• █████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • It's Done When Its HP Bar Runs Out

0 0%
  • █████████████████████████████████

0 0%
  • When the xp bar fills, the HP bar will take a hit

0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: April 19

0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: April 19

0 0%
Page 1055 of 1055 FirstFirst ... 5555595510051045105310541055
Results 15,811 to 15,824 of 15824

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

Quote Originally Posted by lordcrowler View Post
    This is my real account,i post only when its need or when i feel i need to do...1year its too much even for engine change or what they change...you dont need to agree with me..its my personal opinion.The fact i m still here shows i still interested by the game ,what i want to point is this methode with HP bar...more fair was to tell us a apx date(for ex : september-november)....
    What you want is a sticky in the General Discussion
    https://7daystodie.com/forums/showth...me-be-released

TFP have no better answer for you.
    Its like you ask Neil armstrong how the sand feels on the moon BEFORE he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    I guess the problem is that a few % of the energy are not reflected. And because the "Silver foil" is so thin it start to smelt/burn in a few nanoseconds, and by this it raises the amount of the not reflected energy.

So ni idea if a massive and cooled silverbody behind massive glass would change that
    Unfortunately not, the laser will vaporize the surface of the glass or metal eventually. Cooling it will just slow this process, not stop it. :-)

Colony Founder
    Surviving in the plains biome is not that easy

I am playing RG and based near a town and a trader. It's a good start.
    But starting and looting are two different things.

In this biome. there are certain buildings that look like shacks that a player might just want to avoid looting altogether.
    These buildings have cowboys and Doberman pincers (zombie dogs) sleeping in them. The cowboys are tough and the dogs are even more dangerous.
    But if you do well, you can get some great loot. I ended up with three rifles with extra rounds, leather and two sticks of TNT on one run.

Then there are the wolves that come out of no were, sometimes two at a time and the first time you know that they are there is when they are on top of you.

Even some of the plants are dangerous you are always having to doge Cactus.

Fewer resources that you can take on the ground like boulders and usable plants. Not clustered together like in the other biomes.
    But one thing that this biome has that no other biome is corn. In this place, corn grows free.
    You may find it in RG on a POI farm but this is the only place in the game that it grows wild.

But more animals, big animals. Most will attack you on sight, others attack if provoked.

There also seems to be more zombies about as well.
    Also being on the plains seems to get the player to let there guard down. Unlike the other biomes that that are normally either full of fog or smoky and other clutter, the plains are mostly clear and flat. Making you think that you could see trouble coming a mile away.
    You'd be surprised how close zombies can get to you in that biome.

It's a very nice place to visit and even stay as long as you can adapt to it.
    Last edited by sillls; 3 Hours Ago at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gronk View Post
    Unfortunately not, the laser will vaporize the surface of the glass or metal eventually. Cooling it will just slow this process, not stop it. :-)
    The energy transfer from a laser to a surface is photon absorption, with an extreamly low contribution from photon momentum as well.

So... A perfectly reflective surface will deflect a laser beam nearly indefinitely! That's a fact.

Getting a perfectly reflective material surface, is another matter entirely...
    Very difficult to get even close.

BUT, getting a material to perfectly reflect a laser beam with a known wavelength ahead of time.
    This is not difficult.
    Last edited by Menace312; 3 Hours Ago at 09:57 PM.

Well as they are vultures and I suspect they are not the henchmen of some evil overlord who has tons of money to outfit them all with high quality lasers, I think they may have just picked up some of those dollar store pointer lasers for show. Just don't stare directly at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guppycur View Post
    Call it... "The teenage vest."
    An achievment should be called like this, I don`t care for what.

Colony Founder
    The tree flip

I was in the burnt forest and chopped down a medium sized tree to fall on the burning zombie. It falls but as the thing is coming at me. It pushes it back up and on top of me. lol. It landed on me with no effect.

I was like, no problem and charged him with my hatchet.

Quote Originally Posted by beerfly View Post
    An achievment should be called like this, I don`t care for what.
    When you get a second base?

When you get a second base?
    More like enemy`s base, till it collapse

When you first time reach Day 7 21:55

"Coming Soon"

Day 8 5:55

"Its done, when its done"

Followed by a Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by sillls View Post
    One of my face palm moments

Today I saw a bear on the plains biome bordering the wasteland. With my new found blue pistol I figured I could take him. Hid and attacked with my bow. Got some good shots but it finally saw me. So I ran and switched to my gun. Was surprised to see it still standing after dropping a clip into it. It wasn't till after the second clip that I saw the tell tail signs that it was a zombie bear.

I took it down finally but after wasting all that ammo got rotten meat for my efforts. Well at least I got some leather, bone and fat off of it to.

Avoid zombie bears at all cost.
    I have noticed that the zombie bear is actually skinned as the regular bear until you get up close. I'm not sure why it does that, but it's really disturbing to see it flicker back and forth when you are darting in and out of that range.

Scavenger
    It would make sense to leave player levels of mobility to bandits. The zombies should be a baseline threat that must be dealt with on a weekly basis while bandits could attack at any time. I'm not a huge fan of moving away from the classic Romero-style zombies.
    Bandits with that level of mobility would be pretty cool. Just thinking, we already have Romero-style zombies in the day, and fast sprinting zombies at night and sprinting ferals, maybe have only zombies that sprint should be able to climb like the player? The 7 day hordes would be so much more terrifying. And give the spider zombie the ability to climb anything with no hand holds, even stuff like the ceiling. Of course with proper climbing mo-cap. I think the idea of upside down roof spider sleepers would be pretty amazing and terrifying. It would ramp the horror level up a few notches and make you that much more careful clearing buildings... Add in some modern first person view camera movement to add to the immersion....

Maybe it make sense to let only Dogs Jump and Dig. Both looks better and in think feels more immersive

Scavenger
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal Deluxe View Post
    Maybe it make sense to let only Dogs Jump and Dig. Both looks better and in think feels more immersive
    Digging zombie dogs hordes coming through the side of my underground bunker would be pretty annoying. But awesome too.