the mod events and actions.

It sort of made the wait easier....watched your 1:57 minute video and then got distracted watching other videos on youtube for 35 minutes...

Colony Founder

You killed them all. Great job!

No really, that's a nice scope on the AK-47.Do you plan to make it into a night scope as well?

The sound of the weapon sounds off. It does not sound like one. Is that a bug?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceghost View Post
    New video today maybe?
    Welcome to the forums Space!

When we will get Rain on 7 days to die? A17 or future Alphas?

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    You killed them all. Great job!

No really, that's a nice scope on the AK-47.Do you plan to make it into a night scope as well?

The sound of the weapon sounds off. It does not sound like one. Is that a bug?

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome to the forums Space!
    To answer your question:

That camera move (the zoom out) is a bug where the mod wasn't keeping the distance close up. May end up as a zoom level between the two like with the scope. Just getting the AttachPrefabToHeldItem action script to work and put things where they need to be at the moment.

The sound is now a single shot at a time. What you hear is the lack of an echo when the trigger is released for a moment. It's something I'm coding back in now that we have the item/mod system done. Basically if it's the last shot on a burst or auto then play the echo variant, if semi auto, always play the echo variant.

I've also made a scope that zooms only in the lens area but it's still being worked on as well. This was a very rough draft vid of the first scope attachment mod.

Reconstructionist
    Kinyajuu it has probably been mentioned before a million times but I don't follow the forums close enough to know the answer, are we going to get a night vision version of the sniper rifle scope so that we can actually use the sniper rifle at night?

I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
    Kinyajuu it has probably been mentioned before a million times but I don't follow the forums close enough to know the answer, are we going to get a night vision version of the sniper rifle scope so that we can actually use the sniper rifle at night?
    Maybe? :P

A few more little screens, this is of the zoomed one. Also was easily able to attach our night vision shader script to it. Just wasn't sure what the settings were supposed to be on it and didn't bug anyone about it since it was just a fun sunday thing. The final version will likely look different but I would imagine the function will be the same.

scope01.jpg
    scope02.jpg
    scope03.jpg

Maybe? :P

A few more little screens, this is of the zoomed one. Also was easily able to attach our night vision shader script to it. Just wasn't sure what the settings were supposed to be on it and didn't bug anyone about it since it was just a fun sunday thing. The final version will likely look different but I would imagine the function will be the same.

scope01.jpg
    scope02.jpg
    scope03.jpg
    I realize it's rough so don't take this as anything but a question.

But, are you planning on removing the cross hairs when zoomed in with a red dot? They kind of detract from a nice looking scope.

I just realized I quoted a different post. I was referring to the video.

Quote Originally Posted by cnconrad View Post
    I realize it's rough so don't take this as anything but a question.

But, are you planning on removing the cross hairs when zoomed in with a red dot? They kind of detract from a nice looking scope.

I just realized I quoted a different post. I was referring to the video.
    Heh no worries. I'm an avid shooter player as well as an RPG fan. I'm trying my best to make the handling and such something both sides will enjoy in PvE and PvP.

Kinda? I was either going to have to remove the crosshair entirely or hybridize (my preferred method). The idea being that if you wanted a moving crosshair for knowing your fire cone, you could, but you wouldn't have a red dot. Instead, holo sight like lines that do like the above old OnGUI crosshairs but would look much nicer. But say you're topped out level 200 with a 0 spread when not moving. Might as well toss a red dot on it as you know it'll be accurate.

So red dot and other scope sights would be one type, then a specialized type for seeing your fire cone. Will likely be more than a couple reticles.

I'm still working on how to merge the two things in a way that feels good to players of both RPG and FPS games. I'm homing in on a solution though.
    Last edited by Kinyajuu; 03-12-2018 at 02:47 AM.

Reconstructionist
    I tried to click on the pictures you posted so I could see a larger version and got the following error.

Xeen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So I guess I won't be seeing any detail LOL
    Thank you for the response, I am very happy because I've been wanting to use the sniper rifle at night for forever now and have pretty much stopped using the sniper rifle all together because of it.
    Last edited by Xeen; 03-12-2018 at 02:53 AM.

oh god I'm getting more and more anxious for this. So many amazing changes/additions!!

also noted the new alpha took a hit, tho it seems to have landed on the feet

Tracker
    Hey Kinyajuu, would it be possible down the road in game to find magazines that would allow different dot sights? I know it might not seem realistic to some but I love aiming down my sight and seeing a biohazard symbol, i think it would be fun to see what people would use, you could even put in a 7 for the game in the same style as it is on the home page, just some fun ideas im glad your having fun with the mods on the guns, I can't wait to have fun with all the different customizations that could be coming