Page 37 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official A17 Developer's Diary for Developers

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    Keep your eyes open for a new video sometime this week. In the meantime, order some diapers because A17 is going to scare the ♥♥♥♥ out of you.

Last edited by Roland; 08-21-2018 at 03:16 AM.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Decided today was bridge day:

Changed: Bridge open speed to x2 and removed bridge anim delays
    Fixed: Bridge disappearing when looking at top
    Added: Path area update uses multiblock size (bridge is big)
    Added: Path area has a next entry, so a delayed update can happen separately from the current update
    Added: Doors do a delayed path area update (bridge anim takes time)

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by A Nice Cup of Tea View Post
    With the crawlers "swimming" through the spikes, has their turning improved at all? When a walker turns it looks quite natural, but when a crawler turns it looks like they're laying on a turntable. Their centre of rotation is in their stomach somewhere and it looks really weird - is there any chance they could be made to crawl round in a realistic turning circle instead of turning on the spot.
    They turn by rotating, which for someone laying down, looks like you said. That has not changed, since additional anims and states would need to be added for that.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouch Quit It View Post
    Do the spider zs actually climb now, instead of feeling up and humping columns?
    I don't think there will be climbing in A17.

Kinyajuu said they plan to have a drop down menu that will have different selectable sizes. That is not yet implemented so right now it is just 8k x 8k. Kinyajuu said it should be possible to go into the xmls and choose your own size. I haven't looked in the xmls to see if that seems easy enough for me to understand or if it will be difficult. When I checked them last week it was still the legacy 10k radius value.

Quote Originally Posted by madmole View Post
    We're working on performance and updating the art to work with the new shaders, its really coming together.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by compuguru992000 View Post
    I asked this earlier, and the answer is no, they arent using the multi threaded features of unitys new job system, would take a lot of time to implement, and the feature is still in beta, so could introduce new bugs!

Also, if cide isnt written in a way that supports multithreading/parralel execution, it could break the game and make it unplayable.

- - - Updated - - -

See previous post, sorry my phone sucks

Edit:

On the other hand, running pathing in a new thread is as easy as this(depending on how dependent pathing is some things)
    Part of the new pathing system is some middleware code, which already uses multiple threads to path. That is not the most demanding part. Building the path grid is the slowest part, which uses thousands of raycasts and block evaluations.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    Zombies and water has not changed.
    Today it was changed so zombies will move slower in water based on how submerged they are.

https://youtu.be/S4c7ngCmnfI

Madmole’s new GAMEPLAY video!!!
    Last edited by Roland; 08-26-2018 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks for watching the video! There was just so much to talk about and not enough time to explain properly everything. Its like we switched to unity 2018 and kind of had some broken ass graphics so there was video blackout for a while. Things are starting to look presentable again so and a lot of systems have been coming online during the video blackout so now there is just like so much new stuff to cover, I crammed 2 months of videos into one, but things will be explained as time goes on.

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Wow. People like to jump to conclusions.

1. Zombie loot isn't going away. Using their dead body as a loot container is. Also if they aren't going to drop loot, they don't drop a backpack. That's the change, not what you guys keep talking about.

2. Water doesn't control max health. Medical items (note: not painkillers) and/or time are what will refill your max health. Water only controls the regen speed of stamina and health up to it's max. painkillers and non medical bandages refill your current health up to the current max.

3. Bow glitch, yeah, the whole thing was changed out and redone. Something was changed recently that caused it to come back and I have a ticket for it currently.

4. Food is easily tracked on the current UI. It is your max stamina.

Now chill out a bit everyone.
    Last edited by Kinyajuu; 08-27-2018 at 02:49 AM.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by ltbrunt View Post
    Any chance for boats in A18 or any future update.

Maybe have blocks that can be crafted which have a floating property
    A18 should allow for floating vehicles once I finish the buoyancy code. A raft model was already made, so that should be the first boat.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Star69 View Post
    @Faatal.....thank you for the zombie water interaction. At some point, when you have time, can you look at animals and water? Specifically dogs, wolves and bears. When they enter water, they sink to the bottom in full run animation but go nowhere and cannot get out. You can swim down to them & either shoot them from close up or beat them with a club. So if you are chased by these guys, go in the water and you’re perfectly safe plus get free & easy meat. Thanks in advance.
    They should move like the zombies currently (walk on bottom). I will test.

Undisclosed bunker somewhere on planet earth
    Quote Originally Posted by sijb777 View Post
    So is the amount of loot you can get from zeds comparable to before the backpack? I really like the new system as it gets rid of heaps of duplication glitches, but it just looks like there is no loot now.
    I don't handle loot balance so I cannot say what vanilla will have on release. Just saying that the mechanic isn't being removed, just the grind of searching/destroying 20 corpses when only 2 have loot. Now no more corpse blocks to clean up and no more empty corpse blocks laying around.
    Last edited by Kinyajuu; 08-27-2018 at 02:44 AM.

Fun Pimps Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Obuthan View Post
    Thanks faatal.
    Any chance airdrop boxes might float in future alphas? Maybe a new water critter like a gator before the game goes gold? Water along the edge of the land might have a zombie but farther out there is nothing to have you checking your six.
    Boxes - maybe.

Having animals float and maybe certain zombies would take care of having a surface threat.