View Poll Results: Alpha 17

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A17 will be released when the bugs are fixed

    0 0%
  • 0 0%
  • Feature Freeze -> Hitler Video ->

    0 0%
  • Madmole gameplay -> Spider Meme ->

    0 0%
  • A17-E Release Candidate ->

    0 0%
  • Stream Event -> A17-E Released

    0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: Sept 15

    0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: Sept 15

    0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

    0 0%
Page 999 of 2211 FirstFirst ... 4998999499899979989991000100110091049109914991999 ... LastLast
Results 14,971 to 14,985 of 33164

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

  1. #14971
    Hood Ornament Gamida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,638
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post


    Is that Madmole? Damn, his beard has taken over his whole body...

  2. #14972
    Leader Aldranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in a universe near you.
    Posts
    5,343
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    Then the real question is: who is the person talking to "Bad hair day madmole"??

    Was it me sleep talking again? My wife says she talks to me when I sleep sometimes and I am 100% honest!
    Or is Roland actually "Mister Big" and calls the shots while pretending to be a lowly mod?

  3. #14973
    Zombie Hunter dhlmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    434
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
    B-b-but we "need" to do something about powerlevelling. Introducing the need to sleep would
    help force the players to slow down their levelling and make sure they are not a higher
    level at day 7 and 14 then intended...
    I don't think it really matters. Horde night throws a level-appropriate horde at you, not a day-appropriate horde. The only thing that sucks is if you're low level and you run with high level friends, they attract a horde that you may not be able to handle.

  4. #14974
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,858
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubo View Post
    Thanks.

  5. #14975
    Leader Aldranon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Somewhere in a universe near you.
    Posts
    5,343
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
    B-b-but we "need" to do something about powerlevelling. Introducing the need to sleep would
    help force the players to slow down their levelling and make sure they are not a higher
    level at day 7 and 14 then intended...
    Simulate sleeping from 0400 to 0405 every night and THAT is when you:

    -Get exp from the day with a max of one level gained per day!
    -Heal from broken bones and restore your health.

  6. #14976
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    18,304
    Rep Power
    1
    I was looking through the asset files and dlls. I found sleeping was already implemented.

    Hit esc, click on quit game.

    ...who knew.

  7. #14977
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,858
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    I was looking through the asset files and dlls. I found sleeping was already implemented.

    Hit esc, click on quit game.

    ...who knew.
    I think you got sleeping confused with quitting.

    - - - Updated - - -

    I hope we can see another video soon. Love to see what's next with this game.

  8. #14978
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Enemy for life
    Posts
    18,304
    Rep Power
    1
    Quitting... Sleeping... Exactly the same gameplay. Same amount of fun, too.

  9. #14979
    Colony Founder StompyNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    3,835
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kattla View Post
    B-b-but we "need" to do something about powerlevelling. Introducing the need to sleep would
    help force the players to slow down their levelling and make sure they are not a higher
    level at day 7 and 14 then intended...
    Sleep simulation would be a snore fest (see what I did there? )

  10. #14980
    Tracker
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    0
    Honestly I like the idea of creating a bunch of characters, give them an AI script from a menu during character creation and that character will follow said script when you are not playing as them, so if you make player 1 (builder) and run a builder AI that might need to be leveled by some mechanic in the game, they will randomly build structures and based on their level will depend on the type they build, after getting settled you have player 2 (slayer) mostly combat based so having some of them will make bases safer while you are out scavenging, then player 3 (merchant) would take items to the trader and sell them bringing back better items or just the dukes, risky but could make interesting gameplay, player 4 (explorer) will adventure out and leave maps in a chest at set home base where bedroll is, when you read it part of the map gets revealed, player 5 (scavenger) will go out and bring back everything that they can hold and just dump it in a chest in the base, those are some ideas should it come to light, would make single player way more interesting and liven up the mp maps by having charaters made by the host lol, what do you all think?
    Last edited by Phoenixshade35; 04-12-2018 at 05:04 AM.

  11. #14981
    Super Moderator Roland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    On a Zipline
    Posts
    12,149
    Rep Power
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixshade35 View Post
    Honestly I like the idea of creating a bunch of characters, give them an AI script from a menu during character creation and that character will follow said script when you are not playing as them, so if you make player 1 (builder) and run a builder AI that might need to be leveled by some mechanic in the game, they will randomly build structures and based on their level will depend on the type they build, after getting settled you have player 2 (slayer) mostly combat based so having some of them will make bases safer while you are out scavenging, then player 3 (merchant) would take items to the trader and sell them bringing back better items or just the dukes, risky but could make interesting gameplay, player 4 (explorer) will adventure out and leave maps in a chest at set home base where bedroll is, when you read it part of the map gets revealed, player 5 (scavenger) will go out and bring back everything that they can hold and just dump it in a chest in the base, those are some ideas should it come to light, would make single player way more interesting and liven up the mp maps by having charaters made by the host lol, what do you all think?
    I think having those slaves would free up more time for ingame napping....

  12. #14982
    Tracker CplCritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Arizona - Just on the other side of the radiation zone.
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    0
    Are we at Alpha 17 yet? I mean... page 1000 of the forum?


    Edit: Dang, I was hoping I timed that just right... Nope still page 999

  13. #14983
    Scavenger
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0
    The sleeping discussion got me thinking of dreams. I am thinking it could open up a story mode. Maybe your character finds out what happend through dreams, little sketches of the past or what might come in the future. Adding to this though there would need to be extra benefits while sleeping, I mean who wants to sleep in a game? Maybe you dream your at dukes casino playing slot machines? Perhaps mods could solve this curiosity for those that desire it.

    Something I want more than anything in this game though is to listen to music. I think playing some metal on your crafted radio while a hoard is session would be sweet! I personally enjoy slipknot, metallica or something while shooting off guns. I have looked at mods and havent seen any options.

    Been playin 7 days since alpha 6ish. Always die no matter what in sp so prefer mp. 3 times a year friends from work join in a lan party and play 7 days. Possibly repeating past posts but hell... I just enjoy this game.

  14. #14984
    Reconstructionist Bubo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Olympus
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    1


    Only 769p. to go to beat A16's record (✿◠‿◠)

  15. #14985
    Tracker CplCritter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Arizona - Just on the other side of the radiation zone.
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    0
    Ah man! I was one small post off of nailing it! Fail!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •