Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Newly Updated

0 0%
  • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole

0 0%
  • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

0 0%
Page 1027 of 3418 FirstFirst ... 2752792797710171025102610271028102910371077112715272027 ... LastLast
Results 15,391 to 15,405 of 51264

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Your settlers would simply only Produce Food and clean water with a small surplus, hardly enough to have Guards, a Doc, a Trader and a teacher. But they would need and wear Clothes, armor, weapons, ammo.

Means you get some extra money on one hand but you need to supply them on the other.
    But for God's sake!
    Please make at least 3 Different sentences they say, Fallout 4 is so annoying. i made my settlers a Paradise, and all they do is encumber 24/7. I really miss a "Thanks that you made this possible for us"

Hunter
    On the raft/boat issue ("Professional" modder feedback needed). With the way water is now, could you import into the game a boat vehicle by overlaying the minibike (or new vehicle coming in A17) with a boat, and adjusting the xml for water or the "boat" to drive on top of the water blocks? It would probably look really goofy, but could it be done? Like when you add a new gun skin you just set it over an existing model. Maybe you could just import the new model by itself? I imagine this may create the issue of all vehicles/entities being able to drive/walk on the water, but if you could make it so only the one vehicle/boat can do it that would be pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by XCOUNTRY View Post
    On the raft/boat issue ("Professional" modder feedback needed). With the way water is now, could you import into the game a boat vehicle by overlaying the minibike (or new vehicle coming in A17) with a boat, and adjusting the xml for water or the "boat" to drive on top of the water blocks? It would probably look really goofy, but could it be done? Like when you add a new gun skin you just set it over an existing model. Maybe you could just import the new model by itself? I imagine this may create the issue of all vehicles/entities being able to drive/walk on the water, but if you could make it so only the one vehicle/boat can do it that would be pretty neat.
    This would need a sdx mod (What breaks EAC)
    And then everything should be possible

Buit because A17 is not so far away i guess no modder will do that before, because i guess A17 will change some/many things Vehicle related

Quote Originally Posted by Noctoras View Post
    Guns start coming up way too often anyway these days, there is so much more to the game and guns are an important part, yet other elements should not be neglected.
    Yea I'd like to see a video centered on something besides Gun Mods and New POI's... oh.. and the jeep...

Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDog1942 View Post
    Yea I'd like to see a video centered on something besides Gun Mods and New POI's... oh.. and the jeep...
    Well we got mocaps, new health/stamina system, terrain improvements, power attacks, npc improvements/quest system, plus a lot of improvements behind the scenes in the 'guts' of the game. Taken separately I can see how it would be underwhelming. But big picture, everything (at least to me) builds exponentially on what this new build will be able to accomplish content and playability-wise. Every subtle change (optimist here) will make more of those items we want on an individual basis to be easily implemented with mods. With my recent jaunt into experimenting with xmls and learning that aspect of this game, I can not wait for this build to drop!

edit: YAY! I leveled up! now I can go back to lurking and silently judging everyones good (and bad) ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by CplCritter View Post
    ...Skulls are harder than you'd think...
    Right? Makes me think of all the fake knives penetrating all the fake skulls on The Walking Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Sorry. I filled the wrong bar. Its fixed now.
    So tell me, I'm still not sure of this HP bar is there just to troll those who rely on such bars, or if it's a legit indication of when A17 is coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMole View Post
    So tell me, I'm still not sure of this HP bar is there just to troll those who rely on such bars, or if it's a legit indication of when A17 is coming out?
    It is an accurate indication.

It is to troll those that hate the HP Bar on the UI.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    This would need a sdx mod (What breaks EAC)
    And then everything should be possible

Buit because A17 is not so far away i guess no modder will do that before, because i guess A17 will change some/many things Vehicle related
    A ton of stuff with vehicles has changed and a lot of it is exposed in xml now, with more xml to come.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMole View Post
    Yeah Roland has stated before it's both.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Got a nice feature working today:
    AI Break Block does targeted block hits based on improved obstacle check.

Now it is a 3 block high check. AIs go after middle, then weakest of low/high. Favors the low, since if they destroyed med/high, they would have to jump.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    A ton of stuff with vehicles has changed and a lot of it is exposed in xml now, with more xml to come.
    Absolutely awesome!. Can't wait to play alpha 17! Having these options in xml is what gives every update a great reason to keep playing as the game improves. I am so glad we can do some messing around with vehicles. I always play each update as it is at first and run a server for it. I usually find some things I like to adjust in xml and this is much appreciated.

Tracker
    very nice faatal, im glad to hear that its getting corrected, it was annoying watching them hit blocks or miss entirely cause they were trying to hit the block that was already destroyed, now our bases are going to take a bigger beating, i like it

@fataal Is there anyway to make them target different blocks, currently you can walk to one side of your base and they will all come to that side, I would rather they attacked all sides of the base trying to get in.
    Last edited by AaronG85; 04-20-2018 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Got a nice feature working today:
    AI Break Block does targeted block hits based on improved obstacle check.

Now it is a 3 block high check. AIs go after middle, then weakest of low/high. Favors the low, since if they destroyed med/high, they would have to jump.
    gz sounds good