• -------------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: July 11

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: June 29

0 0%
  • -----------------------------------------------------

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
Page 1560 of 1560 FirstFirst ... 5601060146015101550155815591560
Results 23,386 to 23,398 of 23398

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    That Damn red barn that crumbled when you took some hay bales...
    In either the dashong tower or higashi pharma, if you wrench or destroy any of those lcd screens on that reception area in the center on the ground floor, the entire center area will collapse, your in the right building if it the wood blocks the lcd screens are on is I think red, and there should be 3 of em. I forgot which building it is, but its one of those 2.

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by emarat View Post
    The way that i understood it is that you craft the vehicle in a workbench and then get to place it. Therefore you could just craft a 4x4 and keep it in your inventory and go to your friend and give him a 4x4.

So while your friend might not ride with you they get their own vehicle.
    Okay, that's admittedly a better option. You'll still only get one rescue for the lifetime of each vehicle, though, unless you can pick the vehicle back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by CplCritter View Post
    I hear feel your pain. It would be nice in the meantime if they compartmentalized the storage to compensate for the fact you cannot pick up passangers. Think about it... x amount of storage in the back and x amount of storage on the passanger seat. At least a little extra storage room would help soften the blow of not being able to ride with a buddy. Big bonus for being able to access that passanger seat storage unil multiple passangers is acivated.

Just some thoughts for the dev team to create some "alternative" bonus to the 4x4.
    That had occurred to me, too. Stick a crate where the passenger seat would be, and players will think, "Oh, well that's kind of bizarre but it explains why I can't ride there."

Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    However, you have to admit TempusFugit is correct that it is Michonne in the video (a video of the PC version). One can't achieve this resemblance with the character creator alone:

https://youtu.be/_GfZ13g3CIw?t=39s
    https://youtu.be/NiLn3Y4BLHw?t=1m20s

Plus Madmole literally says "This is Michonne from The Walking Dead."
    You are correct. So let me be more clear.

Madmole often shows us things from the editor and not from the game. The editor has the Walking Dead characters because Madmole created The Walking Dead characters for the console version. The console version is owned by Telltale games that also holds the license to using The Walking Dead characters in their games.

In that video Madmole was NOT showing us that characters from The Walking Dead were coming to the PC version of 7 Days to Die in A17. He was showing motion captured animations that were rigged to player characters to show that in A17 other players would move more naturally from 3rd person view than they have in the past. That was the whole point of the video. He used that character because he likes it.

Now, I know it is fun to try and find inadvertent reveals in videos and sometimes what is found is true. But in this case it is not. I just double checked the list of pre-made characters in the latest build of A17 (it's build 90) and there is not one single named character from The Walking Dead in the list nor have I heard any dev chatter that would signify that Telltale's license to use TWD named characters has somehow been extended to The Fun Pimps Studio.

That's not to say it might not happen in the future but as of A17 it isn't happening based on all evidence I can see.

Okay, that's admittedly a better option. You'll still only get one rescue for the lifetime of each vehicle, though, unless you can pick the vehicle back up again.
    I wonder if it would be possible to make a workstation that disappears after a single crafting? That way you could make a workstation that looks like a chassis (and is crafted with the same components you would use for the chassis). Then you would open the "chassis" and craft the rest of the components together to form the vehicle. Once the crafting timer runs out you get a vehicle and the chassis is gone.

Or

I wonder if it is possible to make blocks be upgradeable into entities much like blocks are upgradeable into new blocks. Then you could just have the components in your inventory and beat on the base block (that looks like a chassis) with a wrench and it would upgrade through a few textured block phases until it reaches its final state which is the complete 4x4 entity. So...upgrading instead of crafting.

Don't know if any of that is remotely possible.

I always skipped that barn. 100% chance of spawning demon dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Well use the holy Cross(bow)

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    And a high chance of dying early game.

OK Roland, you can now release A17! (To me anyway, you got the collectors edition $500 monopoly bill I gave you?).

As I have my: "A17 downloading, video to play while waiting".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuHXcJdoRdo

Refugee
    Building the M.O.L.E. through temporary workstation/placeable chassis or through an upgradeable block that you place on the floor is a far better idea than crafting it and placing the finished M.O.L.E. in your pocket.

I know that you can carry a thousand rocks and blocks and whatnot, but there must exist an artificial line that must not be crossed dammit.

I mean if you took the MAIN bale yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by chaosterone View Post
    Street spawns.....there's an idea. What if the TFP placed more spawn blocks around skyscrapers and larger "city" buildings so when you were in the vicinity there was an uptick in dogs and ferals spawning on the streets. It would make these buildings dangerous to approach.
    you mean street sleepers?

Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trielkee View Post
    Building the M.O.L.E. through temporary workstation/placeable chassis or through an upgradeable block that you place on the floor is a far better idea than crafting it and placing the finished M.O.L.E. in your pocket.

I know that you can carry a thousand rocks and blocks and whatnot, but there must exist an artificial line that must not be crossed dammit.
    The drawbridge would surely already be on the other side of that line. I'm not sure if that'll make you feel better or worse.

Refugee
    Like the idea of spawn zones depending on the area. Certain sounds like breaking doors, firing guns, vehicle sounds etc. could trigger nearby spawning zones to spawn zombies out of your view sight (number of zombies spawned could be set depending on the spawn point, be it in a city or a small village for example).

Would give great incentive to picklocks (if they decide to introduce those to the game), and going into towns on foot/sneaking rather than with a vehicle.

Refugee
    The drawbridge would surely already be on the other side of that line. I'm not sure if that'll make you feel better or worse.
    Never used the drawbridge actually .
    Though my remark was meant more in a humorous manner, I still think that adding some more means to an end regarding the vehicle creation, rather than crafting it in a workbench, would give a little more depth to the process, which I'm sure most people want.

Not saying this should be done for A17, rather along the way.