View Poll Results: Alpha 17

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • A17-E will be released as soon as the issues are solved and the showstopping bugs fixed.

    0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • Feat Freeze -> Hitler Vid -> MM gameplay

    0 0%
  • -> Spider Meme -> Stream Blitz ->

    0 0%
  • -> Release Candidate -> A17-E

    0 0%
  • -------------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • FIRST POST UPDATED: August 10

    0 0%
  • SECOND POST UPDATED: July 25

    0 0%
  • -----------------------------------------------------

    0 0%
  • News for console versions is only announced by Clare in the console news forum.

    0 0%
Page 1171 of 1816 FirstFirst ... 171671107111211161116911701171117211731181122112711671 ... LastLast
Results 17,551 to 17,565 of 27229

Thread: Developer Diary: Alpha 17

  1. #17551
    Leader Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In between
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Power
    1
    My personal, which is an unpopular opinion on inventory..

    1. Starting out: Players should just start out with the belt inventory.
    2. Have one of the starting tut/quest: Make a small bag with plant fibers that adds 1 row of inventory.
    3. Players need to find backpacks: It ranges in sizes from 1/4 to 3/4 of current backpack size (the largest size needs to be obtained with the secret stash perk which holds the same as vanilla).
    4. You get a mini bike w/basket, it carries 1/2 of what the current backpack size is.
    5. You get the cycle: It can carry what the current backpack holds in vanilla. pretend it has saddlebags..
    6. You get the ORV: It can carry 2x the space of what the vanilla backpack carries.

  2. #17552
    Hood Ornament Gamida's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Rock
    Posts
    3,569
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfly View Post
    Why when I read that someone wants more slots in the backpack or in the bike, or with the new vehicles, they expect the game should get easier ? The point is, yea, it could be made easier, but should it ? I think no. The harder the better. \w/
    I don't understand how making a backpack bigger makes the game easier. Will my level 100 bow do more damge if I have a bigger backpack? Will I be able to take more hits from a zombie if I have more inventory space?
    Backpack is fine by me now but I would not be adverse to the idea Siveria had about keeping inventory as it is but have the .dll set to allow players to easily edit backpack size in xml. Which I assume will also allow you to make it smaller if you wish. Wouldn't that be a win for everyone?

  3. #17553
    Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    2,957
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by faatal View Post
    It is not really the AI, but the pathing system, which scans the world and makes a layered grid around each player. All animals and zombies use that grid, but the grid does not know about them. ...It is the standard A* concept.
    Thanks! I hope you're not annoyed with all the questions, because I have another one...

    How do spider zombies factor into this? If the grid extends into three dimensions, then how do walking zombies know to ignore paths that would require climbing or flying? And if the grid is two dimensional, then how do spider zombies know to take a path that requires climbing up?

  4. #17554
    Colony Founder Brian9824's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,604
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    My personal, which is an unpopular opinion on inventory..

    1. Starting out: Players should just start out with the belt inventory.
    2. Have one of the starting tut/quest: Make a small bag with plant fibers that adds 1 row of inventory.
    3. Players need to find backpacks: It ranges in sizes from 1/4 to 3/4 of current backpack size (the largest size needs to be obtained with the secret stash perk which holds the same as vanilla).
    4. You get a mini bike w/basket, it carries 1/2 of what the current backpack size is.
    5. You get the cycle: It can carry what the current backpack holds in vanilla. pretend it has saddlebags..
    6. You get the ORV: It can carry 2x the space of what the vanilla backpack carries.
    Totally agree. I know MM has mentioned that we will be getting backpacks later and the current inventory size is supposed to be the maximum size with a fully upgraded backpack

  5. #17555
    Leader Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In between
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian9824 View Post
    Totally agree. I know MM has mentioned that we will be getting backpacks later and the current inventory size is supposed to be the maximum size with a fully upgraded backpack
    OK, so it's not as super, super, unpopular as I thought

  6. #17556
    Scavenger Armstrrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Orsey View Post
    Until the alpha 17 came out, can it make sense to add a timer when firing a fire / forge / chemical station and add an occasional failure when igniting?

    Before ignition, you need to add a minimum fuel (wood, paper, coal). If the ignition is not successful, the fuel is lost. The percentage of successful ignition may depend on the perk of the player and the fuel used (paper - 95%, coal - 65%, wood - 30%).

    Yes, I know, it's in the Long Dark game, but it's a cool idea for 7 Days to die.

    You can also make it so that the transport has to be started by pressing the button for a certain period of time. And then you can add a case of failure, which can depend on the quality of the transport and the level of special player perk.

    I want more details of reality in the game. Now we can just turn the fire on and off, but it's weird))
    This is cool idea and an important part for Long Dark, which can lead you to death if you don't have any sources of ignition, so you can keep yourself warm and cook food or boil water to stay alive.

    In my opinion, the ignition system is not suitable for 7d2d.

  7. #17557
    Community Moderator Crater Creator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    2,957
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazmyr View Post
    wow.....your old.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    his old what....?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf959 View Post
    I don't know if your implying that would be a bad thing...
    ...And on the same page, too. Still too subtle, Roland.

  8. #17558
    Scavenger Armstrrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    43
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    My personal, which is an unpopular opinion on inventory..

    1. Starting out: Players should just start out with the belt inventory.
    2. Have one of the starting tut/quest: Make a small bag with plant fibers that adds 1 row of inventory.
    3. Players need to find backpacks: It ranges in sizes from 1/4 to 3/4 of current backpack size (the largest size needs to be obtained with the secret stash perk which holds the same as vanilla).
    4. You get a mini bike w/basket, it carries 1/2 of what the current backpack size is.
    5. You get the cycle: It can carry what the current backpack holds in vanilla. pretend it has saddlebags..
    6. You get the ORV: It can carry 2x the space of what the vanilla backpack carries.
    If at least we can have bigger backpack inventory than vanilla at the end, then I'm good with it.

    P.S. I don't like this inventory system, which you offered, at least for 7D2D.

  9. #17559
    Colony Founder The Gronk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    1,954
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crater Creator View Post
    Thanks! I hope you're not annoyed with all the questions, because I have another one...

    How do spider zombies factor into this? If the grid extends into three dimensions, then how do walking zombies know to ignore paths that would require climbing or flying? And if the grid is two dimensional, then how do spider zombies know to take a path that requires climbing up?
    Any node in an a-star grid can be made impassible. Translating a-star into 3D may be a little more complicated than it first appears given that spiders walk on the face of a block, one of those times I'm glad somebody else is writing the code :-)

  10. #17560
    Refugee
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    My personal, which is an unpopular opinion on inventory..

    1. Starting out: Players should just start out with the belt inventory.
    2. Have one of the starting tut/quest: Make a small bag with plant fibers that adds 1 row of inventory.
    3. Players need to find backpacks: It ranges in sizes from 1/4 to 3/4 of current backpack size (the largest size needs to be obtained with the secret stash perk which holds the same as vanilla).
    4. You get a mini bike w/basket, it carries 1/2 of what the current backpack size is.
    5. You get the cycle: It can carry what the current backpack holds in vanilla. pretend it has saddlebags..
    6. You get the ORV: It can carry 2x the space of what the vanilla backpack carries.
    I would hate this with my play style, I scavenge for a few days and then settle normally on day 5 or 6, but I'd be really interested in this as a form of progression. It doesn't make much sense to me that you can make a minibike, but you can't make a backpack that can hold more than when you were walking around with a rock and a stick.

  11. #17561
    Leader Tin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    In between
    Posts
    5,173
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nightscout View Post
    I would hate this with my play style, I scavenge for a few days and then settle normally on day 5 or 6, but I'd be really interested in this as a form of progression. It doesn't make much sense to me that you can make a minibike, but you can't make a backpack that can hold more than when you were walking around with a rock and a stick.
    I wouldn't be opposed to it being more of a progression either.
    As for it making sense or no sense? <shrug> There's a lot of things that don't really make sense but it works for the game flow. xD

  12. #17562
    Colony Founder
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Roland View Post
    Sorry, but no need for making a choice is always easier than having to make a choice. Survival games should always be forcing this OR that and only allowing this AND that after some tech advance or progression arc has made it possible.

    I'm not against bigger mobile inventory eventually but it should be via vehicle cargo space (tech advance) or as a result of getting a perk based off of strength (progression arc) and if so then we should start with even smaller inventories than we do now so that there can be a satisfying progression.

    In my opinion, TFP should not just add two rows to the backpack and call it a day.
    Your right Roland. TFP's shouldn't just add two rows to a backpack and call it a day. No, they should add three.
    Last edited by sillls; 05-12-2018 at 06:44 AM.

  13. #17563
    Guppycurian Forum Whore Guppycur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Houston-ish, Texas
    Posts
    18,093
    Rep Power
    1
    Naw, I'm with Roland. maybe have 12 slots and move on. I campaigned (albeit briefly) for a Smaller Backpack mod to use in my Medieval Mod, but was shot down. Apparently people like their superman ability to carry stuff.

    ...so, I'm trying to convince Sphereii to add encumberance via weight... so once the contents of your backpack reach X (your players max weight holding ability) then it greys out.

    This way, buffs like athetics and whatnot can be used to extend your backpack usage. THEN a 90 slot backpack would make sense, because we could effectively increase the size via buffs, either from player ability or by finding an "item" that gives you the buff, effectively increasing your storage capability.


  14. #17564
    Refugee Azmodeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0
    The servers everywhere seem to be emptying very quick, like there used to be 10x as many people online playing 7DTD just motnhs ago, but now it's like super quiet dead, I urge the devs to hurry up and give people something new to sink thier teeth either an experimental build or at the least some juicy updates, it's been almost a month since we had anything.

    Of course, I can not dictate what the devs do, but, by all means it's thier paycheck at the end of the day, and if making a ♥♥♥♥ ton of money is not enough to motivate them, then who cares, theres been plenty of other games that have died because of poor development and community outreach, what is one more, right ?

  15. #17565
    Zombie Hunter
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Right here, right now!
    Posts
    447
    Rep Power
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerfly View Post
    Why when I read that someone wants more slots in the backpack or in the bike, or with the new vehicles, they expect the game should get easier ? The point is, yea, it could be made easier, but should it ? I think no. The harder the better. \w/
    I agree i want zombies that are so smart they kick my ass.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •