• Stream Event -> A17-E Released

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • DEV DIARY 1ST PAGE UPDATED: Oct 15

0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
Page 1050 of 2394 FirstFirst ... 50550950100010401048104910501051105210601100115015502050 ... LastLast
Results 15,736 to 15,750 of 35906

Thread: Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Reconstructionist
    So you want 7DTD to perform better, build a faster computer core.

When it comes to CPU's there are two metrics that really matter, how many parallel calculations can be done and the speed at which they can be completed.
    Specifically since many calculations are required simultaneously the speed at which they can be completed is the metric in which we define performance of the game.
    The short explanation is your CPU matters, lets use the Intel Core i7-7820X Skylake-X 8-Core 3.6 GHz LGA 2066 for this example, while it is not Intel's flagship it is the most robust most capable i7 ever made.
    Without getting into a bunch of mind numbing numbers and statistics suffice it to say that this CPU is a beast capable of destroying the most demanding games.
    There are two sides of the coin and the graphics card isn't the end all and be all of frames per second, if you want to go fast build a faster computer core and then add a state of the art graphics card.
    Last edited by Xeen; 04-23-2018 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prisma501 View Post
    There is a piece of info on improving performance in there. Its still evolving though, but i think the underlying unity engine will give us the boost to overcome those performance hurdles eventually.

https://blogs.unity3d.com/2017/07/11...ng-unity-2017/

Cheers
    Thx prisma, I have been stalking that blog a bit too . Nothing concrete though...

It seems to be a work in progress.
    But that's hardly surprising with the Unity guys...
    They seem to have a lot of loose ends, or possible features...
    Depends on your preferred way of looking at it

Quote Originally Posted by Xeen View Post
    So you want 7DTD to perform better, build a faster computer core.

-snip-
    If this was directed towards me, I will point you to the original OP's post. That was Halo.

If you read that, you'd know that the PC is not the factor here...

I know PC hardware young Padawan...

Quote Originally Posted by Kinyajuu View Post
    If I were to explain it all most of your eyes would simply glaze over, trust me.
    I can vouch for that, I often have no idea what you are saying and I'm not a novice at coding

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace312 View Post
    If this was directed towards me, I will point you to the original OP's post. That was Halo.

If you read that, you'd know that the PC is not the factor here...

I know PC hardware young Padawan...
    It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just at anyone wondering why their game doesn't run very well.

I have a gaming rig with said CPU and it runs 7DTD flawlessly at max settings, even with the advanced visual processing toys turned on.

As far as the young Padawan comment goes, lol I've been building computers since 1995, most of the kids that post here weren't even born yet.
    Last edited by Xeen; 04-23-2018 at 10:08 AM.

Refugee
    Please stop the bull♥♥♥♥ comments on this section no one cares about how the game is running on your computer. I get constant 80-90 FPS on a 2560x1080 wide monitor with GTX 1060 3 gb and i5 . I just turn off the shadows and everything works perfect.Just go work and if you love so much 7 DTD buy a new rig ♥♥♥♥♥♥. You all are just cry baby. I like this game so much im happy with Alpha 16.4 too. If you criticise and wants Alpha 17 faster then go and donate 10$ million and they will relase it the next day you idiots. I come on Alpha 17 developer diary to read news i dont wanna see your bull♥♥♥♥ here about how the game is running on your ♥♥♥♥ti computer

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by iLikeIT View Post
    Please stop the bull♥♥♥♥ comments on this section no one cares about how the game is running on your computer. I get constant 80-90 FPS on a 2560x1080 wide monitor with GTX 1060 3 gb and i5 . I just turn off the shadows and everything works perfect.Just go work and if you love so much 7 DTD buy a new rig ♥♥♥♥♥♥. You all are just cry baby. I like this game so much im happy with Alpha 16.4 too. If you criticise and wants Alpha 17 faster then go and donate 10$ million and they will relase it the next day you idiots. I come on Alpha 17 developer diary to read news i dont wanna see your bull♥♥♥♥ here about how the game is running on your ♥♥♥♥ti computer
    That's harsh dude, did you forget to take your meds again?

Refugee
    Quote Originally Posted by -Holo- View Post
    I always keep track on how much resources are used from the computer (hurray for MSI afterburner and logitech g19), and it's not limited to the computers power, plenty of ram free, no cpu cores are even close to being maxed, generally over half the vram is free and the graphicscard is not being utilized nearly fully.

/Holo
    You also need to take into account HD speed, all the ground chunks are saved to individual files, when you come into range of a skyscraper the file it needs to load is larger than normal and so takes time to load, before it can begin to process using your CPU and GPU. HD RPM speed and HD cache both help with loading and saving chunks.

I used to use a slow HD and found my FPS rate reduce significantly when riding the mini bike at full speed near a town or city, loading new chunks, saving old ones. Changing the drive the game was installed on sped things up for me after a CPU and GPU upgrade had reached its FPS limit. A SSD would have worked even better and that is next on my upgrade list I think.

Reconstructionist
    Quote Originally Posted by Gepps View Post
    You also need to take into account HD speed, all the ground chunks are saved to individual files, when you come into range of a skyscraper the file it needs to load is larger than normal and so takes time to load, before it can begin to process using your CPU and GPU. HD RPM speed and HD cache both help with loading and saving chunks.

I used to use a slow HD and found my FPS rate reduce significantly when riding the mini bike at full speed near a town or city, loading new chunks, saving old ones. Changing the drive the game was installed on sped things up for me after a CPU and GPU upgrade had reached its FPS limit. A SSD would have worked even better and that is next on my upgrade list I think.
    Absolutely if your Motherboard supports it buy a Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe you will be glad you did.
    Last edited by Xeen; 04-23-2018 at 10:21 AM.

Sometimes I drink too much coffee as well.

Knowing when to post while high on caffeine is still something I'm working on.

So does anyone know what will happen to your character upon death? Since the wellness system is being readjusted/replaced. Will your max health/stamina get reduced as it is in A16?

- - - Updated - - -

Take a chill-pill mate.

The hardest part of a computer to upgrade can be the attitude between the keyboard and the chair.

Hunter
    And some thought DaVega was a rude fella

Take it easy. Comparing Rigs and talking about Performance is a good thing and belongs somewhat to this forum ( maybe not neccesary in his thread), rants like yours at the other hand....

I rather read 20 Posts about Rigs, Settings and Setup instead 1 White Knight or Rant Post like yours
    Last edited by Rassilon; 04-23-2018 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rassilon View Post
    And some thought DaVega was a rude fella

Take it easy. Comparing Rigs and talking about Performance is a good thing and belongs somewhat to this forum ( maybe not neccesary in his thread), rants like yours at the other hand....

I rather read 20 Posts about Rigs, Settings and Setup instead 1 White Knight or Rant Post like yours
    Hehe. Well, there are different levels of rude-ness (or perceived rudeness). I would never go about swearing like that.

Hunter
    Was not really meant against you. While you sometimes come close to the Border of Rant, i still appreciate most of your posts because it starts discussion and mostly ends in a post of a Dev or Roland explaining things. that were left unsure

Just dont like those Posts of people like "iLikeIt" because it contains ZERO real content or argumentive critic.
    Last edited by Rassilon; 04-23-2018 at 12:15 PM.