Page 14 of 101 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official A17 Developer's Diary for Developers

Check out the new Perishton and silencer weapon mod!

https://youtu.be/h3G2zOj5kLQ

Quote Originally Posted by zWolfer View Post
    Its pretty clear that there is sexism in this game.

I realized that all zombie girls are weaker at least in HP than any male zombies..
    In MadMole new video, you can see a Nurse zombie.. She has 80HP.. The male zombie Rotting Carcas can barely walk and has 150HP.

To me, they are zombies.. Genders should not make one stronger than another, only if they are different zombies.

Special zombies should be stronger because they are specials. But normal zombies being stronger because they are guys and not girls, its crasy and not cool.

Its my feedback, if you dont think im right, just respect my opinion.. thanks
    Sorry bro, but thats like saying little kids are as tough as adults. But its not sexist, its pure science. Larger animals take more bullets to take down so bigger zombies should have more hit points and hit harder than smaller ones. The fat female zombie has a lot more hit points than a small man zombie, so no we're not being sexist about this. Not that you shouldn't expect some sexism in a game made by "fun pimps"

That said its pretty much unanimously agreed that males are generally bigger and stronger than females of equal genetic makeup and training conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimo Sabi View Post
    Yeah... I nearly got hooked.

Its funny though since the big fat Bertha (whatever the name) zombie has more hitpoints. Ah whatever each to their own. In my opinion its the size of meat that matters. If the nurse were 400 pounds of im sure someone would get rekt. <is this a word? I dont post much, but im glad for the update.
    I use it so it must be! I mean if you want to be correct you can say wrecked.

Quote Originally Posted by cnconrad View Post
    Hey Madmole don't get distracted by this troll.

Are you really getting rid of the regular Forest and planes biome.

I strongly disagree with this idea. You are effectively sticking us with 1 single good biome to start with. This is not a good design decision in my opinion.

I just restarted 7 days for a 16 as as someone who has 400+ hours in starting in a burnt biome surrounded by snow biomes is an extremely not fun start. I couldn't even imagine how turned off a new player would be.
    Maple forest is just forest... plains is just basically desert nobody is losing anything really other than these can be sub biomes now. Anyhow the new terrain shader can only handle so many textures so something had to give and this will help the game run better. Trust me the new art will make you quickly forget about the old stuff. One gorgeous forest is better than two ♥♥♥♥ty ones.

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasSurvives View Post
    Really enjoyed the new video except the damage to stamina and not being able to recover fully, If you are at full hunger how can you restore it since you cannot eat until you are hungry, I really don't get the reason for this, Having to constantly eat just to restore full stamina/health seems very annoying unenjoyable.
    Max Stamina = Fullness level
    Stamina will only regen up to the modified max (how much fuel you have in the tank AKA Food.)
    Keep it topped off longer with good hearty foods that will provide an over time fullness rather than a simple jolt of energy

Water controls the regen rate of both stamina and HP (current value and max). It will also restore some Stamina. If you're dehydrated you regen stamina and hp slower. (Min 25% regen speed) This means that eating while low on water won't do you as much good as eating while hydrated.

HP is how much fight you currently have in you. The modified max hp is how banged up you are. (Min 25% of actual max hp) This means that you can quick fix some bleeding and such in a fight (hp) but for each point of health lost you lose a fraction of your max HP. Using higher end healing items will restore this, as will time. Similar to a recovery time after a bad fight. Patch it up proper and it'll heal faster, let it go and it'll still heal, it will just take longer and give you less overall hp for your next fight.
    Last edited by Kinyajuu; 04-15-2018 at 04:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldranon View Post
    This will work as long as there is a threshold where loss of hunger and thirst has no effect on stamina.
    There is.

I won't confirm or deny anything but those things are obviously level designer tools.

Ingame you wouldn't need more than a compass marker.

I'd suggest to have a cup of tea and calm down but...

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Rust Buddy View Post
    Hey faatal

What about breaking blocks? Can zombies break blocks or hatches above them or below them? In the past they stood too close to fences so that their swings never hit and they get stuck. Any work done on having them stand back a bit when breaking blocks? These are things I would suggest as a Rust Buddy.
    They try to break blocks now when a path says to go through a block, but the random hitting makes it flaky.
    This is one of the next things I plan to address, like this week. Random block hitting has got to change to targeted hits when needed.

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    No Panic, the speed stamina is drained will be easy to edit. (Nearly sure about that)
    (Even if Hardcoded it should be easy to balance by TFP)

So not worth to discuss it (because of fear) before we can test/experience it
    It'll be stupidly easy to edit the base movement speed, it'll be in entityclasses.xml. You'll also be able to control the amount of stamina drain/recharge for various (stance+moveType) combos and all other "base values" that pertain to a player in there.
    Last edited by Kinyajuu; 04-17-2018 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toores View Post
    /mind goes wondering/ hmm, is it possible to filter out some users on the forum...
    There is an "ignore list" feature if you look at a user's profile.

You cant ignore Moderators/Admins :P
    Yeah, it's somewhat limited.

But if it's the same user picturing everything in a negative light again and again and again and... I just don't care any more because this person will never be pleased with anything and unspecific negativity is simply unproductive. *shrug*
    If someone is offended by that I fully support their right to feel offended.

Quote Originally Posted by toores View Post
    At one point i thought it would be neat feature to have this the other way around. Instead of ban, you would temporarily select bunch of users (with orange and green names ) and see all their post in a certain thread in a chronological order.
    It'd make it easy to skim through important stuff.
    You do realise that you'd never see a post from a non-whitelisted user so you'd never whitelist any? =P

It sure would be a lot faster, though.
    Last edited by Gazz; 04-17-2018 at 10:17 AM.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Rust Buddy View Post
    Will there be priorities to the blocks they target? So if I destroy the stairs and sit on the second floor of a building will they start targeting wall support blocks so if ignored they'll eventually bring the building down? I've read that hordes used to bring down buildings if you were perched in them out of reach but ever since I've been playing their behavior when you are above them and unreachable has been random and pathetic and the second floor safety easily lasts the whole night .

Will they be able to target upward or downward to destroy hatches if they know I am above or below them? If zombies could have the ability to target and hit blocks below their feet or above their head I would stop playing Rust forever!
    Pathing considers block health. Doors currently use 25% health, so they favor them.

Trashing nearby walls is on my list, to counter sitting above them.

Vertically damaging blocks I have not evaluated yet, but I will be looking at it.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Roland did they completely remove the digging code when they found out they didnt like swiss cheese? No current way to point AI targeting to that old code that says dig?
    I've not seen any AI dig code, so probably gone/disabled. Digging blocks vs terrain may need to be handled differently. A hatch door or floor to get down to a player seems fairly straightforward apart from how it looks. I think jumping/stomping may look ok for standing zombies.

@ Suppressor discussion:

This is a game and the "silencer" models a movie type silencer.
    Still, a gun would require cold-loaded ammo to have any realistic hope of being silent so the end result of lower energy/damage can be put on the silencer item.

Folks can argue all they want about how any specific part of that is unrealistic and explain how much more micromanagement is absolutely required to modify and operate firearms. To that I only say: zombies.

1995 in germany we had the MG3
    + Replacement barrel
    + Ammo
    This was ugly to carry
    Yeah, but it always works. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Shado47 View Post
    The one thing that really bugs me about the attachments is the magazine extender. Thats just a big nono from me. A mag system like in DayZ would be beautiful (the guns are literally the only thing DayZ is good and actually best in the market at), but a mag extender? How is that supposed to work?
    It's simply a longer magazine. Or a drum.
    Magazines can be built larger.