• Stream Event -> A17-E Released

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: Sept 15

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: Sept 15

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
Page 837 of 2249 FirstFirst ... 33773778782783583683783883984788793713371837 ... LastLast
Results 12,541 to 12,555 of 33730

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
    I tried to click on the pictures you posted so I could see a larger version and got the following error.

Xeen, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?

2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

So I guess I won't be seeing any detail LOL
    Thank you for the response, I am very happy because I've been wanting to use the sniper rifle at night for forever now and have pretty much stopped using the sniper rifle all together because of it.
    I think Roland can fix that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post
    Heh no worries. I'm an avid shooter player as well as an RPG fan. I'm trying my best to make the handling and such something both sides will enjoy in PvE and PvP.

Kinda? I was either going to have to remove the crosshair entirely or hybridize (my preferred method). The idea being that if you wanted a moving crosshair for knowing your fire cone, you could, but you wouldn't have a red dot. Instead, holo sight like lines that do like the above old OnGUI crosshairs but would look much nicer. But say you're topped out level 200 with a 0 spread when not moving. Might as well toss a red dot on it as you know it'll be accurate.

So red dot and other scope sights would be one type, then a specialized type for seeing your fire cone. Will likely be more than a couple reticles.

I'm still working on how to merge the two things in a way that feels good to players of both RPG and FPS games. I'm homing in on a solution though.
    How about doing 3 types? Make one RPG-ish and another FPS-ish and another that is a hybrid? Everyone gets what they prefer. Find the weapon with the scope they want (or how ever that will work) Or maybe a special purchase from a trader? so they can customize to any type?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixshade35 View Post
    I love aiming down my sight and seeing a biohazard symbol
    *shudders* I coudn't think of much worse... and then I rememebered the current state of the sniper rifle scope.

Speaking of which, I made a humble request aeons ago about getting its graphic changed to something much less painful. A nice clean Mildot or perhaps even something a litle fancier.

ARMA.jpg

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetrameth View Post
    *shudders* I coudn't think of much worse... and then I rememebered the current state of the sniper rifle scope.

Speaking of which, I made a humble request aeons ago about getting its graphic changed to something much less painful. A nice clean Mildot or perhaps even something a litle fancier.

ARMA.jpg
    Well it's going to depend on what the art guys want there. I write systems and game mechanics. The scopes in the video and screenshots are placeholders for me to use to get the functionality working, such as being able to have a mod attach a prefab that can be used as a scope. Find a way to allow night vision and zooming without having to zoom the entire screen. Things like that

That said, I will make a suggestion as to what to model the sniper scope's crosshair after. The final decision on that is Madmole's though.

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    How about doing 3 types? Make one RPG-ish and another FPS-ish and another that is a hybrid? Everyone gets what they prefer. Find the weapon with the scope they want (or how ever that will work) Or maybe a special purchase from a trader? so they can customize to any type?
    Well the idea was to use the holo sight for doing both while the red dot simply does the center point. I would adjust the holo range in script so that it's circle size will match that of the firing cone of the weapon it's on. Holos can have pretty much any reticle so i would set it up so that we could apply shapes to it. At least that's the plan. I'll have to see how it turns out.

Well the idea was to use the holo sight for doing both while the red dot simply does the center point. I would adjust the holo range in script so that it's circle size will match that of the firing cone of the weapon it's on. Holos can have pretty much any reticle so i would set it up so that we could apply shapes to it. At least that's the plan. I'll have to see how it turns out.
    Oh! That sounds like a cool plan. Nice! Hope it works out.

Will the 3rd person camera always be set like that? Kinda reminds me of Resident Evil 4.

That would be cool and would definitely not break immersion like the cross hairs laid on top of a red dot!

Love the idea tint the cross hairs red and make them be the Holo sight! Smart man. Could even make it a ring the size of your cross hairs and then it would be brilliant.

Also getting acog 4x sights to zoom in without zooming the entire screen would definitely be a high dollar touch that even some regular fps games can't manage.

See you can post your rough outlines/ plans and we totally don't expect the moon and stars.
    Last edited by cnconrad; 03-12-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Heh no worries. I'm an avid shooter player as well as an RPG fan. I'm trying my best to make the handling and such something both sides will enjoy in PvE and PvP.

Kinda? I was either going to have to remove the crosshair entirely or hybridize (my preferred method). The idea being that if you wanted a moving crosshair for knowing your fire cone, you could, but you wouldn't have a red dot. Instead, holo sight like lines that do like the above old OnGUI crosshairs but would look much nicer. But say you're topped out level 200 with a 0 spread when not moving. Might as well toss a red dot on it as you know it'll be accurate.

So red dot and other scope sights would be one type, then a specialized type for seeing your fire cone. Will likely be more than a couple reticles.

I'm still working on how to merge the two things in a way that feels good to players of both RPG and FPS games. I'm homing in on a solution though.
    TL;DR: you're working on literally the first person shooting part of the game, and you want it to feel good for players of first person shooters.

Yup, that checks out.

Quote Originally Posted by archergod View Post
    underground can be make interesting by adding Environmental hazards there. like iron chuck or coal chunk they can make a uranium chunk, if someone dig there it radiation, and destroy that chunk will be like 15000 hit point. It will be effective if it appear more than at least diamond chunk.

Similarly we can make underground gas leak from bedrock, so if you are say in 15 block radius of that you can experience uncertain urge in gas leak result in poisoning etc to player.

For POI, they should not be random room, yes I do expect random Wall safe other than other random stuff already done or added. having random container or night stands in POI is welcome as well.
    Iron chuncks next to coal, uranium & diamond chuncks? The geologist in me is chringing!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackelmyer View Post
    Love you guys, but dude... 7D2D excitement has kinda left the building. I know you guys are working your butts off. And I know, ya want more polished things to show...

Buuuuut.... A14-A16, I stayed engaged because of teasers, of show and tells, of every now and then having something to look forward too even if it was a ways off...

I've kinda lost interest at this point in 7D2D. Not really looking to give you guys crap. Just thought you might want to hear the feedback in a non-tantrum way.

Thanks for the good times TFP.

❤️
    You're not the only one, mate.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHU2QCci218

Here you go everyone, was doing some stuff today and made a recording. Nothing official per se, was simply testing some of the mod events and actions.

Maybe this'll help make the wait for a new official video easier.
    Thanks for the video mate. I see you guys added numbers to the health bar as well.. blegh.

The new zombie health bar in Alpha 17 screenshot just released!

th.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqrWmpQsKNw
    Thx Kin you are Awesome!!

Are We There Yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid74 View Post
    The new zombie health bar in Alpha 17 screenshot just released!

th.jpg
    Come on, this one is not bad.

When will we get a video from Roland showing him working on the red bar?