• █████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • It's Done When Its HP Bar Runs Out

0 0%
  • ████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • When the xp bar fills, the HP bar will take a hit

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: April 19

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: April 19

0 0%
Page 999 of 1063 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899979989991000100110091049 ... LastLast
Results 14,971 to 14,985 of 15941

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by Sy Tarn View Post
    my funny was wondering what grieving you could possibly do spam sleeping

Once I accidentally scrapped a can of spam when I fell asleep at the keyboard and that resulted in me grieving because I was hungry and had no other food

Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    ...and I say this with as much respect as humanly possible...

Sleeping in a game? Really? Why. Just... why. I'm not even going to punctuate that question properly because it falls so far out of the realm of reasoning...

I sleep at home; in a game, I want to play. Sleep adds ZERO value add, and would be even MORE boring (if it's possible) than those first few nights when you're hunkered in an attic with nothing to do at night (thanks to leveled everything!).

Kill sleep. Kill the idea. Kill the essence. Purge whatever part of your brain thinks that it would be a cool thing to add... because it would not.

...now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go take a nap.
    B-b-but we "need" to do something about powerlevelling. Introducing the need to sleep would
    help force the players to slow down their levelling and make sure they are not a higher
    level at day 7 and 14 then intended...
    Last edited by Kattla; 1 Week Ago at 03:35 AM. Reason: not

Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post

Is that Madmole? Damn, his beard has taken over his whole body...

Then the real question is: who is the person talking to "Bad hair day madmole"??

Was it me sleep talking again? My wife says she talks to me when I sleep sometimes and I am 100% honest!
    Or is Roland actually "Mister Big" and calls the shots while pretending to be a lowly mod?

Quote Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
    B-b-but we "need" to do something about powerlevelling. Introducing the need to sleep would
    help force the players to slow down their levelling and make sure they are not a higher
    I don't think it really matters. Horde night throws a level-appropriate horde at you, not a day-appropriate horde. The only thing that sucks is if you're low level and you run with high level friends, they attract a horde that you may not be able to handle.

Colony Founder
    Thanks.

Simulate sleeping from 0400 to 0405 every night and THAT is when you:

-Get exp from the day with a max of one level gained per day!
    -Heal from broken bones and restore your health.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    I was looking through the asset files and dlls. I found sleeping was already implemented.

Hit esc, click on quit game.

...who knew.

Colony Founder
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    I was looking through the asset files and dlls. I found sleeping was already implemented.

Hit esc, click on quit game.

...who knew.
    I think you got sleeping confused with quitting.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope we can see another video soon. Love to see what's next with this game.

Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Quitting... Sleeping... Exactly the same gameplay. Same amount of fun, too.

Sleep simulation would be a snore fest (see what I did there? )

Hunter
    Honestly I like the idea of creating a bunch of characters, give them an AI script from a menu during character creation and that character will follow said script when you are not playing as them, so if you make player 1 (builder) and run a builder AI that might need to be leveled by some mechanic in the game, they will randomly build structures and based on their level will depend on the type they build, after getting settled you have player 2 (slayer) mostly combat based so having some of them will make bases safer while you are out scavenging, then player 3 (merchant) would take items to the trader and sell them bringing back better items or just the dukes, risky but could make interesting gameplay, player 4 (explorer) will adventure out and leave maps in a chest at set home base where bedroll is, when you read it part of the map gets revealed, player 5 (scavenger) will go out and bring back everything that they can hold and just dump it in a chest in the base, those are some ideas should it come to light, would make single player way more interesting and liven up the mp maps by having charaters made by the host lol, what do you all think?
    Last edited by Phoenixshade35; 1 Week Ago at 05:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixshade35 View Post
    Honestly I like the idea of creating a bunch of characters, give them an AI script from a menu during character creation and that character will follow said script when you are not playing as them, so if you make player 1 (builder) and run a builder AI that might need to be leveled by some mechanic in the game, they will randomly build structures and based on their level will depend on the type they build, after getting settled you have player 2 (slayer) mostly combat based so having some of them will make bases safer while you are out scavenging, then player 3 (merchant) would take items to the trader and sell them bringing back better items or just the dukes, risky but could make interesting gameplay, player 4 (explorer) will adventure out and leave maps in a chest at set home base where bedroll is, when you read it part of the map gets revealed, player 5 (scavenger) will go out and bring back everything that they can hold and just dump it in a chest in the base, those are some ideas should it come to light, would make single player way more interesting and liven up the mp maps by having charaters made by the host lol, what do you all think?
    I think having those slaves would free up more time for ingame napping....

Scavenger
    Are we at Alpha 17 yet? I mean... page 1000 of the forum?

Edit: Dang, I was hoping I timed that just right... Nope still page 999